Conor is not universally loved by the Irish

Ill break it down now in a way that actually is accurate. Young people who have spent the majority of their lives on internet forums acting in a way that is degenerate, immature, self centered and ignorant love him (they are convinced how they act on the internet doesn't effect who they really are). People that have actually built quality lives and deep satisfying loving connections with friends and family hate him because they know that all of that bravado is bullshit empty talk and really goes nowhere in terms of what makes for a quality life.

Young people will use the money and fame that Conor has made as proof that acting like he is some kind of God is a good thing--- totally and unknowingly proving the point of the older people.....

Oh and Fedor.

Do you think Conor would be where he is now without the trash talk and the media personality? No, he would be just like every other ufc fighter struggling to make money.

He knows this career is short, and not likely to set up retired fighters for life.

He is a very intelligent fighter, and done what he set out to do.

Yes, you get haters who actually believe that the Conor in front of the camera is the same Conor without the camera, which is false because he is not like that. Read what other fighters have said about Conor and what he is like when a camera is not on him.

Most hate for Conor is simply just jealousy, hence the reason why haters are more obsessed with him than the lovers are.

Do you think Conor would be where he is now without the trash talk and the media personality? No, he would be just like every other ufc fighter struggling to make money.

He knows this career is short, and not likely to set up retired fighters for life.

He is a very intelligent fighter, and done what he set out to do.

Yes, you get haters who actually believe that the Conor in front of the camera is the same Conor without the camera, which is false because he is not like that. Read what other fighters have said about Conor and what he is like when a camera is not on him.

Most hate for Conor is simply just jealousy, hence the reason why haters are more obsessed with him than the lovers are.

All you did is make my point exactly how I said you would. Money doesn't make everything OK and it doesn't make anyone happy either. Money is not proof of anything good.

It doesn't matter what he is like not on camera. Its not even about Connor per say as he's just another guy from the entertainment industry who is mislead and misleading. Its about principles that build a quality life and about entertainment that doesn't degrade souls. None of the bullshit is needed.

I am not remotely jealous of Connor or anyone. I say these things so that some kid reading can hear that there is another way to build a quality life and succeed without becoming a prick or acting like one.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do not know that money does not make anyone happy, because you do not know everyone. Floyd does exactly the same thing bragging about money. He is even worse than Conor.

Mix martial arts is a tough business, and dangerous business, just like boxing. Look at Gerald McClellan, who's family have to ask for money now to look after him.

If I was a fighter, I would do exactly the same thing as Conor 100%

Conor's persona is a loudmouth gutter-english spewing douche.

Of course any Irishman with a brain is embarrassed that this represents them.

Conor's persona is a loudmouth gutter-english spewing douche.

Of course any Irishman with a brain is embarrassed that this represents them.

And you are a fool if you believe Conor is like that in real life!

And you are a fool if you believe Conor is like that in real life!

I don't think Conor is like that at all in real life. In fact I know, based on his philanthropy and the causes he supports, that he is a left-leaning progressive who supports LGBTQ rights and the rights of the poor.

Thats the point. He puts on the persona of some thick tongued Irish pub-slug cliche and it rubs many of his countrymen the wrong way.

You do not know that money does not make anyone happy, because you do not know everyone. Floyd does exactly the same thing bragging about money. He is even worse than Conor.

Mix martial arts is a tough business, and dangerous business, just like boxing. Look at Gerald McClellan, who's family have to ask for money now to look after him.

If I was a fighter, I would do exactly the same thing as Conor 100%

There are plenty of studies showing that money doesn't make you happy. Around 75000 a year and you're as happy as money will ever make you.

After that its all about diminishing returns. If you have to degrade yourself or those around you making more you are harming yourself and others for a lie.

I don't think Conor is like that at all in real life. In fact I know, based on his philanthropy and the causes he supports, that he is a left-leaning progressive who supports LGBTQ rights and the rights of the poor.

Thats the point. He puts on the persona of some thick tongued Irish pub-slug cliche and it rubs many of his countrymen the wrong way.

If he did not, do you believe he would be as successful? Do you think he could have done what he has done?

Even the most popular ufc fighters have struggled getting decent money. A fighters career is short, and Conor knows that, hence why he is the only ufc fighter to do what he is doing.

Hats off to him.

There are plenty of studies showing that money doesn't make you happy. Around 75000 a year and you're as happy as money will ever make you.

After that its all about diminishing returns. If you have to degrade yourself or those around you making more you are harming yourself and others for a lie.

And there are plenty of people who have money, who will tell you otherwise. It is not about how much money you have, it is about what you do with the money.

You think all people with money are dicks who care for no one but themselves?

If he did not, do you believe he would be as successful? Do you think he could have done what he has done?

Even the most popular ufc fighters have struggled getting decent money. A fighters career is short, and Conor knows that, hence why he is the only ufc fighter to do what he is doing.

Hats off to him.

I didn't criticize him for doing it. Most of us can see his persona is just a marketing ploy. All I'm saying is that many, who see it for what it is, find it lame. And embarrassing to the Irish people who se it as a cheap cliche stereotype.

How is it a cliche? You saying he is acting like a stereotype Irishman?

Seeing that my mum and dad are Irish, and family, I just do not see it. But here is the thing, you might hate it, but like others on here who does not like him, they cannot help talking about him.

That is the beauty of it! The haters are just as obsessed with him. You just have to look on here to see that.

And there are plenty of people who have money, who will tell you otherwise. It is not about how much money you have, it is about what you do with the money.

You think all people with money are dicks who care for no one but themselves?

The studies measure the happiness of people who have various levels of wealth. Its not people making shit up man......

No I don't think negatively about people with money. Only people who make it in ways that bring themselves and others down.

Anyway lets agree to disagree man.

Studies is not everyone who has money. I know if I had money, I would be very happy. Not because I can buy every, but because I do not have to worry anymore, and can do what I want to do, be it help people, or not worrying to pay the bills anymore.

Like i said, it is how you spend it

How is it a cliche? You saying he is acting like a stereotype Irishman?

Seeing that my mum and dad are Irish, and family, I just do not see it. But here is the thing, you might hate it, but like others on here who does not like him, they cannot help talking about him.

That is the beauty of it! The haters are just as obsessed with him. You just have to look on here to see that.

Because it is. It's the equivalent of the US black fighter acting like a gangster or ghetto thug.

Studies is not everyone who has money. I know if I had money, I would be very happy. Not because I can buy every, but because I do not have to worry anymore, and can do what I want to do, be it help people, or not worrying to pay the bills anymore.

Like i said, it is how you spend it

Not arguing at this point. What you stated about money just now is exactly how people feel when they get to around 75000 a year. After that it just doesn't give the increases in happiness you would think.

He's supported by the most powerful sporting bloc in the world: Irish Diaspora.

He obviously has more American fans than European fans which matters more in the business he is in.

Look at the Patriots, Celtics following around the world.

People complained & demanded that Patriots fans be Massachusetts white liberal cucks who hate Trump.

Dropkick Murphys complaining that it should be white hipsters listening to their Irish fighting song.

Last edited:
A polarizing personality is not universally loved by anybody.

Thanks for the update. LOL

Because it is. It's the equivalent of the US black fighter acting like a gangster or ghetto thug.

Is it? Sorry, I just do not see. He is not acting like an Irish stereotype. Have you ever been to Ireland?

Not arguing at this point. What you stated about money just now is exactly how people feel when they get to around 75000 a year. After that it just doesn't give the increases in happiness you would think.

Sorry, do not agree at all. But everyone's opinion is valid.

Back