COMPETITION LOG - 2017 S&C Deadlift Comp

So, are you dropping out?

The penalty-free drop out is available through tomorrow. It was meant for people with injuries or unforeseen circumstances, but it also works for people that just want to abandon their team.

Went to a gym that had comp. plates and bar to get some practice in before the meet. Worked up to around my second attempt. Low bar squats have been hurting my back, but today was the first time in a quite awhile I was able to squat pain free.

Deadlift
651x1

Low bar squat
385x3
405x2x3
315x5x3

Reverse db lunge
35x8
45x8
45x8

Ab work

Last edited:
What happened Jim?

My hip just isn't getting better and I don't feel like continuing to grind through it.

It's hard to look forward to lifting when you know it's going to hurt and be shitty, so I might as well focus on what is going well and doesn't cause pain both in and out of the gym.

So, are you dropping out?

The penalty-free drop out is available through tomorrow. It was meant for people with injuries or unforeseen circumstances, but it also works for people that just want to abandon their team.

You're right. My hip isn't injured.

My hip just isn't getting better and I don't feel like continuing to grind through it.

It's hard to look forward to lifting when you know it's going to hurt and be shitty, so I might as well focus on what is going well and doesn't cause pain both in and out of the gym.
Yeah i know what you mean. I hurt my back over a year ago and havent been able to low bar anything heavy. Its finally starting to feel better and hopefully will stay that way. Unfortunately injuries can take a long time to heal.

Yeah i know what you mean. I hurt my back over a year ago and havent been able to low bar anything heavy. Its finally starting to feel better and hopefully will stay that way. Unfortunately injuries can take a long time to heal.

I'll get it fixed up soon enough.

I just feel like, for the next 12 weeks leading up to the meet, I should put all my eggs in the bench basket, where the effort is better used.

My left quad and glute are pretty atrophied, so I don't really want to encourage that any further. I'm also fine on the flexibility/mobility front, but the pain is still there 24/7, which definitely is not encouraging.

It sucks, because other than my hip, my body has never felt better. I'm even hitting bench PRs at a lighter body weight.

Last edited:
Pulled 405 @8.5 on a friends rogue deadlift bar last week. Sexy ass bar. Might have to buy one myself

Squats
Up to 460 lbs x 1

BB Curls
55 lbs x 25 x 3 sets

Deadlift
Up to 455 lbs x 3 sets

I've got no idea wtf I'm doing with my training or my life @ the moment but I managed to grind out an extra couple of kilos for green so it's all gravy. 440 to 445

Sucks to hear. I'm in physical therapy for my shoulder so looks like two teams will be sucking. Small tear, no surgery yet.

Any chance of setting a starting or from where I'm at now and then where I'm at at the end of this thing?

I've gotten lazy about logging in this thread. I skipped the gym for about two weeks, then only worked up to 405 on pulls for some reps for a couple weeks. The last two weeks have been dy-no-mite though. Pulled the two heaviest triples I have all year.

7/28

Squat
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x3
305x5x5

Deadlift
135x5
225x5
315x3
405x3
435x3
465x3
415x5

A few prowler sprints

8/4

Front Squat
135x5
185x4
225x3
255x2
275x1
295x1

Deadlift
135x5
225x5
315x3
405x3
445x3
475x3

Deficit DL (standing on 35# bumper)
365x6

Chins
BWx50 total

Prowler
+135 x 20 yds x 10

Notes: Another 10 lbs over last week's triple. My lockout is feeling pretty strong for once in my life.

Squats
Up to 430 lbs x 1 (sort of a deload - back wasn't feeling up to it)

Front Squat
365 lbs x 1 x 3 sets

Low bar squat
425x2x2
335x5x3

Deadlift opener

Reverse db lunges

Abs

I'm sure jimmy and some of the regulars have seen this but...

I was in the gym last night. Felt great to get back. I went about a month ago in an attempt to spark the drive. Obviously it did not work. I'm pretty sure this is it. I'm at a new gym so I'm looking forward to making new friends and being able to train with my kids by my side. Here we go!

5/3/1 - Cycle 1, Week 2, Day 2 - Deadlift

Warmup
60k x 5
100kg x 5
120kg x 3

5/3/1
135kg x 3
155kg x 3
175kg x 3 + 4 = 7 reps

Joker Sets
180kg x 3
185kg x 3