Conor McGregor`s training looks like he is preparing for Khabib Nurmagomedov

I'll be stunned if he pens the khabib contract. It's only fight at 155 where not only can he lose but he can really get mollywhopped. Stylistically Khabib comes to fight as a significant favorite.
He fights Tony and Conor comes in as a favorite in the neighborhood of -175 and stylistically I can see Ferguson get noodle legged early and often.

Khabib mauls Conor. Respect if Conor takes this fight.

Mendes was on steroids
Conor didn't train for the best wrestler in the division
Conor's knee was mangled
he's a lot stronger/healthier at 155
Mendes is light years ahead of Khabib striking

Conor is overrated. there is a reason why conor began his career in the featherweight division... to many advantages. height, reach.... but he struggled hard against nate diaz wo has the same advantages against conor... someone from his natural weight class. jeah and alvarez im glad how conor bum`d him to the mat with the left. i cant stand alvarez.

I predict Khabib will give Conner the absolute worst beating we have ever witnessed in the entirety of MMA.

McGreggor is not a elite wrestler. He is not a BJJ prodigy. One of those two, at a minimum, is required to keep Khabib off of you and the space to implement your game plan.

Let's not forget that Connor was mounted, beaten, and subbed by Nate Diaz , who in the modern shark tank that is LW Is, at best , a mid level divisional gatekeeper.

And this is the man who will stop Khabib?
well stated

Conor is overrated. there is a reason why conor began his career in the featherweight division... to many advantages. height, reach.... but he struggled hard against nate diaz wo has the same advantages against conor... someone from his natural weight class. jeah and alvarez im glad how conor bum`d him to the mat with the left. i cant stand alvarez.
You're delusional

Conor always either gave up height, or weight at FW. Rarely did Conor ever have both over an opponent at FW.

AT FW Conor was already beating same sized or bigger fighters.

Poirier was bigger then Conor.

Holloway was the same size if not a little bigger (just less reach)

Conor still out classed both with his superior skill and superior IQ.

Nate was simply MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger then Conor

Anyone trying to sit there and seriously make the claim that they were the same size is mentally ill with an "opinion" not worth anything

Nate-Diaz-Conor-McGregor-202.png

Conor's win over Nate is one of the most under rated wins in MMA history - one of the greatest p4p wins ever. No other career FW has ever overcame that much of a size disadvantage.

That fight cemented Conor's next level pound for pound skill (ability to over come much larger opponents with his pure skill)

Nate Diaz Resume:

Beat and embarrassed both Michael Johnson and Donald Cerrone. (Yea, mid level gatekeeper, ok bud)

Fought for the LW title.

First to finish Jim Miller, back when Miller was a contender.

Only fighter in MMA history to ever submit Melvin Guillard.

Nate Diaz isn't elite dude.
Was embarrassed from pillar to post by Benson and RDA.

His win against MJ was good, but I wouldn't call a 29-28 an embarrassing defeat.

He matches very well against Conor, just that.

Lots of wrestling training videos and pictures.
He is training the front kick (to keep the space). The front kick would be kinda useless against Tony. If he fights in Septemer he can prepare himself almost 8 month for one opponent.
McGregor is a smart guy. He has the opportunity to study Khabib against Tony as well and prepare him with a expensive training camp like he did against Nate Diaz.

LOL, like it matters?
Khabib has been training his style his whole life.
Training some wrestling now won't be enough for COnor.

he needs to improve his gas tank for one, and desperately needs to train TDD & getting out from the bottom... and yet it will be irrelevant IMO.

either he knocks Khabib out or he's done.

So why isn’t this Irish Jabroni defending his belt against Tony like within the next few months?

He’s not injured, he’s training, hasn’t fought in the Octagon for a while now.
#paperchamp

You're delusional

Conor always either gave up height, or weight at FW. Rarely did Conor ever have both over an opponent at FW.

AT FW Conor was already beating same sized or bigger fighters.

Poirier was bigger then Conor.

Holloway was the same size if not a little bigger (just less reach)

Conor still out classed both with his superior skill and superior IQ.

Nate was simply MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger then Conor

Anyone trying to sit there and seriously make the claim that they were the same size is mentally ill with an "opinion" not worth anything

Nate-Diaz-Conor-McGregor-202.png

Conor's win over Nate is one of the most under rated wins in MMA history - one of the greatest p4p wins ever. No other career FW has ever overcame that much of a size disadvantage.

That fight cemented Conor's next level pound for pound skill (ability to over come much larger opponents with his pure skill)

You’re right....

CwNK70OUEAAndeo.jpg

I'll be stunned if he pens the khabib contract. It's only fight at 155 where not only can he lose but he can really get mollywhopped. Stylistically Khabib comes to fight as a significant favorite.
He fights Tony and Conor comes in as a favorite in the neighborhood of -175 and stylistically I can see Ferguson get noodle legged early and often.
Can you post a.gif of yourself once Conor signs?

Front Kick? Khabib gonna catch that bitch. Plus with Khabib's forward motion there will be no room to front kick at full extension and power anyways. I'm no trainer and I'm sure everybody at SBG is smarter than me, but that's just how I see it.

Just like no amount of training will help anyone once they get in the ring/cage with Fedor?
Not the same.
Another example would be. No amount of grappling work Condit could’ve done in camp, would’ve made him capable of hanging with Maia on the ground. Once the fight went to the ground, Condit was done. And 10 hours a day, 7 Days a week, for 2 months wouldn’t change that.

Same for Khabib and Conor, if Conor allows Khabib to grab a hold of him.

The biggest UNDER-statement in the history of sherdog lol

You can tell that it physically hurts haters to give Conor any kind of real credit

That when forced to state the obvious they still try to downplay as much as possible

"Bu just a decent boxer with insane timing. That's all"

1. Conor has legit elite level slick boxing.Name me another MMA fighter who out counters Floyd like this
converted.gif

Heck, not even hall of fame boxers could counyer Floyd like that. YET a 0-0 Conor did.

2. There's many layers to Conor's highly advanced boxing game:

-Fients+Jab mix ups to keep off balance
QUih1y.gif

-Lead hand control (lead hand probing+rhythm manipulation i.e touch touch condition shoot) With lead hand uppercut going underneath Holloway's lead hand, to step out to outside angle to line up the left. That's pure flawless boxing skill.
BBB.gif

-Lead hand control to shut down the jab hand to force out right hand responses, to counter
tumblr_o0x2x6Jfr21upwz95o1_400.gif

Conor has a very highly sophisticated lead hand game/lead hand radar system which serve many purposes.

-Conor being able to still counter fuck from the inside angle
98dW9C.gif

Just look at the way Conor slides and re-positions to line up the left. Flawless countering skill and footwork skill by Conor. No one in MMA history has ever had quicker on the dime reaction speeds and mental on the dime adjustment reaction speeds then Conor. Conor is not even human lol. It's a shame how criminally under appreciated Conor is.

-Conor's many forms of distance deception to create his countering opportunities i.e here is his pull counter
2nrzk3m.gif

Conor leaning head forward off the center line to appear as a closer target tp draw out the jab (in same stance match ups the jab hand is closest to the head and so opponents will typically respond with a jab when the head is leaned in closer) Conor then pulls back and shoots smoothly in one fluid motion

- Here is another counter in Conor's massive arsenal of countering toolbox
NHafz2v.gif

Sublime parry to inside slip over the top counter on a much larger opponent by Conor

-Sublime body work and defense by Conor
vskw2s.gif

-Conor's brilliant pure defensive skill
2vhvjer.gif

-More examples of Conor's sublime body work (+clinch)
2gx2tty.gif
Look how Conor jab feints up high, to misdirect, then goes to the body with a combination. Brilliant IQ by Conor. Conor punching into the clinch. After landing to the body, Conor smartly ties Nate up to stiffle any return fire. Again the brilliant IQ of Conor. Conor never allows opponents to return fire. Conor is either not there in range anymore - has stepped off to the side, moved his head off the center line, or will smartly tie up to stiffle. Conor is the eptiomy of hit and do not get hit (and make miss and make pay too - as Conor is all about countering too). Conor then breaks up on his terms as he lands on the breakaway. Conor is an absolute master of dictating, pure control, and always forcing opponents into his terms on his terms.

- Conor utilising masterful footwork/angles, to off set and turn opponents into disadvantagous positions- into his pull counters. Plus to line up right hook combos off his left counters. Sublime
DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Not only have we demonstrated that Conor is the greatest most skilled boxer to have ever competed in MMA at the highest level of MMA.....

Conor is the most complete fundamentally sound boxer in MMA history.

Conor isn't just some "decent boxer with timing"

As I have already demonstrated, Conor boxes brilliantly off the backfoot..Conor can box brilliantly on the front foot...Insane defensive based counter punching genuis...Insane defense....Ironclad Lead hand game...Wonderful fienting game...Is highly effective from all ranges and all positions...angles...mastetful footwork that he also uses to set up counters.....Highly efficient with both hands...etc etc etc etc

3. So not only is Conor a highly sophisticated advanced well rounded fundamentally sound elite level boxer, Conor still does have a solid kicking game - and still has even many more weapons at his disposal.

-Conor's front kick is actually one of his greatest weapons
28gv6nq.gif

In conjuction with Conor's highly sophisticated fienting game
4vmej6.gif
and jab mix ups, the push kick works together to serves many purposes for Conor. Not only to gas out to the body, not only to keep opponents guessing, but to control range as well.

-Elbows
6eg2zt.gif

-Jumping knees
34zbv4l.gif

4. Conor is truly the greatest striker in combat sports history. No one has ever been more complete. No one has ever put together elite level boxing with a solid kicking game like Conor has.

Like I said, its truly a criminal shame how under rated and under appreciated Conor is. People taking Conor for granted will eventually regret it. Enjoy the Conor show. When you watch Conor you are watching the highest level possible of striking. Appreciate .

The realest quote ever

"The UNeducated eye can NOT comprehend the brilliance of Conor McGregor"

I make breakdowns like this, not only to educate, but because I know good posters like @MescalineDreams and @Venom will enjoy. I know the true educated posters like them can recognize and appreciate just how much of a brilliant Bobby Fischer genius Conor is when it comes to pure skill and pure fight IQ

No one in MMA is on Conor's level. No one is even close.

People will be shocked at how easily Conor destroys Khabib. Khabib plays right into Conor's hands. Quick summary, Khabib has major footwork issues against southpaws..plus pressing forward against Conor=prepared to get counter fucked. Conor wrecks both Tony and Khabib. Hopefully then people will be reminded of just how special Conor is

Great breakdown. Thanks. This is BJJ Scout-esque.

he spend 300k for a training camp to fight diaz 2. the strategy was to low kick him and it worked... because nate has sloppy legs... but rda fought agains nate diaz with the low kicks strategy bevore him.
He took a majority decision (a judge scored a draw) against a LW gatekeeper who has been dominated by every elite guy he has faced.

Nate is a bum.

Can you post a.gif of yourself once Conor signs?
I can't do that but - LOL-

Listen - this the way I see it. Tony is interim champ and Conor would be a healthy - 185 favorite over Ferguson in a fight that should follow UFC protocol....
With that said, why would mcgregor opt to fight a guy that would do everything in his power to make Conor carry his weight for duration of fight and rain down elbows and fists to the mug of mcgregor.

Just to validate that:

Khabib -270
Mcgregor +235

would be my opinion of Las Vegas openers.

Back