"Conor McGregor is a way better fighter than Canelo Alvarez" --- Floyd Mayweather

If I recall correctly they fought at 154 which is light middleweight. Canelo holds belts at 160, middleweight. He is going up to 168, super middleweight to challenge for Rocky Fielding's belt. Floyd can make 154, but he is better known for his work at 147 which is welterweight. Canelo is known at 160, middleweight. If you're going by those numbers then Mayweather is 2 weight classes beneath Canelo.
In this case... what logic is in other posters saying that Floyd is ducking him(not asking you directly)? if anything.. shows how great Floyd truly is. Damn.

When the hell did McGregor quit against Floid?

Never said he did against Floyd but he certainly wanted no more and had stopped punching. He did quit each time he gave up his neck and tapped without fighting a choke though.

Yea maybe not with ease, but floyd is old, small and inactive. Canelo has become much better since he was 22 and physically in his prime, I don't see anyone around his weight beating him except ggg.
I can't argue he gets some preferential treatment in Vegas but floyd has a lot of pull there too
I just see this as Floyd hating and nothing more.
No disagreement on that, Floyd is just trolling.

Floyd was on the wrong end of Canelo's dirty Vegas judging too, I would love to be a fly on the wall when this dirty shit goes down.

In this case... what logic is in other posters saying that Floyd is ducking him(not asking you directly)? if anything.. shows how great Floyd truly is. Damn.

Floyd remains the only loss on Canelo's record. That is true. GGG had two fights to do that, and he could not get the W.... and he was being called by some the hardest punching middleweight in boxing history. I give Floyd all of the credit, he beat the tar out of Canelo in their first meeting.

Never said he did against Floyd but he certainly wanted no more and had stopped punching. He did quit each time he gave up his neck and tapped without fighting a choke though.

historical revisionism.

what they should do is getting sweaty, and wrestling, brushing and cuddling with tight thin pants, against another man naked body.

That is a real fight for mens.<36>
Well it would be closer to a real fight, yeah.

Canelo called him out and now Floyd is getting defensive. He knows if they had a rematch canelo destroys him with ease.
Also mad canelo is getting paid stupid money

Anybody who watches boxing regularly knows that Floyd has hand issues, he's been known to use cortisol to deal with the frailty in his hands after decades of boxing. Floyd knows that at his current age, Canelo would be a tall order. I'm not saying Floyd can't win, but rather, Floyd might actually lose. During his prime, Money has been stellar, but against a younger, improved, stocky guy like Canelo, the probability of Floyd injuring a hand mid-fights is a huge possibility.

This is why Floyd is having fun calling out MMA fighters since it'd be easy for him to enter the ring and win a safe decision. He wouldn't even need to spar more than once a week and simply work on cardio.

I'd say historical accuracy in my humblest of opinions.

Nope. Just a lot of hot air inserted into the real story.

Conor was gassing. And the subject is simply skirted by Conor haters who want to make hay out of his inability or unwillingness to keep his hands up..."ohh what a quitter"..."pussy", etc. Mayweather's TKO was not from acute damage.

In the first fight with Diaz, Conor was either too rattled or exhausted to "fight" the actual choke, even though he made good moves to prevent a guillotine on the ground. And plus it's not always possible/practical to fight a fully or near-sunken choke.

In the Khabib fight it was a weird finish but he fought all the way to the end there. Khabib's choke/crank was sunk in for sure. Unconventional angles always confuse the hell out of Sherdoggers who should know better, who should realize there are many variables in a fight by now.

But you know this....you just choose to skim the details.

Anybody who watches boxing regularly knows that Floyd has hand issues, he's been known to use cortisol to deal with the frailty in his hands after decades of boxing. Floyd knows that at his current age, Canelo would be a tall order. I'm not saying Floyd can't win, but rather, Floyd might actually lose. During his prime, Money has been stellar, but against a younger, improved, stocky guy like Canelo, the probability of Floyd injuring a hand mid-fights is a huge possibility.

This is why Floyd is having fun calling out MMA fighters since it'd be easy for him to enter the ring and win a safe decision. He wouldn't even need to spar more than once a week and simply work on cardio.
Agree with it all. I imagine Floyd landing would do more damage to himself, canelo eats punches effortlessly. I think he would just walk him down and bully him, hard for me to imagine Floyd at this point winning.

Ok. This is nonsense. If you want to talk about who The better "fighter" is than Floyd needs to realize Mighty Mouse would end him and he should really STFU about that whole topic.

Hes a boxer. If he wants to talk about who is better in boxing its damn sure not Conor McGregor over Alvarez.

This fool need to quit challenging MMA fighters to a boxing match, taking away 80% of what they are capable of, and fucking box. Fight Canelo if your the best boxer.

Obviously Conor is a better fighter than Canelo

But obviously that wasn't what Floyd was getting at and obviously he doesn't care about that

The truth doesn't matter when your only goal is promotion

so when you fight someone, your first instinct is to wrestle? how gay.
No, my instinct is to utilize any one of various martial arts to best defeat my opponent, not to wonder about whether the aesthetics of one particular art vs. another carries particular sexual implications.

If your first instinct is to question whether or not something is "gay" then you might have some insecurity issues.

Nope. Just a lot of hot air inserted into the real story.

Conor was gassing. And the subject is simply skirted by Conor haters who want to make hay out of his inability or unwillingness to keep his hands up..."ohh what a quitter"..."pussy", etc. Mayweather's TKO was not from acute damage.

In the first fight with Diaz, Conor was either too rattled or exhausted to "fight" the actual choke, even though he made good moves to prevent a guillotine on the ground. And plus it's not always possible/practical to fight a fully or near-sunken choke.

In the Khabib fight it was a weird finish but he fought all the way to the end there. Khabib's choke/crank was sunk in for sure. Unconventional angles always confuse the hell out of Sherdoggers who should know better, who should realize there are many variables in a fight by now.

But you know this....you just choose to skim the details.

He gave up. "Gassing" and "too tired" are bad excuses and he made little to no effort at the end of each. He wanted out. I like Conor as a fighter and take nothing away from his accomplishments but when he decides he's done then he's done.

But you know this...you just choose to defend him blindly.

So was that the 1st rd or at any point when Connor wasnt completely gassed an Floyd knew he couldnt even lift his arms let alone throw punches

You're right. Conor will have better cardio next time. You should pay for the 2nd fight. lol

You're right. Conor will have better cardio next time. You should pay for the 2nd fight. lol
I didnt pay for 1st so why would I?

My point was stop acting like Floyd didn't feel threatend an walked thru Connor. He strategically turtled up an stayed in tight while hardly punching back so that Connor couldn't punch at range or catch him with something crazy since it can happen to anyone when both are fresh, even Floyd.

The people who think Floyd was capable of taking Connor out when ever he wanted are just Connor haters or boxing only fans (I'm fan of both sports) who can't accept fact Connor lasted as long as he did. I'm not a Connor fan or hater, but I know that he was better then Floyd expected.

With all that being said tho, I do think he was trolling by calling Connor better an was trying to set up possible rematch with Connor while avoiding a Canelo rematch.

Back