Conor still is the third greatest of all time

How many title defenses does the #3 GOAT have again?

Damn, they really laced proper 12 with hallucinogens huh

he's doing it in an era of USADA.

fighters get worse when they are not doing steroids and peds...level of competition is better when athletes are free to use whatever they want
you got better chances against clean lightweight than 300lbs guy who is full of drugs

He's got a handful of top 10 wins and 0 career title defenses.

So no, he's not in the top 50 of all-time.

Fedor
GSP
Conor

No one in the history of the UFC, other than Sakuraba in PRIDE, had balls to go up a weight class to fight a dominant champion, aside from BJ Penn, but even then, BJ Penn wasn't on paper such outmatched opponent against GSP, though he got his shit pushed in in that fight. Not to mention, he beat an all time great in Aldo, and he's doing it in an era of USADA.

He came off from a two year lay off, against the dominant undefeated champion in a weight class above, that was the worst match up on paper for him.

I mean, I am not really even a fan of Conor. But I have been into MMA long enough to see a greatness when I see one. People might criticize Conor, and I think it's fair that Conor definitely stepped over the line in his shit talking against Khabib, but if you ask me, it's Khabib who comes off more like a thug to me by far and it got nothing to do with his religion.

I thought Conor shouldn't take the fight. He did. He lost. Not sure where his career is headed, and I don't like his antics or anything, but he's a true fighter, and a true friend who flies across the world to back up his friend in need, which I think is pretty cool, I mean, how many milionaires do you know who would do that?

Hes not even the 3rd greatest FW

hes like matt serra with his one win over gsp

giphy.webp

• Impressive run of 6 wins at FW in the UFC
  • Wins FW title, never defends it and is stripped
  • Goes up and fights a guy 3 times his size, gets finished
  • Avenges loss to guy 3 times his size by decision (guy just happened to fight the majority of his career at LW)
  • Wins LW title in impressive fashion
  • Decides to fight retired boxer instead of defending title and is stripped
  • Is given opportunity to fight for LW title again, gets finished

Sure reads like the number three all time fighter resume {<hhh]

He's definitely the GOAT marketer of MMA, I will give him that. No one else is even close.

A. Conor didn't have much choice. If he wanted the belt, he had to fight the champion.

B. LW is Conor's natural weight class.

Roids allowed:
GSP
Fedor
Jones

No roids allowed:
GSP
Fedor
DC

Conor is within reach a win against khabib would have brought him close

Conor is for sure the GOAT one dimensional one move striker.
If you disagree, name someone who cant kick, and uses only arm and still managed to get 2 belts. Holding then would have been too much.

It's true that Khabib is not a natural lw, he constantly looks 1 weight class heavier than his opponents at LW, he dwarfed Al Iaquinta and MJ, and he clearly had size on McGregor (who was 171 lbs on fight night, that's about as small as you can be at LW). The dude missed weight 3 times at LW and was hospitalized/had seizures because of those huge weight cuts, half his fights were also at WW before the UFC, he's a WW who kills himself to bully smaller fighters, make no mistakes about it.

Nah, but Conor is right up there with Rousey in my opinion.
I know its in vouge to hate rousey, but she was a great champion with exciting fights. Always fought to finish her opponents, never pulled out, and defended the title about as many times as aldo in almost half the time frame.

1 GSP
2 Fedor
3 Silva
4 Jones
5 Demetrious
6 Couture
7 Penn
8-Aldo
9 Joanna
10 Rousey
11 Cormier
Than, you can put Conor where you want between 12 to 20.
Even though joanna is my favourite ever cruz should be just above her.

Fedor
GSP
Conor

No one in the history of the UFC, other than Sakuraba in PRIDE, had balls to go up a weight class to fight a dominant champion, aside from BJ Penn, but even then, BJ Penn wasn't on paper such outmatched opponent against GSP, though he got his shit pushed in in that fight. Not to mention, he beat an all time great in Aldo, and he's doing it in an era of USADA.

He came off from a two year lay off, against the dominant undefeated champion in a weight class above, that was the worst match up on paper for him.

I mean, I am not really even a fan of Conor. But I have been into MMA long enough to see a greatness when I see one. People might criticize Conor, and I think it's fair that Conor definitely stepped over the line in his shit talking against Khabib, but if you ask me, it's Khabib who comes off more like a thug to me by far and it got nothing to do with his religion.

I thought Conor shouldn't take the fight. He did. He lost. Not sure where his career is headed, and I don't like his antics or anything, but he's a true fighter, and a true friend who flies across the world to back up his friend in need, which I think is pretty cool, I mean, how many milionaires do you know who would do that?

206_Conor_McGregor_vs_Nate_Diaz.0.0.jpg
20160305102414_GettyImages513969822.JPG DpgfzCmWwAo-j9h.jpeg
All three of those bums no one cares about.

Back