Conor Mcgregor telling UFC he wants big money if he is to risk getting submitted by Tony Ferguson..

As I always say in these threads, I've been a fan since his first UFC fight but I completely agree with the above statement!

I'm a fan too, but if he's not fighting then I'm not going to care.

Ok, he's done writing that down. Thanks.

No one other than the haters or trolls say things like this. And that's a fact.

Do you not realize how biased this list is? Or are you joking? I'd like to believe the latter, but history dictates its the former. He has around 25 fights. And you've picked examples from less than half.

Anyone can gather anything when "reading between the lines." It depends on what you want to believe. That's what you'll end up finding.

Reading between the lines =/= facts

Yes. When faced with facts, don't present anything to refute them. Just a gif will suffice.

Okay. So under this assumption, that means he won't get payed if he uses his BJJ?

What's your problem bud, don't like it when people post opinions on a forum?

I agree, broke both hands 3 times apiece myself, that's why I had to stop. My problem isn't as much with how Floyd maneuvered his career after he became Money, it's more with "the money team" fans completely denying that he did this despite the information being right in front of everyone's faces for all to see as fact.

Could not possibly agree more with this part. I meant to breakup my last post to 613 like this but honestly I forgot how lol, it's been so long since I regularly posted on these or any forums where I got into this type of discussion it took me awhile to remember how to break up and address each point of a post lol.

I still don’t know how to do it. I just use the old bulletin style if needed and break it down. For a guy that looks like tech support, I’m not very tech saavy.

Khabib starches Eddie. Will put the biggest beating on him to date. I dont think he's forgotten the blatant duck and cherry-picking Eddie did to throw the entire LW division into the toilet.

I was only putting out a scenario where i can see Conor defending the title.

At the end of the day, they need to make money off the fight. They can't just give him a base salary of 15 million dollars if the fight doesn't generate enough revenue for them to make a good enough profit.

It depends on what they value his worth at.

Most UFC PPV's sell around 300k.

If Conor's worth is a million extra buys then that would generate an *extra* 40 million in PPV revenue( - the 1/3rd service provider takes)

So it is easily feasible to pay Conor even 30 million and the UFC pockets an extra 10 million.

My grandma would box Floyd for over 100m, boxing an aging boxer that didn't finish anyone in over 10 years for 100m isn't courageous.

I agree, i dont really see how Mayweather is this dangerous fight, it was a win win situation for Conor, he couldve come out and got starched in the first and his MMA stock wouldve barely been touched.

Where as a fight with Tony or Khabib is a fight where Conor would have to put it all on the line, and if he got starched then he would be 1 fighr away from losing everything.

I still don’t know how to do it. I just use the old bulletin style if needed and break it down. For a guy that looks like tech support, I’m not very tech saavy.
Same here, I can turn on a computer and a cell phone, anything more demanding than that I have to get my 11 year old son to do it lol.

what's with pathetic conor haters always making shit up?

lmao so weird, get help.

also lol at people still acting like they don't care about conor, you're not fooling anyone.

I'm not going to pay him shit. Suckers like yourself can though

Oh you're paying him alright. The more he's talked about, the more popular he becames. And the more popular he becomes, the more money he makes. Whether you like it or not, you're helping him, just in a more gradual, subtle, in-direct way. And what makes it worse is that you don't like him. Maybe you should try being a fan, that way how much you talk about him would be justified.

What's your problem bud, don't like it when people post opinions on a forum?

No, I just dislike it when people make their opinions out to be fact, and shit on people who have different ones.

Khabib starches Eddie. Will put the biggest beating on him to date. I dont think he's forgotten the blatant duck and cherry-picking Eddie did to throw the entire LW division into the toilet.

It's crazy how the perception of Eddie's career has changed since he fought Conor. Before, he was one of the best lightweights ever who became a champ in every organization he'd competed in. Now he's just a cherry picking bum.

It's crazy how the perception of Eddie's career has changed since he fought Conor. Before, he was one of the best lightweights ever who became a champ in every organization he'd competed in. Now he's just a cherry picking bum.

Didn't call him a "bum"...but sure, he's a cherry-picking bum. <{outtahere}>

It depends on what they value his worth at.

Most UFC PPV's sell around 300k.

If Conor's worth is a million extra buys then that would generate an *extra* 40 million in PPV revenue( - the 1/3rd service provider takes)

So it is easily feasible to pay Conor even 30 million and the UFC pockets an extra 10 million.
30 million? That's just plain ridiculous. That's not how it works.

The UFC has to pay all the other fighters, their management, the promotion team, the list goes on and on.

The biggest UFC payout for a fighter was 3 million dollars. It's what Conor made in his rematch against Diaz.

I can see the UFC offering him maybe a couple millions more since he has gained popularity with the Mayweather fight. But 30 million is a HUGE stretch.

5-6 million sounds about right.

Eddie is still a favorite of mine, one of my all time favorites that was a champion in the UFC. Along with Hughes, GSP, Lawler, Killashaw, Max, Whitaker & Frankie.

30 million? That's just plain ridiculous. That's not how it works.

The UFC has to pay all the other fighters, their management, the promotion team, the list goes on and on.

The biggest UFC payout for a fighter was 3 million dollars. It's what Conor made in his rematch against Diaz.

I can see the UFC offering him maybe a couple millions more since he has gained popularity with the Mayweather fight. But 30 million is a HUGE stretch.

5-6 million sounds about right.

You misunderstood, i was referring to tbe concept that a fighter brings in an extra 40 million in revenue then they can afford to pay him 30 million. They atill walk away with an extra 10 million.

Th other expenses doesnt matter, Conor selling a million "extra" PPV doesnt increase the cost of operstion that is covered inside the usual 300k PPV that they sell.

That is why Golden Boy only had a revenue of 60 million, thanks to the Ali act Boxers take like 80% of the revenue, while the promotion get 20 - 30%.

In the UFC the fighters get 13% and the promotion gets 87% of the revenue.

Didn't call him a "bum"...but sure, he's a cherry-picking bum. <{outtahere}>

Point still stands. Before he was seen in a good light and a dangerous fight for anyone. Now even after starching Gaethje, people take their hate for Conor out on him.

If a man is scared to fight, he doesnt fight for a living.

Several high-level pro fighters have openly admitted they are/were scared in there. Brendan Schaub and Chael Sonnen are probably the most high profile. Urijah Hall recently said on MMA Junkie Radio he's scared every time he has to get in the cage.

Tip of the iceberg son.

Point still stands. Before he was seen in a good light and a dangerous fight for anyone. Now even after starching Gaethje, people take their hate for Conor out on him.

Gaethje fought like an alcoholic. Wasn't high-level fight. <{outtahere}>

Back