Computer Question (I've exhausted all other resources)

You've exhausted every resource except an MMA forum? For a computer setup question? I think not ...

To the the best of my ability, haha. I don't know shit about computers. I called my brother, who knows some shit. I googled and clicked through a bunch of threads, and none of the solutions worked for me. Microsoft support was no help.

Didn't know where to go from there.

What will happen if you delete system 32?
First of all, most of the files in there are in use by windows and as a result the OS won't let you do it unless you use a program like KillBox (and even still, it would be tough). However, if you manage to delete the system32 folder, windows will be hosed and you will have to re-install the OS.
Bro stop spreading rumors pls

Bro stop spreading rumors pls

ninja-simple-256.png

To the the best of my ability, haha. I don't know shit about computers. I called my brother, who knows some shit. I googled and clicked through a bunch of threads, and none of the solutions worked for me. Microsoft support was no help.

Didn't know where to go from there.

I'm just breaking your balls. I tried to make the change from Win 7 to the original Win 8. I literally couldn't do shit with it, lol. It was so horrible, I went to the Apple Store. They had 18 month free financing so I got an iMac. Good luck -

Well it's reeeeealy difficult to scroll web pages so he quickly gave up.

Who ISN'T used to a scrollwheel to the point of tedium when having to use other methods, you condescending wiener breathed tranny?

I use the Win 7 x64 on my old gaming rig, but a wireless logitech mouse so YMMV.

Under Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers -> Mouse, I get 5 tabs, one of which is Wheel and has options for Horizontal/Vertical scrolling.

Not sure if that's what you see as well, but if not you may want to try another mouse.

what kind of mouse (model/manufacturer)?

I use the Win 7 x64 on my old gaming rig, but a wireless logitech mouse so YMMV.

Under Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers -> Mouse, I get 5 tabs, one of which is Wheel and has options for Horizontal/Vertical scrolling.

Not sure if that's what you see as well, but if not you may want to try another mouse.

I don't see the wheel tab, that's the problem. I've tried with three different mice and uninstalled/reinstalled the driver.

A cheap dell mouse, a Logitech wireless mouse, and a SteelSeries Sensei mouse.

you've obviously tried other USB ports on the computer, correct?
have you tried MS FixIt for USB issues? sounds like either a USB or mouse driver issue.
have you tried installing the logitech drivers when you tried the logitech mouse?
did you uninstall all mouse driver and utility programs in programs and features?

you've obviously tried other USB ports on the computer, correct?
have you tried MS FixIt for USB issues? sounds like either a USB or mouse driver issue.
have you tried installing the logitech drivers when you tried the logitech mouse?
did you uninstall all mouse driver and utility programs in programs and features?

I only know what about half of this means.

I've tried all USB ports. The mice work for all of them, but changes nothing in the menu setting to give me a "wheel" option. I didn't think to download Logitech drivers, and my roommate just took off, and it was her mouse.

I only know what about half of this means.

I've tried all USB ports. The mice work for all of them, but changes nothing in the menu setting to give me a "wheel" option. I didn't think to download Logitech drivers, and my roommate just took off, and it was her mouse.

post a screenshot of your mouse properties window (same window where you're missing the wheel option).
also, click on the hardware tab of that same window, and post the screenshot of that.

Back