Conor McGregor’s Popularity Proof That Racism Still Exists - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Yea I mean cause nobody watches Floyd fight. Conor makes way more money.

image.jpeg

Is this how a racist looks?

I can't edit. Just wanted to point out he complained about having haters. Tell Floyd to read sherdog. People hate on Conor.

As much as racism is still alive, this is NOT one of the examples. Floyd is such a god damn idiot.

Yeah, because people complaining about a professional boxer hitting women is racist! :/

Floyd seems annoyed that many people don't like the way he portrayed himself.

Mcgregor also rubs lots of people the wrong way, loud mouths always do.

As much as racism is still alive, this is NOT one of the examples. Floyd is such a god damn idiot.

I would say some of the leftover racist/nationalistic crap from Chael is part of the issue in his fued with Aldo even if McGregor himself doesn't stoke it much.

Really though I think the UFC around TUF definitely benefited from having mostly white guys at the top, today I think that's less of an issue.

Yeah, because people complaining about a professional boxer hitting women is racist! :/

He wasnt liked way before that came to the attention of people. Floyd was kinda lucky that label on him didnt come sooner, most of his incident involving women were ignored for a very long time.

floyd is still living in the past when african americans dominated boxing from top to bottom. back when it was mostly an african american sport. hes just a bitter old man that hates change.

The truth is a great white fighter is more marketable than any other type of fighter because the USA is mostly white. People like seeing people they can relate to.

Floyd's point about the trash talking is kind of right as far as the UFC is concerned. Chael and Conor get away with some utterly appalling behaviour, someone like Rashad grabs his crotch mid fight and he's a P.O.S. Anderson showboats and fans eagerly await his demise, Conor or the Diaz brothers do the same and they're applauded. It may not be racism per se but there is a definite bias that I've noticed with a vast majority (not all) of MMA fans.

LOL at delusional people in this thread. White people hated Muhammad Ali when he fought.

Half of people's reaction in this thread proves how much it exists.

Sure racism exists. And you can exercise it as much as you want unless you're white.

Floyd's point about the trash talking is kind of right as far as the UFC is concerned. Chael and Conor get away with some utterly appalling behaviour, someone like Rashad grabs his crotch mid fight and he's a P.O.S. Anderson showboats and fans eagerly await his demise, Conor or the Diaz brothers do the same and they're applauded. It may not be racism per se but there is a definite bias that I've noticed with a vast majority (not all) of MMA fans.

You can add Ronda to that also, in terms of Media wise not MMA fans. They glossed over almost every stupid and arrogant thing she said and did. Even when it came to serious things like the that mass shooting she commented on.

But the commercial, positive stories, movies, endorsements etc.. kept rolling in.

Sure racism exists. And you can exercise it as much as you want unless you're white.
Do you think a person of colour pointing out an obvious double standard is racism?

Back