Conor v The Grappler - The Great Illusion

I agree with you except Nate beat him up on his feet before choking a helpless, flailing, Conor out. Conor has a McGlass jaw and a tiny gas tank.

Nobody should take that fight seriously. It was the world's most lucrative exhibition match masquerading as a real fight. If Floyd would have taken him out in the second round, all hell would have broken loose because of the obvious ripoff. Floyd played it perfectly: the easiest $100 million he's ever made. Conor and Floyd scammed a bunch of morons out of their money. Good for them.
I said Nate outboxed Conor in a previous post. 100 percent Nates Ju Jitsu is his strong suit though boxing and cardio being 2nd and third. He has good boxing but is a slow starter. He always has to get hit to get going.

This is essentially a "Calling it now" thread in the hopes that you'll get some props if your prediction comes true.

You can't assume jack shit considering he's facing an undefeated fighter with a resume that looks like this:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Khabib-Nurmagomedov-56035

I called the Jose ko in advance and I called the Max destroying Jose (first fight) like the way it went also. I haven't created any other thread with prediction's to my knowledge. This isn't a props seeking thread, it's a fuck you to the haters.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/max-holloway-will-destroy-jose-aldo.3498289/ "I don't think he can handle the pace and gets stopped in the 4th" was close. Could also post my past post's that I expect Floyd to beat Conor but it will go longer than expected.

Jose was undefeated for 10 years going into that fight and faced far better competition. It's no rocket science.

Last edited:
I said Nate outboxed Conor in a previous post. 100 percent Nates Ju Jitsu is his strong suit though boxing and cardio being 2nd and third. He has good boxing but is a slow starter. He always has to get hit to get going.

Nate wins fights by boxing and finishes some of them with subs.

You know nothing, Nate's a boxer.

I want some of what ts is smoking

Conor is going to get killed and Khabib is leagues above any of the other grappler/midgets he's faced.

He'll take Conor down and drown him.

I called the Jose ko in advance and I called the Max destroying Jose (first fight) like the way it went also. I haven't created any other thread with prediction's to my knowledge. This isn't a props seeking thread, it's a fuck you to the haters.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/max-holloway-will-destroy-jose-aldo.3498289/

Jose wasn't undefeated for 10 years going into that fight and faced far better competition. It's no rocket science.

If that's the case man, kudos, I hope to fuck you're betting on these fights then because apparently you have a knack for fight predictions.

But frankly, it's hard to assume anyone is serious when they call a fight like this as a walkthrough against a fighter of Khabibs' caliber.

It's not even that I disagree with you on who wins, I have Conor finishing Khabib in the 3rd.

If Conor does not get the KO/TKO in the first, I have a feeling it will either be a very long night for him unless he taps.

Khabib should just pull a werdum vs fedor

Jesus Christ, this thread! At least we have some fucking sense in the war room. The cringe level here is insane. Conor could put him to sleep coming in, or Khabib could take him down and fuck his shit up. You fuckers don't know shit.

This is gonna be real fun as the illusion of this grappler mauling The Goat by the haters is delusional.

Nothing too technical needed here as I see it going like the Alvarez fight except even more emphatic. The grappler will be forced onto the back-foot and when he rushes in Conor will have the whole cage to slip back, circle and repeat the beating. The grapplers footwork will be his biggest downfall and there will be no takedowns. That's nada, none, 0 or however you want to put it. This is the worst possible matchup for the grappler, not the other way around. It will most likely be another TKO after 3 or 4 knock downs but could easily end in a straight KO. 5 minutes is a long time and there's no way the grappler last's that long. First round finish.

This is a total mismatch!
Khabib never faced anyone like Conor.. has padded record and will get KO'd bad.

I dont know, a lot could happen in a fight, I just never seen Khabib stopped, broken, badly hurt, or in any real trouble, while I've seen Conor break like a girl and quit several times when the going got tough so I'll go with Nurm.

ya this grappler thing is really weird imo. ppl have been imagning conor getting exposed on the ground from day 1. but the only person who beat him was a striker.

ya this grappler thing is really weird imo. ppl have been imagning conor getting exposed on the ground from day 1. but the only person who beat him was a striker.
he's been beaten by 3 people, all 3 by submission. Nate is tied for 3rd with Maia for most submission wins(9) in UFC.

I.e. he has been exposed on the ground, multiple times, by multiple different people.

EDIT: Didn't Conor also tap in less than a minute into a fight before?

I want some of what ts is smoking

Conor is going to get killed and Khabib is leagues above any of the other grappler/midgets he's faced.

He'll take Conor down and drown him.
I don't think he's smoking anything. Sounds more like brain damage.

This is gonna be real fun as the illusion of this grappler mauling The Goat by the haters is delusional.

Nothing too technical needed here as I see it going like the Alvarez fight except even more emphatic. The grappler will be forced onto the back-foot and when he rushes in Conor will have the whole cage to slip back, circle and repeat the beating. The grapplers footwork will be his biggest downfall and there will be no takedowns. That's nada, none, 0 or however you want to put it. This is the worst possible matchup for the grappler, not the other way around. It will most likely be another TKO after 3 or 4 knock downs but could easily end in a straight KO. 5 minutes is a long time and there's no way the grappler last's that long. First round finish.

This is a total mismatch!
You should be published

he's been beaten by 3 people, all 3 by submission. Nate is tied for 3rd with Maia for most submission wins(9) in UFC.

I.e. he has been exposed on the ground, multiple times, by multiple different people.

EDIT: Didn't Conor also tap in less than a minute into a fight before?
use your head please. he was already done before the sub that was just a formality. he got beat on his feet.

use your head please. he was already done before the sub that was just a formality. he got beat on his feet.
And the other two times? Use your head please. Think real, real hard now. Or do those not count for whatever arbitrary reason?

Dude how many wins does he have by sub again and how many by ko? How many times has been finished on the feet as can mpared to the ground? I am using facts while youbtalk our your ass. I guess you are all about assplay since you are this guys jock so hard. His stand up style is boxing but he is better ju jitsu guy. He can’t wrestle worth a fuck so he has to use his stand up to put people in situations for subs. Dude do you live with your mom?

I think anyone counting Conor or Khabib out is delusional. Khabib could very well get face-planted, and Conor could very well get mauled for a few rounds.

I do, however, think the discrepancy in skill is greater on the feet than it is on the ground. I'm not saying Khabib isn't a grappling monster, but I do think Conor is much more of a killer in his specialty. Khabib's fights are painful to watch because he's hitting the other guy while controlling him and there's nothing the other guy can do to stop him. Conor's fights, you have rewind and watch in slow-mo just to see what happened.

I've thought about this fight a lot. I still think it's 50/50 but I'm leaning a little toward Conor because Conor's tdd is underrated due to his sense of range, timing, and his footwork.
the ever elusive balanced sherdog analysis

<mma4>

Nate's a high level black belt in BJJ. Been training with Kron gracie ( son of Rickson) for the last 3-4 years as well so It's only continued to Improve. He Is a very legit grappler, along with being an excellent boxer.

Not sure what you're trying to argue here but It makes no sense.

I dont know, a lot could happen in a fight, I just never seen Khabib stopped, broken, badly hurt, or in any real trouble, while I've seen Conor break like a girl and quit several times when the going got tough so I'll go with Nurm.

Khabib look a bit shook when an exhausted Barboza landed a few shots late in the fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back