Conor still is the third greatest of all time

Nope. Zero title defenses automatically eliminates Connor from any GOAT talk. Period. End of story.

3v8e1qkgvks11.jpg

LMAO. I've heard it all now o_Oo_Oo_O

tenor.gif

No. Just no.

Conor isn't top 10 all time from the standpoint of ability/skill. He is the p4p GOAT in the sport when it comes to promotion and selling fights though. And he has a very entertaining style of fighting -- at his weight he CAN beat anyone with one shot.

But he isn't above guys like Fedor or GSP or Nog or DC or Jones or Anderson or Askren or Bas or Vovchanchyn or CroCop or Dan or Khabib or Ferguson or Shogun or Hughes or Randy or Chuck or Moussasi.... I'm just gonna stop there. There are a lot fighters who are more talented. That's what matters most in the goat convo -- skill and ability.

He could prove me wrong. If he could beat Khabib or Tony it would be the biggest win of his career and he has a huge notch already with Aldo.

However, half of Conor's opponents don't have a wiki and in fights where he doesn't get a T/KO in rd1-2 he is 3-4. I'm a huge Conor fan though because his fights are very entertaining in the cage even if you take away all the promotional drama.

Fedor
GSP
Conor

No one in the history of the UFC, other than Sakuraba in PRIDE, had balls to go up a weight class to fight a dominant champion, aside from BJ Penn, but even then, BJ Penn wasn't on paper such outmatched opponent against GSP, though he got his shit pushed in in that fight. Not to mention, he beat an all time great in Aldo, and he's doing it in an era of USADA.

He came off from a two year lay off, against the dominant undefeated champion in a weight class above, that was the worst match up on paper for him.

I mean, I am not really even a fan of Conor. But I have been into MMA long enough to see a greatness when I see one. People might criticize Conor, and I think it's fair that Conor definitely stepped over the line in his shit talking against Khabib, but if you ask me, it's Khabib who comes off more like a thug to me by far and it got nothing to do with his religion.

I thought Conor shouldn't take the fight. He did. He lost. Not sure where his career is headed, and I don't like his antics or anything, but he's a true fighter, and a true friend who flies across the world to back up his friend in need, which I think is pretty cool, I mean, how many milionaires do you know who would do that?
You're comparing dominant champions who have 5+ title defenses with someone who has never defended a belt. Goat my butt.

Top 4 GOATs:
Fedor
GSP
Silva
Jones

Stop. Just stop.
There are 2 GOAT lists
W/ PEDS
Jones
GSP
Fedor
A. Silva
DC

Without PEDS
GSP
Fedor
DC

For either list ill take damn near any order of those fighters but thats my preferred order.

When Conor defends a belt we can talk.

He might be the third greatest FW of all time but p4p, no sir. Not even top ten rude boy.

FW GOAT: Conor
LW GOAT: Khabib
WW GOAT : GSP
MW GOAT: Anderson Silva
LHW GOAT: Jon Jones
HW GOAT: Fedor

I would be ok with a list like this but Khabib has to beat Tony first.

Absolute bullshit. Please educate yourself.

A GOAT with no title defense? Don't be a retard.

Randy couture did it way before Conor was a thing.

Fedor
GSP
Conor

No one in the history of the UFC, other than Sakuraba in PRIDE, had balls to go up a weight class to fight a dominant champion, aside from BJ Penn, but even then, BJ Penn wasn't on paper such outmatched opponent against GSP, though he got his shit pushed in in that fight. Not to mention, he beat an all time great in Aldo, and he's doing it in an era of USADA.

He came off from a two year lay off, against the dominant undefeated champion in a weight class above, that was the worst match up on paper for him.

I mean, I am not really even a fan of Conor. But I have been into MMA long enough to see a greatness when I see one. People might criticize Conor, and I think it's fair that Conor definitely stepped over the line in his shit talking against Khabib, but if you ask me, it's Khabib who comes off more like a thug to me by far and it got nothing to do with his religion.

I thought Conor shouldn't take the fight. He did. He lost. Not sure where his career is headed, and I don't like his antics or anything, but he's a true fighter, and a true friend who flies across the world to back up his friend in need, which I think is pretty cool, I mean, how many milionaires do you know who would do that?
BJ Penn did it twice..
Moved up from LW to beat Hughes...

Hendo also moved up in weight to KO Silva ...becoming a 2 weight champ in Pride

Randy...HW champ...LHW champ...HW champ...

1 GSP
2 Fedor
3 Silva
4 Jones
5 Demetrious
6 Couture
7 Penn
8-Aldo
9 Joanna
10 Rousey
11 Cormier
Than, you can put Conor where you want between 12 to 20.

Third greatest indeed, but you got the other two wrong.

#1 P4P GOAT : Jon "Bones" Jones
#2 Chael "The American Gangster" Sonnen
#3 Conor "The Notorious" McGregor

what a circle jerk , Conor will never be in goat discussions

Fedor
GSP
Conor

Khabib

Nate

Conor

Back