Conor still is the third greatest of all time

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Fedor
GSP
Conor

No one in the history of the UFC, other than Sakuraba in PRIDE, had balls to go up a weight class to fight a dominant champion, aside from BJ Penn, but even then, BJ Penn wasn't on paper such outmatched opponent against GSP, though he got his shit pushed in in that fight. Not to mention, he beat an all time great in Aldo, and he's doing it in an era of USADA.

He came off from a two year lay off, against the dominant undefeated champion in a weight class above, that was the worst match up on paper for him.

I mean, I am not really even a fan of Conor. But I have been into MMA long enough to see a greatness when I see one. People might criticize Conor, and I think it's fair that Conor definitely stepped over the line in his shit talking against Khabib, but if you ask me, it's Khabib who comes off more like a thug to me by far and it got nothing to do with his religion.

I thought Conor shouldn't take the fight. He did. He lost. Not sure where his career is headed, and I don't like his antics or anything, but he's a true fighter, and a true friend who flies across the world to back up his friend in need, which I think is pretty cool, I mean, how many milionaires do you know who would do that?

I think the hate for him has gone way overboard, and I think he's not nearly as bad as the haters say he is.

I think he's pretty far away from top 3 though. He's somewhere between 10-15 on my GOAT ranking

His 13 second KO of Aldo might be the best win any fighter has ever had, and his demolitions of Poirier and Alvarez are nothing to scoff at.

I think the top 3 for the foreseeable future is GSP, Jones, and Fedor. Obviously you can exclude Jones depending on your opinions of PEDs in MMA but I think his skills and resume make him #2 behind GSP

Fedor
GSP
Conor
SajQ1PzSoqT3fwuu3UkQ_Roof_Dunk_Fail.0.gif

Still? He never was. Threads like this are why people consider Sherdog a joke website in the mma world. Just troll city.

At least 3rd greatest. I’d personally have him at 2.

No one in the history of the UFC, other than Sakuraba in PRIDE, had balls to go up a weight class to fight a dominant champion.
2A46BFE7-8B80-482C-9985-2B238260C5DB.gif

Last edited:
GOAT debates are stupid. He's #1 in trash talk and ppv buys and that's probably the best he can hope for.

go up in weight = go to your real weight
dominant champ = guy who just won his first title

Fedor
GSP
Conor

No one in the history of the UFC, other than Sakuraba in PRIDE, had balls to go up a weight class to fight a dominant champion, aside from BJ Penn, but even then, BJ Penn wasn't on paper such outmatched opponent against GSP, though he got his shit pushed in in that fight. Not to mention, he beat an all time great in Aldo, and he's doing it in an era of USADA.

He came off from a two year lay off, against the dominant undefeated champion in a weight class above, that was the worst match up on paper for him.

I mean, I am not really even a fan of Conor. But I have been into MMA long enough to see a greatness when I see one. People might criticize Conor, and I think it's fair that Conor definitely stepped over the line in his shit talking against Khabib, but if you ask me, it's Khabib who comes off more like a thug to me by far and it got nothing to do with his religion.

I thought Conor shouldn't take the fight. He did. He lost. Not sure where his career is headed, and I don't like his antics or anything, but he's a true fighter, and a true friend who flies across the world to back up his friend in need, which I think is pretty cool, I mean, how many milionaires do you know who would do that?
Eddie wasn't a dominant champion, he hadn't defended the title once.

GSP, Anderson, Fedor, beat the best that was thrown at them time and time again, even once they aged they continued to test themselves.

Conor never had the drive to be the greatest, he took his money and disappeared instead of building a legacy

I don't blame him, if you don't need to get punched in the head for a living, don't.

He could have been one of the greats, but we'll never know

Back