Conor is P4P the best striker, not just in MMA but in all of striking history

Can all the dudes that verbally blow Conor just get their own Sub-Forum, like the wasteland?

Last edited:
This is P4P the dumbest thread, not just on Sherdog, but in the history if the internet.

The fact that you think he was winning the Mayweather fight disqualifies you from having an opinion on striking.

So, if you aren't trolling this has to be really bad satire.
If not, when has he ever shown knees or elbows? I don't recall him having much offense at clinch range.

Conor has the best left hand in MMA history, but that's it. His overall striking is not anywhere near the level of prime Anderson.

I personally think Jens Pulver had a better left hand than Connor.

He actually slept people instead of tkoing them with follow up strikes.

Anderson fought no strikers but Belfort. Conor fought Floyd, Aldo, Poirier, Holloway, Alvarez and destroyed all of them except Floyd (who he was beating)
Franklin, Griffin, Leben, and Marquardt. When Conor records finishes with head kicks, elbows, flying knees, front kicks, and punches, then you can talk.

Think about it.

Stood toe to toe with the best boxer of all time and nearly knocked him out.

Destroyed Aldo who is pretty ok at mma striking.

Destroyed Eddie Alvarez who was a champion striker.

Destroyed Nate Diaz, beat up his leg and his face.

Kickboxed the shit out of kick boxing legend Dennis Siver.

KO'd #1 contender striker Dustin Poirier

Lit up Max "The Champion" Holloway on a broken leg

Knocked out many more....

He has proven he has the boxing, he has the kicks, he has the elbows, the knees, etc. He is the best P4P striker we have ever seen.

1. The GOAT DEFENSIVE boxer of all time let Conor swing at nothing but shoulders and gloves, and let the occasional shot slide through on purpose.
He was carried the whole 10 rounds. If you don't know this you either don't follow combat sports or are a nuthugger.

2. Caught Aldo with a left hand after Aldo made a stupid decision to go in with a very predictable looping shot. Kudos to Conor, he showed great precision and timing here.

3. Absolutely destroyed Alvarez, who has never been really good in any part of his game. He is as far from a champion striker as Lesnar.

4. Lost the first fight by tap out and arguably lost the second fight too.

5. Who the fuck is Dennis Siver? A guy that has never been anything more than a mediocre fighter and not even a gatekeeper for his weight class.

6. Dustin Poirier was pretty green and nothing like the Poirier of today, but that was a good win for McGregor where he displayed great patience and timing.

7. Had a three round slug match with a 21 year old Max Holloway who 100 times less than the fighter he is today. Conor's leg was far from broken but I believe he had a torn ligament or something like that. Let's not forget that Max entered the camp and fight with a leg injury aswell.

The man is very, very, very good. But let's not make him out to be something he isn't.

Wasteland. How have you made it to Brown belt without getting banned?

I like Nate Diaz, but the greatest striker of all-time doesn't get wobbled and turned into a panic wrestler by a Nate Diaz 1-2 and the greatest striker of all-time doesn't have to resort to straight up running away in the later rounds vs. Nate Diaz in the rematch to squeak out a split decision.

Think someone needs to watch a Hoost highlight film

I personally think Jens Pulver had a better left hand than Connor.

He actually slept people instead of tkoing them with follow up strikes.
An argument can be made for Jens, but the Aldo KO is hard to overlook.

Don't you idiots ever get tired of this. Anyone who says Floyd is the best boxer of all time, anything that comes out of your mouth can be discarded.

Conor is P4P the most inactive champion, not just in MMA but in all of striking history.

"The greatest striker of all time" shouldn't be this easy to slap.
UnselfishDisastrousAngora.gif

giphy.gif

ImmediateMasculineHog.gif

Think about it.

Stood toe to toe with the best boxer of all time and nearly knocked him out.

Destroyed Aldo who is pretty ok at mma striking.

Destroyed Eddie Alvarez who was a champion striker.

Destroyed Nate Diaz, beat up his leg and his face.

Kickboxed the shit out of kick boxing legend Dennis Siver.

KO'd #1 contender striker Dustin Poirier

Lit up Max "The Champion" Holloway on a broken leg

Knocked out many more....

He has proven he has the boxing, he has the kicks, he has the elbows, the knees, etc. He is the best P4P striker we have ever seen.

I'm gonna go sit over there now...
giphy.gif

Back