Conor or Khabib

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who do you guys have for Saturday? I'm curious to ask here rather than the heavies because there's more experience here.

Who do you guys have for Saturday? I'm curious to ask here rather than the heavies because there's more experience here.
By their styles it's pretty 50/50, but seeing as khabibs dad had to talk him out of quitting a while back, and he's talking about quitting after this fight with Conor, I don't think khabibs as hungry as Conor. I originally was expecting khabib to take the belt, but now I'm leaning towards Conor.

Ill put it on the line though it is a good matchup and say conor by uppercut or flying knee ko
{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}<28>

If Conor doesn't drop him before Kabib grabs a hold of him then he's finished. I would be highly surprised to see kabib get a hold of Conor and then Conor KO's him sometime later in the round/fight.

Conor has had trouble in the past with smaller and far less skilled grapplers than Kabib.

If Conor doesn't lay him out in the first 2, I see Khabib taking it.

It could be a very interesting fight, or a snooze fest

My heart says Conor.
My gut says Khabib.

I like both fighters. I want Conor to make a comeback. However, I know Khabib is some kind of animal in that cage.

I won't be disappointed either way.

I was thinking of asking this same question but you did for me lol

from what I gather the common census is Khabib is expected to win by using his grappling, and this will most likely be the outcome unless conor happens to catch him with something early on.

So we all know that conors game plan will be to strike, khabibs to grapple.

outside of those things, how likely do you think it will be for the fight to go the distance? I really dont see the fight ending either by conor getting a KO or Khabib getting a submission. I am thinking it is alot more likely it goes the distance to a decision.........what do you guys think of this?

What do you guys think of the fight going the distance and being a draw?

from what I gather the common census is Khabib is expected to win by using his grappling, and this will most likely be the outcome unless conor happens to catch him with something early on.

outside of those things, how likely do you think it will be for the fight to go the distance? I really dont see the fight ending either by conor getting a KO or Khabib getting a submission. I am thinking it is alot more likely it goes the distance to a decision.........what do you guys think of this?

Its likely to go the distance.

I can see Khabib getting slept, but within a short timeframe. He's gotten dazed by lesser strikers than Conor, if he's emotional in the fight like most of Conor's wins have been, he might get KO'd.

Its likely to go the distance.

I can see Khabib getting slept, but within a short timeframe. He's gotten dazed by lesser strikers than Conor, if he's emotional in the fight like most of Conor's wins have been, he might get KO'd.

check bovada dude, the odds for it going the distance or draw are well worth throwing $100 away.

Khabib 3rd round TKO

I can't see it going the distance either way.

Connor is... weak, to say the least, on the ground. Khabib is one of the best in the sport.

That said, until Conor gets taken down, he is a legitimate threat to end it dumb early.

It's a tough fight to call to be honest.

Something no-one is factoring is that McGregor has been out for 2 years. That is a considerably long amount of time away from MMA competition.

In those 2 years the level of MMA has jumped significantly without Conor being in the mix. If he think that everyone is still at the level they were at 2 years ago - that's a serious mistake to make.

Add to that - 2 years worth of cage rust. He's had no tune up fight prior to this one. We all saw the rust when Jon Jones came back after 1.5 years to fight St Preux. He didn't look his old self.

I think that Khabib definitely has his deficiencies in the striking area for sure - but I'm not so sure that it's as bad as people might think. I think his striking flaws might be a bit overstated as well as McGregor's perceived lack of grappling ability - I think that's also very overstated.

I think as well McGregor punching power at lightweight could potentially be overstated. Remember he's only had 1 fight at lightweight - against Alvarez - who notoriously gets dropped almost every fight. Against Conor he ate a lot of shots before being put out. So I'm not sure Khabib will get starched with one punch - of course there is always the possibility. But I think it more likely that if Conor does take out Khabib it will be similar to Alvarez - not one shot - but multiple punches over a round duration.

It will be interesting seeing how Conor tries to keep Khabib at distance. I'm expecting a lot of jabs, front kicks, knees and a lot of uppercuts.

In regards to Khabib - he's not particularly great at closing range without taking a bit of a lick. Something you don't want to do against McGregor. But I think Khabib may have the ability to get really low on Mcgregor - I'm thinking ankle pick low. I've noticed a lot that Mcgregor sits tall on a lot of his punches so there is always the opportunity to get under that left hand. But of course I think McGregor will expect this so he'll probably be throwing front kicks & knees to prevent this.

It's a hard fight to call because anything could happen. Khabib could get starched in round 2 or Conor could get mauled for 5 rounds.

It would be nice to see if Khabib will mix up his amazing gnp with a more diverse array of submission attempts. If he does Conor might be in for a very short fight himself.

Hard to call. May the best man win.

Conor wins via superior movement, footwork and angles. Chips away at khabib, keeps him out.

It's a tough fight to call to be honest.

Something no-one is factoring is that McGregor has been out for 2 years. That is a considerably long amount of time away from MMA competition.

In those 2 years the level of MMA has jumped significantly without Conor being in the mix. If he think that everyone is still at the level they were at 2 years ago - that's a serious mistake to make.

Add to that - 2 years worth of cage rust. He's had no tune up fight prior to this one. We all saw the rust when Jon Jones came back after 1.5 years to fight St Preux. He didn't look his old self.

I think that Khabib definitely has his deficiencies in the striking area for sure - but I'm not so sure that it's as bad as people might think. I think his striking flaws might be a bit overstated as well as McGregor's perceived lack of grappling ability - I think that's also very overstated.

I think as well McGregor punching power at lightweight could potentially be overstated. Remember he's only had 1 fight at lightweight - against Alvarez - who notoriously gets dropped almost every fight. Against Conor he ate a lot of shots before being put out. So I'm not sure Khabib will get starched with one punch - of course there is always the possibility. But I think it more likely that if Conor does take out Khabib it will be similar to Alvarez - not one shot - but multiple punches over a round duration.

It will be interesting seeing how Conor tries to keep Khabib at distance. I'm expecting a lot of jabs, front kicks, knees and a lot of uppercuts.

In regards to Khabib - he's not particularly great at closing range without taking a bit of a lick. Something you don't want to do against McGregor. But I think Khabib may have the ability to get really low on Mcgregor - I'm thinking ankle pick low. I've noticed a lot that Mcgregor sits tall on a lot of his punches so there is always the opportunity to get under that left hand. But of course I think McGregor will expect this so he'll probably be throwing front kicks & knees to prevent this.

It's a hard fight to call because anything could happen. Khabib could get starched in round 2 or Conor could get mauled for 5 rounds.

It would be nice to see if Khabib will mix up his amazing gnp with a more diverse array of submission attempts. If he does Conor might be in for a very short fight himself.

Hard to call. May the best man win.
Khabib needs to draw out that left hand smack, and counter the counter (get in on his hips).

By their styles it's pretty 50/50, but seeing as khabibs dad had to talk him out of quitting a while back, and he's talking about quitting after this fight with Conor, I don't think khabibs as hungry as Conor. I originally was expecting khabib to take the belt, but now I'm leaning towards Conor.
How can a guy with a nine figure bank account be hungry? I got the will to smash other humans sucked out of me after I had children. Combine that with the big account, I’d be tranquil.

How can a guy with a nine figure bank account be hungry? I got the will to smash other humans sucked out of me after I had children. Combine that with the big account, I’d be tranquil.
You are not him.

Didn't you make an exact same thread in the Grappling Forum?
<[analyzed}>

That being said, I'm primarily a striker and I usually root for strikers but this time it's Khabib FTW.

Last edited:

It's either Conor by early KO or Khabib by UD.

Conor will be too proud to tap this time and Khabib wants to smash him and not let him off easy with a tap. I'm looking forward to seeing Khabib dominate for 5 rounds and I do hope the ref doesn't step in too early. If he does, Conor will instantly shout "early stoppage" and demand a rematch, not matter how much brain trauma he sustains.

It could happen if Connor puts kabib on queer street with a hard shot, yet still manages to survive.

Taking damage to the dome piece can spike your adrenaline and drain your tank faster. A hard shot from Conner could slow kabibs roll just enough for Conner to survive grappling exchanges with him.

This is the striking forum so I'm picking Conor.

Back