Conor McGregor vs Paulie Malignaggi Sparring Footage with Knockdown!

Two things I got from the videos:

1/ Malinaggi took a punch that knocked him down, AKA a knockdown. It wasn't a push down nor did he sling him down by grabbing the back of his neck, both have been claimed by Paulie. He comes off looking desperate and dishonest.

2/ CM's boxing looks like shit. Overpowering PM in sparring, who has little power, is one thing. Taking it to Mayweather is another thing. He needs to be quicker with a sharper jab to not get completely worked. He needs to keep his guard up too.

Last edited:
Yeah, Gatti was a terribly slow plodder. Nothing like McGregor.
Absolutely right he wasn't anything like McGregor but watch skill versus skill it's right about on that same competition level for Floyd. I'll benchmark this conversation we're having..... watch Mayweather come out and execute a simple game plan to the tee on how to deal with southpaws….A straight right hand is what's going to end the fight. Once again the left check- hook will come into play but not end the fight (be Connor will be 170 ). I don't see Floyd knocking out or completely stopping MC I see the referee waving the contest off and possibly the right lead being the last significant shot that lands. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and "wish" of course, what I'm stratifying here is the simple probability based on skill and confirmed experience

it is a mismatch LOL this is an eight second clip were talking about here, relax those panties
He's a world champion boxer who has fought months ago [Not years unlike Floyd]. Conor is also supposed to be a bum who has no place in a ring with a boxing world champion.

Doesn't matter if it's a 1 second clip. He isn't even supposed to be able to land on an elite boxer let alone spark them. The boxing establishment are a bunch of morons.

He's a world champion boxer who has fought months ago [Not years unlike Floyd]. Conor is also supposed to be a bum who has no place in a ring with a boxing world champion.

Doesn't matter if it's a 1 second clip. He isn't even supposed to be able to land on an elite boxer let alone spark them. The boxing establishment are a bunch of morons.
It's a sparring match , you conor mcgregor nerds looks too hard on an eight second clip . Paulie fought a bum a few months ago , hardly worth even talking about

It's a sparring match , you conor mcgregor nerds looks too hard on an eight second clip . Paulie fought a bum a few months ago , hardly worth even talking about
He's a world champion. According to Kellerman he wouldn't even be able to beat an amateur boxer, let alone stand in the ring with a world champion. The reason boxing is so shit nowadays is because they have this elitist mentality. If Conor manages the upset, I think we'll need to hide the noose from all the boxing dorks.

We could say the same of Cloner if we could actually see the whole fight footage and Paulie did in fact get the better of him in sparring. I mean listen, who's word am I gonna believe about whooping someone's ass, a 2x defending world boxing champ or someone that's never even had a single professional bout?
I'd tend to believe the guy who wasn't just proven to be lying. But hey, that's just me.

He's a world champion. According to Kellerman he wouldn't even be able to beat an amateur boxer, let alone stand in the ring with a world champion. The reason boxing is so shit nowadays is because they have this elitist mentality. If Conor manages the upset, I think we'll need to hide the noose from all the boxing dorks.
boxing is not shit nowadays wtf you're a casual who knows nothing , dismissed

Absolutely right he wasn't anything like McGregor but watch skill versus skill it's right about on that same competition level for Floyd. I'll benchmark this conversation we're having..... watch Mayweather come out and execute a simple game plan to the tee on how to deal with southpaws….A straight right hand is what's going to end the fight. Once again the left check- hook will come into play but not end the fight (be Connor will be 170 ). I don't see Floyd knocking out or completely stopping MC I see the referee waving the contest off and possibly the right lead being the last significant shot that lands. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and "wish" of course, what I'm stratifying here is the simple probability based on skill and confirmed experience

I appreciate your response.

There are so many things to take into account in this fight....

1. How awkward will McGregor be to deal with for Floyd?
2. How much has Floyd slowed since being away from the ring?
3. Will a 16 pound weight difference on fight night negate any of Floyds supposed technical superiority? Add in height, potential speed advantage, etc
4. Just how hard does McGregor hit? Can Floyd take the power?
5. Who is going to dominate the clinch?
Etc, etc, etc

We can discuss our opinions and obviously this is great as fight fans but ultimately we will only know on 26th August when they get in the ring.

Max can go hang himself for all I care. Lol not even TOUCH Floyd? Ppl in boxing were sick of him for years then suddenly he's an untouchable ghost.

Floyd can solve McGregor in one round if he wanted, but in reality, he'll relax, sit back, test Conor with feints and jabs and take over after the middle of round 4 or 5. Floyd will use a conventional raised glove defense and set aside the shoulder roll if he feels remotely threatened or buzzed.

Conor is a game of Sunday checkers for Floyd.

And yes, the straight right will land easily.

It was more of a trip rather than a pushdown. the thing here is, those 30 seconds made irish jabroni look good and confirmed that paulie was getting tooled. those clips confirmed most of paulie's statements regarding the sparring but we must take this as a grain of salt since we don't know what happened before and after.

one thing is certain, i highly doubt irish jabroni will release the sparring before Aug 26.

Paulie did indeed hold some titles. But, the thing is, he only fought a few named fighters his whole career, and he lost all those fights except for Judah. He has one win over a known fighter, for a vacant title.

His other title was a weak title, not one of the real titles; and he lost it to the first known fighter with a better title who wanted to unify a few.

Rather weak career, only won 1 big fight in his career out of half a dozen.

He was "a champion" of something, yes. He was never "the world champion" of anything. A champion, but never the champion.

Personally, I hate all these clowns. I hate Paulie "the Magical Liar," I hate Floyd "I got the Highscore" Mayweather, and I hate Conor "Oirish" McMickeymac.

Also, Paulie fought in march of this year people, he's "retired" but only for a few months. He's only 36 years old, he'd still be in the prime of his career if he was a great athlete, but he's not, that's why it was time to retire and focus on commentary.

Paulie got punched, and fell onto his ass. The reason he "slipped" is because he tried to duck a punch and got punched in the head instead, leaving him out of position, and then got punched again. Ducking forwards like that is a bad idea against an MMA fighter who is used to punching people who are shooting takedowns. All MMA fighters have a good punch from that position, they practice it all the time. Mayweather doesn't lean forwards when he ducks, he keeps his hips and is still defending himself.

More of a sumbag move to lie about what happened in sparring

Paulie said he lost rounds to Conor and took some good shots. That would also not count as a KD in any boxing match. So I fail to see where he lied?

Back