Compilation of Fighters' Cage Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, her cage weight 3 days earlier was 170 lbs, which is what I listed in the original post (and what Cyborg herself stated in the article); the fact that she weighed 175 lbs three days after fighting corroborates this.
I question weidmans, that seems post iv ban post usada and his best weight in cage. Is there any other sources besides that one fight for his in cage weight?

Also impressive details man, as others stated, you do have a black belt in google fu.

How is TS getting these numbers?

Some off the numbers are spot on but others are way off. Some are just to clean to be right. Jones doesn't weight no 216. At least 225. He's 230-235 normally.

Jones has never been a big weight cutter and he is bad for getting fat out of camp. He doesn't always weigh 216LB (he said he was 223LB when he fought Rashad i think) but he has a few times

If you want to contribute, include your source for a fighters' cage weight and I'll update the thread accordingly.

Light Heavyweight
Daniel Cormier: 236 lbs
Jon Jones: 216 lbs
Alexander Gustafsson: 220 lbs

Middleweight
Anderson Silva: 202 lbs (or less)
Chris Weidman: 192-193 lbs
Luke Rockhold: 200-201 lbs

Welterweight
Georges St-Pierre: 188 lbs
Tyron Woodley: 190 lbs
Stephen Thompson: 182 lbs
Colby Covington: 182 lbs

Lightweight
Khabib Nurmagomedov: 170 lbs
Conor McGregor: 168 lbs
Eddie Alvarez: 171 lbs
Kevin Lee: 176 lbs
Gleison Tibau: 181 lbs

Featherweight
Jose Aldo: 164 lbs
Brian Ortega: 164 lbs
Chad Mendes: 160 lbs
Frankie Edgar: 155 lbs

Bantamweight
Dominick Cruz: 150 lbs
TJ Dillashaw: 150 lbs
Cody Garbrandt: 146 lbs
Renan Barão: 157 lbs

Flyweight
Demetrious Johnson: 137 lbs
(Formerly) John Dodson: 152.4 lbs

Women's Featherweight
Cris Cyborg: 170 lbs
Holly Holm: 147 lbs

Women's Bantamweight
Ronda Rousey: 140 lbs
Cat Zingano: 151 lbs

Women's Flyweight
Valentina Shevchenko: 135 lbs

Women's Strawweight
Rose Namajunas: 119 lbs
Joanna Jędrzejczyk: 130 lbs or 135 lbs
Cláudia Gadelha: 126 lbs
Jéssica Andrade: 132 lbs
Very interesting and solid post. Thanks TS.

How does tj outweight garbrandt...
His legs are like twice as thick, and Garbrandt has short arms and a thin torso.

A better question is, how does Dodson outweigh TJ.
And I call BS on Dom only weighing 150

Jones has never been a big weight cutter and he is bad for getting fat out of camp. He doesn't always weigh 216LB (he said he was 223LB when he fought Rashad i think) but he has a few times
I saw his picture when he was powerlifting and he weighed 241.

Remember in the OSP fight when Jackson was caught saying that extra muscle hurt his gas tank?

Fighter X saying "I weighed xxxlbs on fight night" is not proof.

People lie.

Unless they are weighed by an independent party all these weights are still in no way official and should not be taken as fact.

Last edited:
Khabib just 170?
I smell bs.
I think him weighing 170 lbs is a recent development; he likely weighed far more than that prior to pulling out of the Ferguson fight after getting hospitalized for cutting too much weight. The question is: am I suppose to use the oldest or most recent documented weight for a fighter? I decided to use the most recent weight I could find on record, and 170 lbs is the most recent weight for Nurmagomedov.

That doesn't even make sense. DC weighed in at 224lbs at HW against Nelson(October 19, 2013) and yet Big John said he weight 236lbs with sweat pants on the night of the fight at LHW.

maxresdefault.jpg

He weighed in at 235lbs against Mir which was 6 months before the Nelson fight ...so he was the same weight basically when he fight Rumble as when he fought Mir and heavier than when he fought Nelson?

hqdefault.jpg
You also have to keep in mind, Cormier self-admittedly has terrible discipline when it comes to his diet, it's easy for weight to fluctuate for Heavyweights, and there's a 4 year difference between Cormier's fight against Nelson and his fight against Johnson (the rematch), so him being older will also affect his weight.

Edit: Case and point, on Embedded Cormier told Holloway that he weighs 247 lbs:
(Timestamped)

Rogan always said Tibau is over 200 in the octagon.
Rogan is a terrible source, he's 99% hyperbole.

You don't think amateur wrestlers cut a lot of weight? Do you believe they're going to stay at 125 when making a transition to MMA? I don't believe so. They compete at 125.6 and that's without getting punched or kicked or choked. Any wrestler at 125 would move up to the next available division.

Do we have a track record of collegiate or international wrestlers from 125 staying at 125 MMA?
I like how you're moving the goal post and restricting the conversation to only wrestlers who competed at 125 lbs, when the original topic was amateur wrestlers in general.

For one thing, Cejudo is currently competing in the Flyweight division, so there's one.
Cormier competed at 211 lbs, which is comparable to Light Heavyweight.
Dan Henderson competed at 82-85 kg in wrestling and spent more than half his MMA career at Middleweight (and in some cases competed in a smaller weight class; Welterweight).
Chael Sonnen competed at 85 kg in wrestling and spent most of his MMA career at Middleweight.
TJ Dillashaw competed at 133 lbs in wrestling and has only ever been at Bantamweight in MMA.

Shall I keep going?

Eddie is almost always 173-175 in the cage. Where did 171 come from?
The source is in the link...

Anderson Silva might have been 202 lbs when fighting in LHW (weighed in at 198 lbs against Cormier out of camp, so that was his walking around weight), but NOT at MW. That’s pretty easy to assume.

Never had trouble making weight, never looked very sucked in at weigh ins like a lot of guys. Many fighters look terrible at weigh ins, clearly sucked dry. They obviously will be gaining more back as well.

Some examples:
Sonnen (MW)
chael-sonnen.jpg

John Hathaway (WW)
John+Hathaway+UFC+114+Weigh+In+tAneKIgnq75l.jpg

Luke Rockhold (MW)
UFC-221-Romero-vs-Rockhold-Official-Weigh-in-Results_649863_OpenGraphImage.jpg
Silva has always weighed over 200 lbs when he's competed at Light Heavyweight; I ignored his weight against Cormier because Silva was coming off surgery having his gallbladder removed. Sonnen has said in one of his YouTube videos that he historically fought at 199-200 lbs.

I question weidmans, that seems post iv ban post usada and his best weight in cage. Is there any other sources besides that one fight for his in cage weight?

Also impressive details man, as others stated, you do have a black belt in google fu.
It's his post IV-ban/USADA weight; posting his weight prior to that seemed irrelevant. I try to post the most recently documented number for fighters.

A better question is, how does Dodson outweigh TJ.
And I call BS on Dom only weighing 150
Dodson is a thick guy:
luta-gratuita-john-dodson-x-TJ-dillashaw_544441_OpenGraphImage.png

32_tuf14weighins1.jpg

Pre-Injury Cruz likely weighed more than 150 lbs; post-injury he looks smaller/softer so 150 lbs could be accurate right now.

In the TUF house JoJo was walking around at 128-130 (for strawweight)

http://www.scottishmmajournal.com/2017/03/30/joanne-calderwood-reveals-booze-battle/

thats pretty similar to her last fight at 115 v calvillo

(shes probably closer to 135-140 now for 125)
By the sound of her Facebook post, that 128-130 lb weight wasn't healthy for her and was when she was living on "bare minimal". I'd rather not add her weight to the list, especially since she's bouncing back and forth between Strawweight and Flyweight at the moment.

Regardless, excellent find!

Last edited:
sorry to burst your bubble TS but 99% of those guys lied.

just because they reveal their weight doesn't mean its true.

dont believe everything you hear and see.

The only person I believe is DC since we get to see him weigh in at HW.

You also have to keep in mind, Cormier self-admittedly has terrible discipline when it comes to his diet, it's easy for weight to fluctuate for Heavyweights, and there's a 4 year difference between Cormier's fight against Nelson and his fight against Johnson (the rematch), so him being older will also affect his weight.

Edit: Case and point, on Embedded Cormier told Holloway that he weighs 247 lbs:
(Timestamped)

It's possible but Im waiting for the weigh ins tomorrow as there is a chance Cormier is bullshitting everyone about his weight. 247 seems crazy, it could be him messing with everyone. There are cases where fighters try and swerve everyone and keep it a mystery.

If he is in fact 247 or anywhere near that then I guess he really is cutting that much weight from LHW which is unheard of especially considering he wasn't that heavy at the end of his HW run.

Rogan always said Tibau is over 200 in the octagon.
no lmao. he never was. He is not as big as MWs. Romero,rockhold and weidman would absolutely dwarf him.

he was 183 max. That's a huge weight for Lw though. many WWs are around 180-190. Goes to show how big tibau really was for the weight class on his special sauce ofcourse.

It's possible but Im waiting for the weigh ins tomorrow as there is a chance Cormier is bullshitting everyone about his weight. 247 seems crazy, it could be him messing with everyone. There are cases where fighters try and swerve everyone and keep it a mystery.

If he is in fact 247 or anywhere near that then I guess he really is cutting that much weight from LHW which is unheard of especially considering he wasn't that heavy at the end of his HW run.
Back in 2008 at the Olympics he was trying to cut roughly 30 lbs.

Back in 2008 at the Olympics he was trying to cut roughly 30 lbs.

Good point. I forgot about that

"August 21, 2008 is a day that will live in infamy with Daniel Cormier from now until the day he passes from this Earth.

It was 24 hours earlier that Cormier was weighing in for his matchup at the 2008 Olympic games in Beijing where he was required to hit the mark of 211.5 pounds (96 kilograms) to compete in his weight division the next day. Cormier got down to the required weight but hours later his kidneys shut down from the trauma endured to cut the extra pounds. The former Oklahoma State wrestler went to a local hospital in Beijing to try and have fluids put back into his body, but nothing was working and his health just deteriorated from there.

Ultimately upon the advice of the doctors, Cormier was pulled from the competition and not allowed to wrestle at the Olympic games. On that fateful Thursday morning while Cormier sat in a hospital room, Cuban Michel Batista walked onto the mat in Beijing and had his hand raised in victory because his opponent wasn’t there."

All of these are off by like 10lbs. No way JJ weighs 216lbs fully hydrated walking into the cage, that would mean he's cutting from probably 210-212lbs & cutting 5-7lbs of water during fight week? Lies!! Weidman weighs 200+lbs on fight night, there was a video with Ariel a few years back when he was cutting weight & i think he was cutting like 15-20lbs & he has said he has cut 35lbs on short notice before. Khabib weighs closerr to 175-180lbs on fight night as well. DJ weighs 140+lbs on fight night, he wakes up at 137lbs during fight week, he puts on 3-5lbs of water weight once he eats & put liquids into his body.

All of these are off by like 10lbs. No way JJ weighs 216lbs fully hydrated walking into the cage, that would mean he's cutting from probably 210-212lbs & cutting 5-7lbs of water during fight week? Lies!! Weidman weighs 200+lbs on fight night, there was a video with Ariel a few years back when he was cutting weight & i think he was cutting like 15-20lbs & he has said he has cut 35lbs on short notice before. Khabib weighs closerr to 175-180lbs on fight night as well. DJ weighs 140+lbs on fight night, he wakes up at 137lbs during fight week, he puts on 3-5lbs of water weight once he eats & put liquids into his body.
If you're going to attempt at correcting the sources, provide some of your own (i.e. links).

If you had taken the time to read through this thread, most of your arguments have already been discussed (ad nauseam):
-Jones weighed 216 lbs five days out from fighting, he's not going to be cutting any water weight that far out from fighting, and with his skinny legs it's easy to believe. Phil Davis, for example, cuts from 217 lbs.
-Weidman cut different amounts of weight pre and post-USADA. I cited his post-USADA cut because that's his most up to date weight. The +30 lbs cut was pre-USADA and for a short notice fight.
-Nurmagomedov cut more weight prior to being hospitalized, but for his last fight he was 170 lbs prior to cutting water weight.
-Johnson has claimed his walk around weight is 141 lbs after having food and beer, but the topic of this thread isn't walk around weight.

In other news:
Added Ovince Saint Preux's weight (220 lbs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back