Conor never asked for easy fights or money fights like these other posers

He pushed hard for that Siver fight, I think Siver and Nate were supposed to be pick me fights.

Nates just the better fighter
Conor never asked for the Siver fight. The UFC offered it him. Admittedly, they were trying to protect him. That's not on Conor though.

Could have easily posted Im a filthy idiot, conor nuthugger, and we wouldnt have to read that mess. Fucking tool.

Lol god forbid you say something in defense of Conor, god forbid you go against the mentally ill hater hivemind here.

Its funny how you dont realize how pathetic you are, acting like a 12 year old thats faced with an opinion that they dont like. "WAAAAH IDIOT WHY DO YOU HAVE OPPOSING VIEWS WAAAAH IDIOT!!"

When RDA fell out he then picked his opponent who hadn’t been training. Nate beats him then they have a close rematch and somehow he was still warranted a LW TS?
He should have gone to defend his FW belt after the Nate rematch then whooped Eddie and you’d never have these haters arguing.
Nate was the popular option in the polls. It was a cool and interesting fight (to fight fans). Aldo and Frankie turned down the fight.

UFC is about making money. That shouldn't be news to you. Your game of rankings doesn't matter. Conor wanted to become champ champ.

You don't really believe there'd be no haters, do you? There were haters before the man even won a UFC title.

Conor said openly that he had to bring in new guys to help him cut weight differently after the IV ban came in. Its on YouTubes.

But he also said he hasn't used IVs in the past, so that must be true as well because he said it, right? We know Conor was a big FW - but it's funny how there's this narrative that you have to be a certain height or have a reach to fight at a certain weight class.

Some folk even mentioned Aldo was too big for the weight class when he was running through the division or that he was fighting wrestlers with little to no striking experience. There's always a 'thing' people will find to try and discredit someone.

I guarantee now that Holloway is filling out he'll get the same flak. If you sign up to fight and can make the weight, then there's nothing to whine about.

Rich he may be, but without some defenses, he'll be quickly forgotten and go down in history as a pussy champion. If money is more important than legacy, he'll be fine. If he gives a shit about how he's remembered though...
Conor also never defended a title, and quite honestly, that's what he'll be remembered for.

Only by hardcore, Internet-based, non-fight fans. And they don't matter.

The masses will remember him as one of the most entertaining and exciting fighters inside and outside the cage.

The fight fans will remember him as the best ever MMA striker, with extremely accurate striking, the ability to fight going forwards and backwards, a natural counter-striker, the ability to manage range like no one else, and of course that dynamite left hand.

And as far as "easy fights" go, what happened to that guaranteed ko of Floyd? What happened to "I am boxing"?
lol
Nothing happened to them. They were statements. They were wrong. They promoted the fight.

What about Siver ? Who he hand picked ?
He never asked for him, and he wasn't a money fight.

The UFC wanted a big fight for their post-NFL playoff slot on FS1. They chose to put a Conor fight on. Conor accepted the fight. He coulda just got a title shot if he wanted.

The mental gymnastics Conor nuthuggers go through to justify Floyd giving him a panty night is amazing lmao. Conor is Floyd's bastard son who can't even afford his shoe collection.

And Conor did Floyd the favor? LMAO
No one did anyone the favor. They worked out the deal so that it benefitted both equally, considering both their drawing ability (where Conor is bigger) and their net worth (where Floyd is bigger). You probably don't understand, so I'll explain:

Conor coulda not taken the Floyd fight and still done over a million buys. Conor coulda fought anyone. Floyd couldn't. There was no one for him to fight.

However, Floyd had hundreds of millions in the bank, so needed to be paid more to justify him fighting.

That's why the deal was mutually beneficial.

F*king Connie casuals...

l4GK_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
I'm confident TS knows more about MMA than you.

Good contribution though

Do you mean except for those two times he hand picked replacements because he knew they weren’t in the gym training? I agree the all other times it was the UFC protecting their investment.
Source?

Nate was an injury replacement and either couldn't make 155 or wanted more money to make 155. It had nothing to do with the title.

Conor didn't want his win attributed to a weight change. He wanted a complete redo. It had nothing to do with the title.

Floyd earned Conor 9 figures. It was about money. It had nothing to do with the title.

You seem to be the one obsessed with titles.

hey whats a better way to measure the greatness of a fighter -

1. ability to beat top title contenders

or

2. ability to lose exhibition fights

hey man you seem pretty satisfied with the salty taste of conors nutsac so don't let me interfere with what you got goin on there

While you're right Woodley doing things wrong and Conor did them right.

Fighting Mendes for the title was big money fight for Conor then.
Fighting Aldo for undisputed title was bigger money fight and the highest promoted bout in ufc history.
Going after a champion v champion fight is definitely chasing bigger money fights.
Going after Nate 2, after seeing his nate 1 pay is chasing a money fight.
And leaving the sport to box vs the biggest ppv draw in history IS 1000% chasing money fights it's like the definition of it.
You're missing the point of the thread. Conor didn't pick an opponent for their name value and/or because they're an easy fight.

Mendes was neither a name nor an easy fight. Conor was the name.
Aldo was neither a name nor an easy fight. Conor was the name. Aldo just had the title.
The RDA/Eddie LW title fights are the same as Aldo. They weren't names or easy fights. They were champions.
Nate II wasn't an easy fight. It was a money fight, but only marginally bigger than another he coulda taken. He took the fight to get back a loss.
Mayweather is obviously not an easy fight, but it is a money fight. But even then, Conor was the A-side in terms of drawing power.

Conor has never sought out easy fights.
Conor has never tried to leech off a fighter more popular than him.

That's the criticism on Woodley.

hey whats a better way to measure the greatness of a fighter -

1. ability to beat top title contenders

or

2. ability to lose exhibition fights

hey man you seem pretty satisfied with the salty taste of conors nutsac so don't let me interfere with what you got goin on there
Unable to respond to me?

<DCrying>

You can’t tell any of us a fucking thing until he’s willing to defend against the top contender...why’s he not doing that? He did what he needed to getting the belt but now sits back and does nothing...fuck him
Were you to stay on-topic, what would you have posted? Is Conor better than Tyron in the way TS said?

"Fuck the extremely entertaining and exciting fighter both inside and outside the cage, because I love titles more than fights!"

I'm glad I'm not like you. If I cared as little about fighting as you seem to, I'd find another hobby.

Conor's rise is not unique. Plenty of other dominant fighters rose through the ranks, left a path of destruction, and captured gold. LOTS of fighters. The only difference is that everyone except Conor defended whether successfully or not.
One of the best ever? No. Until he defends, he's just another guy who became champ. There are many others and will be many more to come.
His skills are his skills regardless of the stats.

But he also said he hasn't used IVs in the past, so that must be true as well because he said it, right? We know Conor was a big FW - but it's funny how there's this narrative that you have to be a certain height or have a reach to fight at a certain weight class.

Some folk even mentioned Aldo was too big for the weight class when he was running through the division or that he was fighting wrestlers with little to no striking experience. There's always a 'thing' people will find to try and discredit someone.

I guarantee now that Holloway is filling out he'll get the same flak. If you sign up to fight and can make the weight, then there's nothing to whine about.

If someone admits something without coercion with no obvious benefits to themselves for doing so, i tend to believe them, whether they have previously denied it or later retracted it. You don't bring in a whole new team for nothing, stop kidding yourself.

You don't have to be a certain height to fight in a weight division, but using an IV to get down to a lower division specifically so you can use your height advantage is not the M.O of someone who 'doesn't look for easy fights'.

He used an IV for years to fight in a lower weight division, against guys 5 inches shorter than him. Mendes just rolled off a couch, Diaz was on a party boat, Eddie was arguably the most mediocre 'champ' in history, and Mayweather was a win win situation for him.

So, yeah, he's all about the big challenges.
IV is for rehydration, not dehydration. He didn't have an IV for the Aldo fight, and he recovered extremely well for that fight.

Conor has an average height for featherweight. 5ft9. Mendes and Edgar are two of the shortest featherweights on the roster, and aren't the norm.

Mendes is one of the best power wrestlers in MMA history, Conor had a torn ACL, and had the option of rescheduling to fight Aldo a few weeks later.

Eddie Alvarez opened as only a slight underdog, and at one point was as low as +125. He'd just KO'd RDA. Only with hindsight have his record and skills been discredited. Knowledgable fans knew, but the majority didn't.

Btw, none of your post refutes TS on his comparison of Conor and Tyron.

Back