Conor vs Aldo is easily the best performance in MMA history

I'm not saying it's true, but was aldo cleared yet when they offered the rematch? He was knocked out then rda drooped out for Conor's next fight and Jose got a call and declined. It was smart of Aldo to decline it imo.
I also believe Aldo is the better fighter and Conor won that fight with mental warfare
Yes he was cleared he lost to conor in december and was ask to fight in march. He only got punched in the face once.

And lost it badly. Quit in a fetal position from strikes.
Came to Anderson fight at +263 underdog.

No, that wasn't "the best" upset. Not even a "good upset".
That was a weird fight and it was super close.
a2iT7cltwaJ9pWkw4cVi4nA6PZWjSQEFxw530IbI2ZzjpuwEOHtulYhor9XCWj7-nPqXfLEaQ5PCTAyg9P70O-qAHWIef5VmzA2PNpjgKwyu=w500-h235-nc

You act like you speak for all of us

Great champions defend. The prove they are better on one night, but they cement the performance by doing it again.

Sure, but i think this thread is discussing what the best performance is in a vaccum. Without external forces shaping public opinion

Andy vs Forrest is the best performance ever and it’s not close.

Super subjective topic.
I don't agree with your top pick, but would have to think on it for a while to come up with a list of my own.

you're kidding right?

Aldo literally lept into his fist with his eyes closed.

good on conman to capitalize, but best performance ever? Take the dick out your mouth

Prolonged beating for 2-3 rounds followed by a finish > 13 sec 1 punch KO.

Barnburner between 2 greats resulting in a finish > 13 sec 1 punch KO.

A quick KO often asks more questions than it answers.....see Cain v JDS. Connor's wins over Alvarez and Menes showed us more than the Aldo fight.

1. Conor vs Aldo
2. GSP vs Hughes III
3. Anderson vs Forrest
4. Cain vs JDS II
5. GSP vs Penn II
6. Jones vs Shogun
7. Dillashaw vs Barao I
8. GSP vs Fitch
9. Conor vs Alvarez
10. Fedor vs Nog II

Obviously it's not just how impressive the performance is to the naked eye, but also the quality of your opponent that is of an utmost importance in these discussions.

Not a big Conor fan, but sleeping prime Aldo that was undefeated for 10 years in 13 seconds is the most impressive victory by a longshot. It wasn't a fluke, but rather the result of years of training and talent + many months of calculated mental warfare that lead to this happening.

TS. Not a big Conor fan

TS Join date... Day after Conor gets his ass kicked.

Posts Ball sucking Conor threads

Gotcha bro

Don't think I can be personally because Forrest was fucking rubbish in that fight, one of the worst performances by a big name ever in MMA IMHO.

Andy's wins vs Franklin and Hendo are his best performances IMHO, that was more the real deal for me were as "the matrix" was always heavily based on hype I'd say.

Not even close, pee belt.

I hate Conor more than anyone.

If I was in a room with Conor, Hitler and Bin Laden and had a gun and two bullets I'd shoot Conor twice.

But to say his win against Aldo was "lucky" is just stupid and wrong.

There are no "lucky" punches in combat sports. They don't exist. What makes it lucky? Because it landed and hurt them? Why do you think people throw punches?

Conor stepped back and landed a perfect shot. Which is exactly what he intended to do. What part of that is "lucky"?

Forrest shouldn't have even been allowed in the cage that night. Guy was dealing with some major mental health issues at the time.

Best performance ever by a fighter, involving 2 highly ranked opponents is GSP over Frank Trigg, period. Total Dominance on GSP's part.

Conor vs Alvarez is definitely a close second I believe. I believe both those fights were flawless as well as the Leben fight with Silva.

Don't think I can be personally because Forrest was fucking rubbish in that fight, one of the worst performances by a big name ever in MMA IMHO.

Andy's wins vs Franklin and Hendo are his best performances IMHO, that was more the real deal for me were as "the matrix" was always heavily based on hype I'd say.

Well, how we've found out now, sometime later that the Xanax Forrest claimed he took due to nerves for the fight, might have effected his performance more than he thought it would have at that time.

Back