Conor defending Rickson Danis takedowns

Nobody is going to stuff Khabib by training six months. Everybody else knew what was going to happened in the last five years and nobody stopped it. Honestly, the only way Conor doesn't end-up on his back won't be his TDD, but by inflicting as much damage as possible in the first two minutes of the fight.

All I see is Conor looks horrible at grappling aspect of the game

Dillon's fighting like a pussy. He needs to be pressing Conor harder. Hate it when fighters are coddled.

Dude it's clear as day that the TD isn't the point, he's not trying to get it and they are working on scrambling and positioning. If he got into that position, fully clasped his hands together, pulled Conor's knee to his own chest and got up to his feet, do you really think Conor would defend it? No, Conor's going down. Can he get back up immediately? Maybe, but he's getting taken down for sure.

Danis clearly isn't even trying that hard. Notice how he gives up and initiates the clinch break himself instead of chaining another attempt. In a real fight Conor has to be the one to break the clinch and circle out.

Some folks are awful mma fans. Bjj isn’t wrestling and most bjj folks have really crappy takedowns

I think the guy performing the "takedowns" is doing McG a disservice by not trying to drive through, rather just trying to hang on to the leg.

Im an MMA analyst by profession and this is hands down some of the best TDD I have witnessed.

He's drilling the movement which is good. It's practice in anticipation for one of Khabib main takedowns. Conor might even be able escape one or two early on however Khabib is a relentless grappler. The dude rolls with DC and Lukehold on the ground. Those guys are huge and very good on the ground.

He's going to be tossing Conor around like a sack of potatoes if Conor doesn't establish complete control early on.

"All he has to do..." It's good to know you think so little of Aldo, Alverez, Diaz, Mendes, Poirier, and Holloway.

Khabib may very well kick Mcgregors ass as Khabib is scary... mother fucker wrestles bears. But its silly to undersell Mcgregors skills when he's the highest ranked and most accomplished fighter that Khabib has faced at this point in his career. If Khabib is going to be the 'Mayweather of MMA' he needs to face the competition to prove it.

Neither of those guys are wrestlers except for Mendes dummy, and that's exactly what Mendes did.

He just ducked under McGregor's punches and took him down at will. Until he got tired.

McGregor's grappling skills are shit.

To be fair Khabib couldn't even finish Al Iaquinta... Khabib actually gives up going for TDs if they get stuffed a few times as seen from his previous fight

Al Iaquinta isn't a great striker, but someone with good striking skills and able to stop 5 TDs in a row against Khabib will easily beat him.

McGregor can keep ppaying touch butts, but as long as he trains his TDD he will win easily.

Neither of those guys are wrestlers except for Mendes dummy, and that's exactly what Mendes did.

He just ducked under McGregor's punches and took him down at will. Until he got tired.

McGregor's grappling skills are shit.

1. Its silly to disparage someone elses intelligence if you don't know when to use the words "neither" or "none". I'll help you out here: "neither" doesn't work because I referenced more then two names.

2. While Mendes maybe a wrestler all of the other fighters I mentioned are more then capable of "dodging one punch" and going for a takedown. Aldo for one has a very underrated takedown game that many expected him to utilize for his bout against McGregor.

3. How did that work out for Mendes again? From memory he got hit quite a few times and got finished in the 2nd round after Mcgregor got out from under him. Short notice or not Mendes is no scrub on the ground and Mcgregor got back to his feet several times.

1. Its silly to disparage someone elses intelligence if you don't know when to use the words "neither" or "none". I'll help you out here: "neither" doesn't work because I referenced more then two names.

2. While Mendes maybe a wrestler all of the other fighters I mentioned are more then capable of "dodging one punch" and going for a takedown. Aldo for one has a very underrated takedown game that many expected him to utilize for his bout against McGregor.

3. How did that work out for Mendes again? From memory he got hit quite a few times and got finished in the 2nd round after Mcgregor got out from under him. Short notice or not Mendes is no scrub on the ground and Mcgregor got back to his feet several times.

Mendes got tired and lost.

McGregor didn't get up from underneath shit, Chad let him up by botching a submission attempt.

It was a slick escape, but if you think he's getting out from underneath Khabib lol............... Good luck.

If the fight goes to the ground, Khabib will finish it in 3 minutes. I am extremely confident lol.

McGregor's not gonna eat that ground and pound, he'll either tap to strikes or just give up his neck.

Danis has terrible takedowns, he's great on the ground but getting people there is not something he is even remotely good at.

Use Mendes or Alvarez as a measuring stick for Conor takedown defense.

Mendes got tired and lost.

McGregor didn't get up from underneath shit, Chad let him up by botching a submission attempt.

It was a slick escape, but if you think he's getting out from underneath Khabib lol............... Good luck.

If the fight goes to the ground, Khabib will finish it in 3 minutes. I am extremely confident lol.

McGregor's not gonna eat that ground and pound, he'll either tap to strikes or just give up his neck.

If the escape was "slick" then Conor is probably not trash on the ground. Thats what the kids these days call hyperbole.

And I'm glad you feel confident in your pick but if you really want to support Khabib maybe dont act like his theoretical domination of McGregor will be 'easy' or 'simple'. It degrades an accomplishment his resume very much needs.

If the escape was "slick" then Conor is probably not trash on the ground. Thats what the kids these days call hyperbole.

And I'm glad you feel confident in your pick but if you really want to support Khabib maybe dont act like his theoretical domination of McGregor will be 'easy' or 'simple'. It degrades an accomplishment his resume very much needs.

Khabib says its easy himself.

He says its the #1 easiest fight at LW for him.

Pulling off 1 slick submission escape when your opponent is tired, doesn't mean you can do anything to Khabib.

McGregor may not be "garbage" on the ground, he is a UFC fighter after all, but he might as well be when he's fighting Khabib. Khabib has made much better grapplers than McGregor look like garbage.

Back