Social Company gives all employees handguns for Christmas gift

Great motivation strategy by the company.

I’m sure they’re doing well and their employees will be working extra hard.

It can be an employee owned company by tomorrow.

Wasn´t thinking competition. Just joining a club and shooting for fun. That´s allowed with handguns. The Glock 17 doesn´t seem to bad or expensive.

It's fine.

Not sure if there's competition requirements, but Google tells me you've got to have been an active member of a shooting club for 2 years before you can apply for a handgun licence in Denmark.

Well fuck. lol. Guess I will have to go visit one and see whats up :)

Would probably be cheaper to just go visit the family in Texas. No lack of guns there, that´s for sure :)

The gun club membership if feasible for you, is a really good option so you get to try all kinds firearms before you decide. If you end up liking guns and don't mind the cleaning, it's quite easy for it to snowball into frenzied collecting and buying, so 2 years is a nice time frame to get to so you are past the "honeymoon stage". Added, most people I've met around gun clubs/comps/stores are cool folks.

Who is giving out christmas gifts before Thanksgiving? That's the real tragedy of this story.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/com...nique-memorable-christmas-gift-190418122.html

Seeing this on my Facebook from multiple different local news outlets, seems like it's the outrage news of the day, this time for lefties. Side note, anyone know how which non important news story ends up inexpliecty making national news on all outlets?

Anyways, a glassware company told each of their employees to pick out a gun (up to $500) for their Christmas gift. They said their main motivator was personal safety and protection. The guns were sold legally to them (company actually gave gift cards to a local sporting goods store) and company asked anyone who didn't otherwise have a gun safety course under their belt to take one. Gift cards for 500 were given to a few employees who didn't want guns.

They've gotten mixed feedback as the story gained traction. All the employees loved it and went home to their spouses in disbelief
I LOVE AMERICA!!!!
giphy.gif

Most semi-autos, to include most Glock Safe-Action Pistols, are around five billz.

Do You Even Shoot Stuff, Bro???

No. I also haven´t lived in the US since 86. Hence the question.

Nice. Warms my heart that a company could be so generous.

I picked up my AK clone for $649 last year, I'd probably take the gift card and put it towards something better than what's at the $500 price point.

If they're not a felon or mentally ill I don't see what the big deal is? This is America after all...

I'm not American, but if I lived there I'd own a gun for safety purposes as there's the risk of someone using a gun if they wanted to rob/hurt me. I only have one life and I'm not going to chance it in a country with more guns than people.

Thankfully I live in a country without a gun culture like America so I have no real need for one.
Not all of America is all Wild West. Where I live, my fear of being murdered is about as high as being attacked by a shark and I live thousands of kilometers from an ocean.

Not bad our company gives us $500 every year which is also nice.

This picture of the employees with their Christmas handguns accompanied the article.

6620b593b717390a284a0a9217414d40

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/com...nique-memorable-christmas-gift-190418122.html

Seeing this on my Facebook from multiple different local news outlets, seems like it's the outrage news of the day, this time for lefties. Side note, anyone know how which non important news story ends up inexpliecty making national news on all outlets?

Anyways, a glassware company told each of their employees to pick out a gun (up to $500) for their Christmas gift. They said their main motivator was personal safety and protection. The guns were sold legally to them (company actually gave gift cards to a local sporting goods store) and company asked anyone who didn't otherwise have a gun safety course under their belt to take one. Gift cards for 500 were given to a few employees who didn't want guns.

They've gotten mixed feedback as the story gained traction. All the employees loved it and went home to their spouses in disbelief

Best. Secret Santa. Ever.:D

I'd be a little disappointed in that as a gift, but I guess everyone is different.

Reminds of a company tour I went on years ago. A company close to ours had a tour for all in the neighborhood. On the tour the owner was tellings us how the previous owner and builder carried a gun along with all his employees. Bullet holes could be seen around the building from where reportedly the owner would let loose.

The original building owner, despite being mad I believe, was very successful. His new building in town was massive. I don't know it's size but it seemed to be a couple football fields from what I recall. It reportedly had several bowling alleys too. The guy loved to bowl.

Sounds fine to me. Very generous, that's a lot of dough. We are lucky to get a snow globe, if that.

Guns are legal and it is the businesses right to give any legal gift to their employees.
I already have a gun so I would take the cash.

Back