Conor vs Aldo is easily the best performance in MMA history

Conor was lucky and technical. You cant take his technique out of that, hes very precise with his left. And you also cant take his luck out of the equation. He will try this 1 million times again and wont make it.
Final part of the equation is aldo stupidity. Bum Rush with right arm down.
Conor got so overrated after this, good thing hes been exposed. He should not be even top 15 goats.

As quick as it was, Conor/Aldo was one of the most beautiful performances in the cage eva.

1 punch finishes do nothin g for me in terms of dominate wins. We have seen it way to many times in the sport, with a rematch going the complete opposite way. Definitely a good win, but to call a 13 second fight one of the best performances is a bit retarded.

Conor/ eddie can be on the list for sure though

Conor was lucky and technical. You cant take his technique out of that, hes very precise with his left. And you also cant take his luck out of the equation. He will try this 1 million times again and wont make it.
Final part of the equation is aldo stupidity. Bum Rush with right arm down.
Conor got so overrated after this, good thing hes been exposed. He should not be even top 15 goats.

This is embarrassingly ignorant or a sad attempt at trolling.
<LikeReally5>

1. Conor vs Aldo
2. GSP vs Hughes III
3. Anderson vs Forrest
4. Cain vs JDS II
5. GSP vs Penn II
6. Jones vs Shogun
7. Dillashaw vs Barao I
8. GSP vs Fitch
9. Conor vs Alvarez
10. Fedor vs Nog II

Obviously it's not just how impressive the performance is to the naked eye, but also the quality of your opponent that is of an utmost importance in these discussions.

Not a big Conor fan, but sleeping prime Aldo that was undefeated for 10 years in 13 seconds is the most impressive victory by a longshot. It wasn't a fluke, but rather the result of years of training and talent + many months of calculated mental warfare that lead to this happening.

Frankie Edgar was +500 against BJ Penn in his first fight. I made $10,000 that night. It was a good night and this fight definitely should have made your list.

Conor gets his ass whooped and yet his fans are stilll gloating about past shit for damage control

Forrest shouldn't have even been allowed in the cage that night. Guy was dealing with some major mental health issues at the time.
He got married the day after getting smoked by AS.

Don't think he was dealing with mental issues as much as he was just dealing with the stress of life.

It was a 13 second knockout.
The duration of the fight does not merit a performance at all.

Jose was broken, and Conor is the heaviest hitting 145'er

It was not a performance, it was a spectacle

All roids and asterisks aside, I think Jon Jones V DC 2 would be up there too. We've never seen DC loose nevermind finished at light heavyweight or heavyweight. And then in the fashion Jones did it, big head kick then chasing him around the cage to get the GnP. DC going up to heavyweight and KOing Stipe only adds to the value of Jones' win

No, I speak only for the clever ones.
9NAAo86mEVSFrUPEfK5ZcKVHiKOjCGCDUhvBWX-q_XqYHHf5mFj7MVLxfbca_6PR4hRQa-xj-WWlX2VbxfM4EwADMHLIAw8wlEDML-s2lUUNag=w480-h268-nc

1. Conor vs Aldo
2. GSP vs Hughes III
3. Anderson vs Forrest
4. Cain vs JDS II
5. GSP vs Penn II
6. Jones vs Shogun
7. Dillashaw vs Barao I
8. GSP vs Fitch
9. Conor vs Alvarez
10. Fedor vs Nog II

Obviously it's not just how impressive the performance is to the naked eye, but also the quality of your opponent that is of an utmost importance in these discussions.

Not a big Conor fan, but sleeping prime Aldo that was undefeated for 10 years in 13 seconds is the most impressive victory by a longshot. It wasn't a fluke, but rather the result of years of training and talent + many months of calculated mental warfare that lead to this happening.
Did you fucking whatch cro cop vs vand 2

Yeah the accidental headbutt that stopped the fight was awesome o_O

Also GSP cheated and greased against Penn. Not sure why that's on the list either.

TS is a noob

Even if he confused the rematch for the trilogy it still doesn't make sense.

This performance wasn't even better than what Conor did to Eddie Alvarez.

It was one punch. It was epic, well timed and perfect but that is not enough to call it a performance.

Yeah you’re a retard. It was a fluke win and Conor obviously doesn’t want to rematch Aldo because he knows.

Nah he got the fight cancelled and wasnt the undisputed champion the way he forced that interim title. He had a chance to get his rematch and said no dispite his "anywhere anytime" talk.

On top of all that, they did a huge press tour that cost lots of money, they basically marketed that fight for 9 whole months making it the biggest fight in ufc history to take place below ww, only for it to all end in 13 seconds made it almost impossible to market an immediate rematch. Aldos next fight was for a belt.

Of course when he won it, he said he refused to defend his interim belt. Aldo has never once really did the ufc a favour to step in and fix a card the only time i think was against zombie and that saved him from fighting pettis.
<mma3>

Gotta agree, TS. I like your list too. To have a super impressive performance, not only do you need to look levels better than your opponent, but your opponent must also be champion level. What made Conor's two title shots so impressive was that he clowned the #1 ranked fighter in the division with ease. I doubt we will ever see someone do to a fighter of Aldo's quality like Conor did. We would need someone like Gus to spinning head kick KO Juiced Jones in 10 seconds.

I also thought Brock over Mir was impressive too, as it was just an absolute fucking one sided terrifying beatdown over a great fighter in prime Murr. If Chael had made it out of the fifth vs Andy, that would have been up there too.

Back