CONAN THE BARBARIAN TV Series in the Works at Amazon

The only Conan I officially recognize is Arnold.

I've only ever seen 1 thing from Amazon - The Man in the High Castle (which is really good and you should watch it), and the production quality is very high.

If Conan can get the same quality it will be promising.

Hey is this picture from Amazon series The Man in the High Castle ? does anyone know ?

871188_panasonic_tx_32es400e_32.jpg

Hopefully it's a hard r.

The only Conan I officially recognize is Arnold.

I liked Arnold's Conan and he's in my top10 eva movies as part of my childhood

But still, Frank Frazetta's Conan is the perfect standard they should aim at

Frank-Frazetta5.jpg

frankfrazetta-conan-the-avenger-196.jpg

frank_frazetta_manape.jpg

latest

Nah
calum von moger
von-moger-steroids-3-678x346.png

Since I’m hoping for a series that sticks closer to the REH stories, they should steer clear of bodybuilders.

Yes, they need someone over 190 cm and built like a brick shithouse, but they also need someone who is fast.

One of the most consistent elements in the REH stories is that one of the main things that gives Conan an edge is that on top of being massive he is also blindingly fast. Arnold may have been many things back in his Conan days, but fast was not one of them.

spartacus_rotator.gif

Manu Bennett would be a good choice, he looks the part and he can act. The only con is that he is getting old

Since I’m hoping for a series that sticks closer to the REH stories, they should steer clear of bodybuilders.

Yes, they need someone over 190 cm and built like a brick shithouse, but they also need someone who is fast.

One of the most consistent elements in the REH stories is that one of the main things that gives Conan an edge is that on top of being massive he is also blindingly fast. Arnold may have been many things back in his Conan days, but fast was not one of them.

I agree. We are all MMA fans here, right? Haven't we learned body builders are not very good fighters by now?

It's been years since I read them, but I seem to remember Conan regularly being compared to the large cats (panther etc). So really Conan should be built more like an NFL cornerback than a bodybuilder.

I think Momoa now fits the bill physically. He's pretty big and can move like a predator. What Arnold had was a sort of primitive vibe because of the tooth gap and crap accent. Much better fit for a barbarian than the smooth almost soulful voice of JM. This is Conan, and it's tough to beat the vibe:

Arnold was a savage and you can't fake that.

Id rather see Kull the conqueror. Which I believe is set in same universe. And isnt this property owned by DC or Marvel?

spartacus_rotator.gif

Manu Bennett would be a good choice, he looks the part and he can act. The only con is that he is getting old

No thanks. He was good in spartacus but he's not a lead imo. Also he was horrible in shannara chronicles which overall wasnt his fault it was a shit show with shit script and shit fellow actors but still i dont want him as conan.

Back