Conor’s Ground Game: No trolls allowed

FireKidWS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Alright I know 9/10 of the Conor threads are trolls trying to get a reaction.

I was talking to friend today (non mma fan) about Conor’s ground game.

He asked me “does Conor have a bad ground game?”

I had to take a breath before I answered.

I see so many trolls on here intentionally talking shit about McGregor or saying he’s the GOAT but I want honest feedback (with examples)

Would you say Conor’s ground game is above average for a current ufc fighter?

How about his take down defense?

I’m actually curious cause I know, despite thevtrolls, a few guys om here actually know about mma.

I’d rate his ground game 9 bottles of Proper 12 out of 10.

I think it's underrated but I'm not sure what he can do off his back against a guy like Khabib.

I would say that anybody who can sweep a fresh Diaz brother has an amazing bottom game

Havent seen enough to know tbh. At this point i assume his TDD is serviceable. Khabib will be a good gauge.

Alright.

Maybe it’s impossible to learn anything on Sherdog anymore.

Well considering Alverez had no issue wrestle fucking black belt pettis who subbed olivera and bendo, couldn't even keep Conor against the cage. It might not be top level but his tdd is underrated.

Ncaa all american mendes went 58% vs Conor also.

Khabib is much bigger and has shown his wrestling is tested vs LWs also plays a factor

We will see soon enough. It can go the eddie route where khabib is tagged so quick he doesnt know what hit him or can end up Conor getting low singled and worn out real quick.

Good ole toss up fight.

Edit: we gotta factor in drunkard Conor whiskey salesman having an effect also. He might not even be in top form for this fight. Khabib is thee wrong guy to be drinking two weeks prefight against.

It's not as bad as some folks make it out to be, and I would assume it's a great deal better now, as he's been grappling non-stop since the floyd fight.

Can he hang with Khabib on the ground? I have serious reservations thinking that is possible, but I have certainly been proven 100% completely wrong in the past.

All I know is I can't wait for this showdown in the cage. These are two guys with legit beef who are very talented within their given strengths.

It was my birthday today.. I got a shirt, some pants, and a piece of ass.. All three were about two sizes too big

He looked like he was a virgin on prom night from the bottom in the Chad fight. He did ok vs Diaz. It's hard to say.

From the body of evidence we have I think it's safe the say Conor has at least an above average ground game by UFC fighter standards.

Potentially he has a very good ground game, but it's difficult to confirm that without more evidence.

bayliss-nate-diaz.jpg

Back