Congressman: Rising sea level caused by more dirt on ocean floor

watch out bros. when guam tilts and falls over, the sea level will increase a few feet
The major difference between this unsubtle deflection and the subject of the thread is that the Guam idiot would fund the science and push the policies that address the problems, based on what the not-idiots recommend, while the Dipshit of Dover would deny the science, the funding, and the policies. So while lots of people including elected reps are dumb as posts about the natural world (and they should all be ashamed of that), that is not the point of comparison that matters in the end.

These republicans exhibiting the level of science knowledge that is possessed by the lowest common denominator. A true representation of their constituents.

Other full retard republican quotes :
"If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.” Todd Akin

"Carbon dioxide is not a harmful gas; it is a harmless gas " Michelle Bachmann
If I took a shit in your toilet, the water level would rise. Spew all the bs you want, but you aren’t changing the laws of physics.

If you want to combat global warming, keep your people from ingesting so much gas inducing fried foods & polluting our atmosphere with methane. You’re part of the problem. Don’t be hypocrite

Maybe but we are talking about this anti scientific newb. Why is it always but but but... Focus on the topic at hand and if Maxine Waters says something this stupid you have the ability to make a thread

I'm not interested in bashing her each and every time she says something stupid . . . others can do that all they want.

As I said earlier . . . I'm fed up with you guys acting like one side is significantly dumber than the other . . .

I'm not interested in bashing her each and every time she says something stupid . . . others can do that all they want.

As I said earlier . . . I'm fed up with you guys acting like one side is significantly dumber than the other . . .

As far as anti-science goes I find left wing extremists are critical of biological and social sciences which they perceive to be associated with scientific racism and sexism. Right wing extremists tend to be critical of sciences which don't conform to their religious beliefs like the modern synthesis and cosmology. They also tend to balk at environmental issues which could effect themselves economically like climate change and the energy crisis. Both extremes are prone to conspiracy theories to explain why scientists believe what they believe in an attempt to undermine theories they don't agree with.

giphy.gif

Two possibilities here, one the guy really is that stupid, or he is playing dumb because he thinks it will help him with his moron Republican voters. Both are disturbing.

Thats close minded of you.

Could easily be both

You commoners don't have the brains it takes to run a government. Obviously we only allow the smartest people to run for office.

Speaking of dirtying up the ocean floor, we've officially planted our plastic flag on the bottom of the world:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/05/plastic-bag-mariana-trench-pollution-science-spd/

A recent study revealed that a plastic bag, like the kind given away at grocery stores, is now the deepest known piece of plastic trash, found at a depth of 36,000 feet inside the Mariana Trench. Scientists found it by looking through the Deep-Sea Debris Database, a collection of photos and videos taken from 5,010 dives over the past 30 years that was recently made public.

While the Mariana Trench may seem like a dark, lifeless pit, it hosts more life than you might think. NOAA's Okeanos Explorer vessel searched the region's depths in 2016 and found diverse life-forms, including species like coral, jellyfish, and octopus. The recent study also found that 17 percent of the images of plastic logged in the database showed interactions of some kind with marine life, like animals becoming entangled in the debris.

Last February, a separate study showed that the Mariana Trench has higher levels of overall pollution in certain regions than some of the most polluted rivers in China. The study's authors theorized that the chemical pollutants in the trench may have come in part from the breakdown of plastic in the water column.

I'm surprised he didn't suggest we drill a hole in the bottom of the ocean to lower the sea level.

Look . . . someone making a stupid comment is still making said comment . . . doesn't matter if there is evidence to the contrary or not.

Why is this an issue for you? I'm not defending the stupidity . . . I'm just fed up with folks acting like one side has the market cornered on smarts (or lack thereof).
But in the case of denying the science related to climate change one side has cornered the market.

Dont forget that mass of nets and shit. Thats gotta be displacing just as much

But in the case of denying the science related to climate change one side has cornered the market.

Fair enough . . . does mean "the other side" isn't populated with idiots either . . . that's all I'm saying.

Fair enough . . . does mean "the other side" isn't populated with idiots either . . . that's all I'm saying.
That's fair but tbh I'm not a huge fan of whataboutisms. I try not to engage in them myself when someone points out some stupid shit on the left because all it does it get us to jump into our usual trenches and that's not helpful.

Two possibilities here, one the guy really is that stupid, or he is playing dumb because he thinks it will help him with his moron Republican voters. Both are disturbing.
im going with the first one, the second is a given

Who knows he could be right, maybe it isn't climate change, maybe people are just kicking more rocks into the ocean?? LOL

Everything washes into the ocean.

Oils on roads, fertilizers on grasses and natural debris.

That is why after a heavy rain , many beaches are closed for a few days.

Dredging is a constant battle in ponds and oceans across the world.

Nothing is a 100% cause, but it contributes.

Back