CONAN THE BARBARIAN TV Series in the Works at Amazon

This could work very well.

I've always been of the opinion that the original Howard stories and the Hyborian Age setting let themselves better to a TV series format of storytelling rather than to movies. A TV series would give more time to explore the fact that OG Conan was a cunning tactician, an observant guy and a hell of a lot more articulate than people used to the Schwarzenegger version would believe possible. And he wore armor and pants as often as not.

I had always assumed that the people holding the rights would never give up on trying to make it a film franchise, so the closest I expected to get was a Red Sonja show, but it seems that the age of Netflix and Amazon has changed that.

But please, no more burning his village and killing his parents. Howard's Conan doesn't need a life-long revenge quest for motivation, he just enjoys the lifestyle.

As I said, there was more to Howard's Conan than muscles. And if Game of Thrones has proved anything it is that you can have as many giant breasted women in scanty clothing as you wish as long as the show is good enough.

That's the nice thing about Sword & Sorcery, you can do it right on a significantly smaller budget than High Fantasy.
So many of those original stories will be great for TV adaptation. They aren’t long, so they wouldn’t work for movies, but man, Red Nails is gonna be amazing.

Give me the violence and T&A of Spartacus with a production value of Game of Thrones and some good, relatively faithful adaptations of Howard’s original short stories and we could have a real classic on our hands here.

No Amazon, do Tick - stay with Tick

Put all your stock into Tick and give us some more episodes faster already!!

Amazon has honrstly stepped their game up in a major way lately in terms of their originals. High quality stuff for the most part and if it isn't it only last like a season. They're putting damn near 500 mill to produce lotr and have an offer of like 1 billion for a show based on some chinese novel or something. They're going big and it wouldn't surprise me if this was good and it wouldn't surprise me if they outdo Netflix shortly. If nothing else this can't be worse than the shannara chronicles. I suffered through that crap for like 10 episodes just cuz i was starved for some GOT, LOTR type fantasy.

I hope they make him gay and black to trigger the altright snowflakes.

I hope they make him gay and black to trigger the altright snowflakes.

I just wana see him punch out horses without it being cheesy. Like the mountain from game of thrones was a beast like 300-400 pound guy but it didn't feel cheesy.

I just wana see him punch out horses without it being cheesy. Like the mountain from game of thrones was a beast like 300-400 pound guy but it didn't feel cheesy.

4hunfn.gif

Would be cool if they could capture the cinematography of the arnold films and a basil poledouris-esque soundtrack. On the other hand I can see them wanting to be their own thing and less related to the films and more related to Howard's stories.

It's gotta be epic in some way or its gonna be a flop. It can't be like the momoa movie just in series form.

Wonder how much this is gonna be updated for the current generation. Howards depiction of a muscle bound Conan treading through a world of half dressed giant breasted women in scanty clothing probably isnt gonna work as a direct adaptation.
Like fucking hell it can't

what's funny is him laughing and being drunk was like 1/10th of Arnolds dialogue during the movie.
His what is good in life answer were his only bits of dialogue for nearly the first 25 minutes. In which time he kills a bunch of dudes, bangs some whores and throws a witch into a fire.

Back