Connor would not beat a world class boxer in above the waist KB

What a weird stoppage. Your topic is weird too.

Weird:

Old English wyrd ‘destiny’, of Germanic origin. The adjective (late Middle English) originally meant ‘having the power to control destiny’, and was used especially in the Weird Sisters, originally referring to the Fates, later the witches in Shakespeare's Macbeth ; the latter use gave rise to the sense ‘unearthly’ (early 19th century).

Roman got his ass whopped by Hassran. The judge wanted him to win though and stopped the fight.

Roman got his ass whopped by Hassran. The judge wanted him to win though and stopped the fight.
Without commenting on anything else in this thread, yeah Ramon was losing that fight, right up until the end. Early stoppage

Without commenting on anything else in this thread, yeah Ramon was losing that fight, right up until the end. Early stoppage

Against a TKD guy who would be annihilated by Koreans. That's how bad TaeKwondoDo is. Man, it sucks. Worst martial art ever! How could they not want to fight Thais in lumpine stadium!! That's everybodies dream.. like becoming an astronaut.

Both reach my cock height wise. I'm sure midgets beat my ass.

Classic "i know a little martial arts and therefore i can beat anyone" delusion. Sit back or you will get in deep trouble sometime, just an advice.

I'm red stripe in Connors kicking style - ITF TKD (3 and a half years of training). Spotting a beginner is fairly easy. Tell me how a beginner at kicking beats a boxer in american rules kickboxing?? Even a good kicker can be beaten and he's not even good.

You're a red belt because you don't clean your cooch mate, don't kid yourself.

Classic "i know a little martial arts and therefore i can beat anyone" delusion. Sit back or you will get in deep trouble sometime, just an advice.

• Not everyone. But I do beat people 13 centimeters ( 5.11811024 inches) shorter than me and with arm lenghts of small boys. I have a reach of 192 cm. What is Rogans reach?

Last edited:
Been training kickboxing longer than you have trained tae kwon do, we are talking about kickboxing and i think it is bullshit to call Conor a beginner at kicking.

Again.. calling Conor a beginner at kicking is just bullshit.
You know he's a beginner at kicking when he injured himself kicking Diaz. He was walking on crutches after and it wasn't because of Diaz checking the kicks, but because he threw them with bad technique.

Have you seen those boxers kick? Some badasses I tell ya.

You know he's a beginner at kicking when he injured himself kicking Diaz. He was walking on crutches after and it wasn't because of Diaz checking the kicks, but because he threw them with bad technique.

Could be. He's a taekwondo stylist though. Maybe his feet weren't conditioned enough in advance.

You guys really debate whether or not Conor is a "novice" at kicking? Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. You can call it whatever you wanna call it. The facts won't change, and they are: He has zero professional kickboxing/boxing experience and his punches and kicks are effective in MMA, against other guys that are also not kickboxing/boxing pros.

Now, this will mean different things for different people. For some, beating non-boxing/kickboxing pros means he's at the level of world class pros. For others, it means he looks great because he's beating guys that aren't that high level striking wise. Regardless, the facts don't change.

You guys really debate whether or not Conor is a "novice" at kicking? Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. You can call it whatever you wanna call it. The facts won't change, and they are: He has zero professional kickboxing/boxing experience and his punches and kicks are effective in MMA, against other guys that are also not kickboxing/boxing pros.

Now, this will mean different things for different people. For some, beating non-boxing/kickboxing pros means he's at the level of world class pros. For others, it means he looks great because he's beating guys that aren't that high level striking wise. Regardless, the facts don't change.

Denis Siver was a champion in WAKO kickboxing, outlet for black belt TKD fighters. I think Connor would beat plenty of kickboxer by his hands alone, but not a world champ boxer.

Denis Siver was a champion in WAKO kickboxing, outlet for black belt TKD fighters. I think Connor would beat plenty of kickboxer by his hands alone, but not a world champ boxer.

He was an amateur kickboxer, many, many years ago.

People are gettin more blind every day.

You dont need to train 20 years to be a great fighter. You need that fighting IQ, Heart, Agression.

Lets say I'm a bad kicker but i box great. And my oponnent is even a better boxer then me. Hmm? Maybe learn some kicks? I learn good low kicks and timing for them for last 2 months. And I use them. Its good healthy fighting IQ not some 40 years of low kick practice. Of course Conor kicks are not good, but he uses them very well and this is most important thing.
Quality post. That is also why MMA is awesome. You don't need to be world class at any one thing, you just need to be better than your opponent at one thing and be able to defend against or offset your opponents strengths. GSPs wrestling comes to mind.

His kicking for MMA/Kick Boxing is very good...I have a BB in TKD...he is a novice in a TKD match but that is not relevant!

What are guys like Rogan on? Conors is a novice at kicking as anyone with any experience in TaeKwonDo (his trained style for kicking) knows. So how he would beat the shit out of Floyd or any world class boxer in american kickboxing rules?!

Conor is a beginner-level at kicking and no low kicks?? Conor is going down in flames with his bent legs.
BS one teep to the solar plexus and any world class boxer would shit themselves....a kick from a good kick boxer is 3 times harder than any punch they're used to. Period.

BS one teep to the solar plexus and any world class boxer would shit themselves....a kick from a good kick boxer is 3 times harder than any punch they're used to. Period.

You can't penetrate those boxing gloves One meaningless,blocked kick and you get 4 punches back in your boxing virginal face.

His kicking for MMA/Kick Boxing is very good...I have a BB in TKD...he is a novice in a TKD match but that is not relevant!

That's irrelevant because MMA guys have weak hands, so he doesn't need to rely on his kicks.

You can't penetrate those boxing gloves One meaningless,blocked kick and you get 4 punches back in your boxing virginal face.
You kick between the elbows of his guard. Muay Thai uses 8-10oz gloves and guys get kicked and knocked out all the time. You can get knocked out by a guy hitting your guard hard enough that you get hit by your own arm...fighting 101

You kick between the elbows of his guard. Muay Thai uses 8-10oz gloves and guys get kicked and knocked out all the time. You can get knocked out by a guy hitting your guard hard enough that you get hit by your own arm...fighting 101

Because it's with low kicks, clinch, and weaker punchers.

Back