Community Demands Answers In Police Killing Of Unarmed Black Man

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/newson...-markee-jones-virginia-black-man-unarmed/amp/
The Danville Police Department released body camera footage Tuesday night of officers shooting dead Juan Markee Jones, which prompted demonstration and calls from the Black community for transparency.
It shows Jones, a 25-year-old Black man, ignoring police commands to show his hands and then stepping toward them before shots are fired

Approximately 100 demonstrators gathered Monday night at Danville’s City Hall, some carrying signs that read “We want answers” and “Black Lives Matter,” to press officials for the details surrounding the killing of Juan Markee Jones,

Danville police officers were responding to a domestic disturbance when they encountered Jones, who was suspected of attacking a woman, a statement from the police department said.

Jones allegedly tried to flee from the officers by driving to a nearby wooded area, police said. When confronted again, he exited the vehicle but refused to show his hands, according to police. An attempt to Taser him failed, police said. Jones was shot when he turned on the officers in a “threatening” manner,

http://www.godanriver.com/news/danv...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

“You are kings and queens and you do matter,” Lipscomb said.

Lol, kings and queens don’t have to obey the popo! Why is it so hard to obey simple instructions? I was in classes with black kids and they had the hardest time obeying teachers instructions. Lots of drama and punishment over simple stuff. Don’t want to bow down to the man.

Last edited:
Regardless of color, if you never learn the consequences of your actions as a child, you end up like this idiot.

Blame the “parents”.

Regardless of color, if you never learn the consequences of your actions as a child, you end up like this idiot.

Blame the “parents”.
It is a color issue, namely African American cultural issue. If you ever spend time inside this culture you’d know. Very rebellious.

I’ve spent time with lots of other colored folks: Mexican, SE Asian, Indian, Samoan. All poor from the poor areas. None had this kind of rebelliousness. Therefore none had this kind of probs with the police

It is a color issue, namely African American cultural issue. If you ever spend time inside this culture you’d know. Very rebellious.

I’ve spent time with lots of other colored folks: Mexican, SE Asian, Indian, Samoan. All poor from the poor areas. None had this kind of rebelliousness. Therefore none had this kind of probs with the police

I’ve spent more time in the Hood than 99% of shartdog.

It’s not a color thing, it’s a culture thing. Plenty of black folks are fine law abiding citizens. You’ll find they have caring engaged parents.

Any child not taught the consequences of their decisions is bound to fail.

Wouldn't that mean it has nothing to do with color and only bad parenting?

We’re talking about 2 diff issues. One is the general issue of upbringing which you are right. The other issue I brought up is uniquely African American. Sure, lots of them are good ppl. I was best friends with them. But the culture encourages this kind of mindset.

I even hung out with Mexican and SE Asian gang bangers. They were never dumb enough to get killed in this manner. Sure they got arrested all the time but not killed so stupidly. Because their cultures don’t put values on ‘standing up to the man’ like the black culture

Sounds like another goodboydindoonuffin. Not as much of a goodboydindoonuffin as Michael Brown, but still a goodboydindoonuffin.

Ugh this shit again. Another rebel sticking it to the man and getting blasted. Come on, just respect authority and all is good.

I can somewhat agree with the TS, although the general attitude type of "i can do what I want just because and if someone calls me out on it I'll take it as a personal blow to my pride and act aggressively towards that person," is not specific to black americans. There do seem to be a larger percentage of blacks with this mind set then other groups.

I'm not sure why. I've experienced this type of mind set from whites, blacks, yellows and browns, but for sure I've experienced this more with blacks.

I went to a HS with a pretty even mix of white, black, brown, and yellow and it was usually the black kids that would turn some small infraction that could have been resolved with a verbal warning, into a trip to the principals office or a full blown detention/suspension.

Who the fuck is telling these clowns they can fight the system and win? The rules apply to everyone, you don't get to ignore them just because you are you.

For the record you can find plenty of these kinds of people in trailer parks and hispanic households but like I said its almost like there is a disproportionate number of blacks who think there are no consequences to their actions.

what is it with urban blacks thinking a cop wont absolutely blow their ass away if they act a fool/dont follow orders. You gotta problem with a cop? let lawyers deal with it. dont hassle that shit on the street. its hard to represent your side when you're room temperature on a slab downtown.

Last edited:
Not a lot of debate since the black lives matter page got exposed as fraud...

Wow. The racism in this thread is over the top.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Actually I only agree with bobgeese in principle. Parental upbringing makes a huge difference. But not in this case. You don’t have to be taught about responsibilities or civic duties to know that ‘if I don’t raise my hands I’ll die’

It’s basic survival. What could short circuit such basic survival instinct? Cultural values.​

Wow. The racism in this thread is over the top.

Clicked on the thread, immediately regretted that decision. Just more race baiting crap. Would rather discuss if the shooting was ok or not. We can never leave race out of this shit.

I can somewhat agree with the TS, although the general attitude type of "i can do what I want just because and if someone calls me out on it I'll take it as a personal blow to my pride and act aggressively towards that person," is not specific to black americans. There do seem to be a larger percentage of blacks with this mind set then other groups.

I'm not sure why. I've experienced this type of mind set from whites, blacks, yellows and browns, but for sure I've experienced this more with blacks.

I went to a HS with a pretty even mix of white, black, brown, and yellow and it was usually the black kids that would turn some small infraction that could have been resolved with a verbal warning, into a trip to the principals office or a full blown detention/suspension.

Who the fuck is telling these clowns they can fight the system and win? The rules apply to everyone, you don't get to ignore them just because you are you.

For the record you can find plenty of these kinds of people in trailer parks and hispanic households but like I said its almost like there is a disproportionate number of blacks who think there are no consequences to their actions.
You got it. Sure the urban Chicano culture can be pretty rebellious and antiestablishment but not at the expense of SURVIVAL. May be because if you come from an immigrant background, you value survival more than anything, over pride and vanity.

That brings up another point: VANITY. They gotta look good with their peers, gotta ‘represent’. Vanity is very strong in the black culture. Even poor people would sacrifice everything for designers clothes and the latest sneakers . Vanity will kill you, literally.

Actually I only agree with bobgeese in principle. Parental upbringing makes a huge difference. But not in this case. You don’t have to be taught about responsibilities or civic duties to know that ‘if I don’t raise my hands I’ll die’

It’s basic survival. What could short circuit such basic survival instinct? Cultural values.​
Actually, it has everything to do with how you're raised.

There weren't taught consequences. That's literally it. It's not that fuckin' complex.

Another ridiculous protest. He actually turns towards them and acts like he has a gun after refusing to show his hands. What is there to discuss? What is there to protest?

Is it just knee jerk reactions at this point-to ignore the fleeing, violence that led to the police encounter, the refusal to show hands, the attempted use and failure of a taser, and finally, his turning in a manner in which no one could possibly not think the subject was pulling a gun.

But then, just like the mentally ill man in nyc that had a pipe that he wielded like a gun, go ahead and protest, cause a ruckus, because this hurts any credibility you have

You do realize that while blacks are over represented in police shootings(per capita) whites make up 50% of police shootings. Blacks 30%.

This is much more upbringing and product of one's environment, not genetics.

What could cause half of all police shootings to be white people? Culture?

Back