Compilation of Fighters' Cage Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is TS getting these numbers?

Some off the numbers are spot on but others are way off. Some are just to clean to be right. Jones doesn't weight no 216. At least 225. He's 230-235 normally.

Jon has said time and time again that he cuts less than 15 lbs during fight week.

Jon has said time and time again that he cuts less than 15 lbs during fight week.
How about the other 10-15 pounds he loses during his camp? Are we not counting them? Jones publicly posted his weight of 241 during his suspension.

Then after good not to great performance against OSP Jackson attributed it to his weight/muscle gain.

How about the other 10-15 pounds he loses during his camp?
He loses that weight through dieting, which isn't regained post-weigh in.

Cage weight is what fighters weigh before they start cutting water out of their bodies; weight cuts typically start 1-2 days out from fight night.

Added the top five weight cuts in the original post.

17.97% | John Dodson (Flyweight)
14.70% | Cris Cyborg
14.36% | Gleison Tibau
14.01% | Renan Barão
13.13% | Daniel Cormier

How about the other 10-15 pounds he loses during his camp? Are we not counting them? Jones publicly posted his weight of 241 during his suspension.

Then after good not to great performance against OSP Jackson attributed it to his weight/muscle gain.

He doesn't gain that back by fight night, just the water weight he cut.

Kevin Lee told Chael(?) he usually rehydrates to 179-180 but weighed 183 vs Ferguson.

And people still say DC isn't killing himself to fight smaller guys lmao

124.5 lbs 24 days out

122.4 lbs 12 days out

Awesome finds, I updated the original post accordingly ;).

Kevin Lee told Chael(?) he usually rehydrates to 179-180 but weighed 183 vs Ferguson.
Regarding fighters who've missed weight, I generally try to use their lowest reported weight. And my source, actually sourced the Sonnen podcast and this is an excerpt from the article:

Afterwards, Lee admitted the entire process was among his worst ever and “damn near killed” him, though he didn’t want to get into specifics.

Well, now we know, and it doesn’t sound good. Speaking on Chael Sonnen’s You’re Welcome podcast recently, Lee went into detail about his how what had been a successful weight cut turned bad on the morning of weigh-ins.

“The actual weight cut itself didn’t start off bad. It started off the same as most of my other ones. I normally come into fight week about 176 [pounds] and I’ve got about 20 pounds to cut, this time 21, so I came in at 176.

You were way off. 16.5% weight cut seems usual. Your top cutters cut 14% lol :D

Till weighs 220 on fight night. Or at least it looks that way lol.

You were way off. 16.5% weight cut seems usual. Your top cutters cut 14% lol :D
My percentage and CSAC's percentage are for two different things; their percentage measures how much greater their cage weight is in relation to their weight class; my percentages (in this thread) measures how much weight a fighter is cutting.

For example, John Dodson at Flyweight:
His cage weight was 21.92% above his weight class.
He cut 17.97% of his bodyweight to get down to Flyweight.

Till weighs 220 on fight night. Or at least it looks that way lol.
The difficulty with finding Till's cage weight is that he's missed weight more than once, with at least one of those times being rather high profile, so trying to google search and sift through all those articles makes it a hassle.

Added the following weights:

Brock Lesnar (275 lbs)
Derek Brunson (205 lbs)
Kelvin Gastelum (187 lbs)
Antonio Carlos Jr (194 lbs)
*Darren Till (200 lbs)
Donald Cerrone (174 lbs)

*Made the Top Five Weight Cuts list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back