Congressman to UFC, Bellator: "Move to a real league system"

quantiqus

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"Mullin: Okay, so what criteria does the MMA use for the ranking system? The UFC specifically?

Ratner: The UFC, there's a group of sports writers. I'm not sure how many and they are the ones -

Mullin: Do they serve at will of the UFC?

Ratner: They serve? No, they're independent.

Mullin: They serve at will. The UFC reserves the right to remove anybody off that [ranking] commission that they choose."

"Ratner: Last Saturday night we had three world titles.

Mullin: World titles? So when [UFC Chief Operating Officer] Lawrence Epstein came and talked to me and he said they don’t look at the title as being a title but as an award bestowed upon the best fighter that night, would you agree with that statement?

Ratner: I do. Just going back to Saturday night -

Mullin: Then it’s not really a world title.

Ratner: It’s a world title as far as we’re concerned.

Mullin: Not if you’re considering it an award bestowed upon the best fighter. It can’t be. When you have the last three fights for the 185-pound, as I said in my opening statement. When Luke fought Bisping, Bisping was ranked number 4. The number 3, the number 2, and the number 1 contender, did they refuse the fight, like in the boxing world they do?

Ratner: In the boxing world what you have there is step aside and there’s all kind of games -

Mullin: Okay, but did they? Did the number 3, 2, and number 1 contender have an opportunity to fight or did it go straight to Bisping?

Ratner: I am going to make it clear again that I am not part of that -

Mullin: But you said in the opening statement and you said the fighters and the MMA and boxers are treated the same"

Reaction:
<{anton}>

Source:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11/17/16668308/ufc-bellator-mma-ali-act-markwayne-mullin

Video:

Congressman KO'd the UFC and their goofy ranking system. Meritocracy based or you aren't a true sport

UFC & MMA representatives should just stop swimming against the tide and accept MMA for what it is, nothing more than an entertainment

Its ridiculous to even try to argue against claims for rankings being illegitimate

UFC is about entertainment, if you want to watch a real sport with legit A-level athletes go watch football(soccer for americans). We can only dream to have an athlete of Cristiano Ronaldo's caliber in MMA lol

Weird seeing a Republican push so hard for a bunch of regulations and government control.

The government should go mind it's own fucking business.

UFC is about entertainment, if you want to watch a real sport with legit A-level athletes go watch football(soccer for americans). We can only dream to have an athlete of Cristiano Ronaldo's caliber in MMA lol
LOL at loser soccer sissies being A-level anything.

An objective ranking system would add legitimacy, but they’ll never go for that.

World title = not a world title if it's something bestowed upon the best fighter. Yea....that made sense

LOL at loser soccer sissies being A-level anything.
I see why you are mad

cf73a692-5cbe-4e81-bd00-c7efeb6bf28c.png

Weird seeing a Republican push so hard for a bunch of regulations and government control.

They also want regulations for other things: who has the right to smoke a plant, for example.

Legit A-level athletes and the referees who help them

GreenWatchfulCollardlizard.gif

This is combat sports, real league systems don't exist in combat sports, what the hell are these clowns talking about. UFC aren't doing anything wrong, its the exact same in professional boxing, kickboxing, muay thai etc etc. You can't do league systems, this is not a team LMAO.

A-level athletes is subjective
Ronaldo would prob gas in 1 min of grappling

Rinaldo is a great soccer player...that doesn't mean he'd be a great fighter...some of the greatest fighters of all time...probably weren't the best all around athletes...you can be a great athlete, but be sucky fighter...

You think rocky marciano was a great athlete..how about jake lamotta...or george foreman...they weren't..but they will destroy any of these lebron james wussies...guaranteed....

This is combat sports, real league systems don't exist in combat sports, what the hell are these clowns talking about. UFC aren't doing anything wrong, its the exact same in professional boxing, kickboxing, muay thai etc etc. You can't do league systems, this is not a team LMAO.

You can do real rankings based on:
- number of fights per years;
- wins / losses ratio;
- type of win (decision vs finishing);
- type of loss;
- opponent caliber;
- etc

Congressman KO'd the UFC and their goofy ranking system. Meritocracy based or you aren't a true sport
Good post, must be why your 50-0 :).

Back