Congressman to UFC, Bellator: "Move to a real league system"

So now the UFC bashers want the UFC to be more like boxing?

While I get what they’re saying, the people that had belts all got those belts by beating world champions. This guy pretty much said that all three of those titles that night, weren’t actual world titles. I’d like him to go up to tj or rose, or even gsp and tell them that they’re not world champions. Ya Bisping is a bitch but he ktfo rockhold to get that belt.

Not to mention Bisping didn't even bypass the other contenders.. he filled in on short notice.

Message to congress:
You got real shit to worry about. Immigration reform, tax reform, the natiomal debt, international trade deals, internal scandals, etc. What the fuck are you doing concerning yourself with a combat sports org and their match making. smh

I agree the Government should not be involved. I also agree that they should move to a league system. There is no future in straddling this promoter model.

... the people that had belts all got those belts by beating world champions.

But by his logic, the people that lost those belts, didn't beat world champions to get the belts that they just lost because of how the system (or lack of) works.

why is congress involved in the ufc matchmaking?
and also people complain way too much about undeserved title shots, in recent memory the only bullshit title fights i can think of are dan henderson vs bisping and sonnen vs jones,

You may think you want a legit ranking system but you really don't, it will get in the way of the fights we want more than give us the fights we want.

I'd rather they get rid of all the belts than have a "real" ranking system.

Ronaldo doesn't hold a candle to the ahletes who play in the NBA and NFL. He isn't really that impressive of a specimen. There are guys who are 6 8 250 that move faster and are more explosive than him by a mile.

I agree MMA doesn't have the best athletes, but Ronaldo isn't a good example of the best of the best.

Those mindless NFL oversized oafs would be huffing and puffing within 3 minutes of a real football match,would faint within five.A football match has a lot more constant activity with no long breaks like the dumb NFL guys are used to.
Not to forget they lack intelligence and mentality for real football.It isn't run and ram into others like the NLF brutes do,you require proper tactical approach in real football.

The Bisping vs Rockhold for world title example isn't a good one. Weidman was hurt I think less than 2 weeks out from the fight, Bisping took the fight on short notice to save the card.

Bisping's two title defenses are far more damning, especially when he fought the #13th ranked fighter (really #14 because it's 13 after champion).

But by his logic, the people that lost those belts, didn't beat world champions to get the belts that they just lost because of how the system (or lack of) works.
How didn’t they? Cody beat Cruz for the belt. Joanna beat Carla, and Bisping beat rockhold. I’m not agreeing with the way the ufc has done things, I’m just saying this guy saying none of the three fighters that won that night are world champions is bullshit.

Yeah, the UFC got slapped around in this. Not a good look for them.

Ronaldo doesn't hold a candle to the ahletes who play in the NBA and NFL. He isn't really that impressive of a specimen. There are guys who are 6 8 250 that move faster and are more explosive than him by a mile.

I agree MMA doesn't have the best athletes, but Ronaldo isn't a good example of the best of the best.
Lmao @ NFL. Didnt Brock Lesnar play there just because he was big and strong ? In football it would NEVER happen. It takes real talent ... there is no one in the NFL with the amount of skill that Messi has.

Those mindless NFL oversized oafs would be huffing and puffing within 3 minutes of a real football match,would faint within five.A football match has a lot more constant activity with no long breaks like the dumb NFL guys are used to.
Not to forget they lack intelligence and mentality for real football.It isn't run and ram into others like the NLF brutes do,you require proper tactical approach in real football.
There's tactics in football as well probably more so, see: Peyton Manning. In football they're not constantly sprinting full blast, in football they are + the linemen are essentially grappling with each other every down. You aren't an uber intellectual because you grew up in a country where they preferred soccer to American football. You're just an ignorant ass.

If you want to watch a pure sport which is all about competition determining who is the best in the world - watch table tennis.

Actually, forget any reasons. Just go watch table tennis.

I'm more of a fan of defensive choppers myself.

Man, the longer I watch the rawer Mullin gets on them. Wow.

Lmao @ NFL. Didnt Brock Lesnar play there just because he was big and strong ? In football it would NEVER happen. It takes real talent ... there is no one in the NFL with the amount of skill that Messi has.
There are different types of positions. Brock Lesnar wouldn't be able to play quarterback for instance just because he's "big and strong," and he didn't make it in the league either. Stephen Neal is a better example, was a better college wrestler than Brock and played as an offensive lineman for the Patriots and had a solid career.

That congressman must really like commercials.

The way they regulate boxing has crippled the sport. Here they come to fuck up MMA.

Kiss goodbye to the fans. Morons.

Back