Conor vs Aldo is easily the best performance in MMA history

How did he go from destroying Aldo and Alvarez, to getting destroyed by Khabib with so much ease.
Its like he went from being GOAT tier fighter, to becoming an amateur bum over 2 years

It wasn't a fluke because he called it. If I call 8 ball corner pocket and I get it, its no fluke.

My number one is dillashaw vs barao 1. I also think gsp vs bisping was a monumental win off a 4 year layoff. A finish in a division georges never fought in before, against a champion all while breaking the record for most ufc wins.

Garbrandt vs cruz is also amazing an undefeated prospect with 11 fights dominated cruz.
If I tell you I’m gonna win the lottery and I win it’s no fluke. Luck must have had nothing to do with it at all..

How did he go from destroying Aldo and Alvarez, to getting destroyed by Khabib with so much ease.
Its like he went from being GOAT tier fighter, to becoming an amateur bum over 2 years

He did better and took a lot less damage than MJ, Barboza, Al laquinta, and most of Khabib's opponents.

So you're insulting me but saying in a fan of the greatest fw of all time? I'll take it.

It wasn't just a loss, it was a ko loss dumb ass
I never once insulted you. Youre just sensitive which is how this whole thing started in the first place.

Let's welcome a new retard to the forum.

If I tell you I’m gonna win the lottery and I win it’s no fluke. Luck must have had nothing to do with it at all..
Yes yes because winning a random draw and throwing a punch are the same thing. Yes maybe there is some luck, but a lottery is completely luck based an no matter how hard you train to win the lotterty, it wont effect your odds of winning.

But solid attempt at an analogy though

Last edited:
Yes yes because winning a random draw and throwing a punch are the same thing. Yes maybe there is some luck, but a lottery is completely luck based an no matter how hard you train to win the lotterty, it wont effect your odds of winning.

But solid attempt at an analogy though
Your logic was “because he called it, it’s not luck”. I just gave you an example to illustrate that calling something doesn’t remove luck.

Remember how Conor said he was gonna choke Nate, KO Floyd, and KO Khabib?

Sounds like he got lucky. You know what they say about the broken clock.

Your logic was “because he called it, it’s not luck”. I just gave you an example to illustrate that calling something doesn’t remove luck.

Remember how Conor said he was gonna choke Nate, KO Floyd, and KO Khabib?

Sounds like he got lucky. You know what they say about the broken clock.
This was better than a first round ko. He said he sees himself getting the ko in the first exchange. It was even more specific.

This was better than a first round ko. He said he sees himself getting the ko in the first exchange. It was even more specific.
So? He was way off on other predictions. I mean he got choked against Nate himself, knocked down and lost against Khabib, knocked out vs. Floyd.

I’ve seen GSP - Serra, JDS - Cain etc.

This might be one of those, but Conor only wants rematches when he loses, so Aldo probably won’t get a chance to prove whether it was a fluke or not.

Although impressive getting a KO and doing it over Aldo in 13 seconds, that is nowhere near the most impressive performance. That’s just a case of a guy throwing a punch and landing it at the start of the fight. It wasn’t any sort of domination or beat down, it was the first punch thrown and it landed and got a finish.

Should we say Kid’s 4 second flying knee KO is the best ever? Cuz it ended the fight 3x faster than Conor.

Aldo vs Cub? He finished it in 8 seconds.

It was fucking flawless. This version of Conor might never be able to do it again.

So? He was way off on other predictions. I mean he got choked against Nate himself, knocked down and lost against Khabib, knocked out vs. Floyd.

I’ve seen GSP - Serra, JDS - Cain etc.

This might be one of those, but Conor only wants rematches when he loses, so Aldo probably won’t get a chance to prove whether it was a fluke or not.
Not true.he even said himself that he wanted to rematch after he beat. Him he stated this mulitiple times. but after the pullout he said he's not fighting him again, because he doesn't show up. You can say its ducking him or whatever if you choose, but he fought mendes on short notice while injured, aldo wouldn't do the same. So i atleast understand why conor snubbed him.

1. Conor vs Aldo
2. GSP vs Hughes III
3. Anderson vs Forrest
4. Cain vs JDS II
5. GSP vs Penn II
6. Jones vs Shogun
7. Dillashaw vs Barao I
8. GSP vs Fitch
9. Conor vs Alvarez
10. Fedor vs Nog II

Obviously it's not just how impressive the performance is to the naked eye, but also the quality of your opponent that is of an utmost importance in these discussions.

Not a big Conor fan, but sleeping prime Aldo that was undefeated for 10 years in 13 seconds is the most impressive victory by a longshot. It wasn't a fluke, but rather the result of years of training and talent + many months of calculated mental warfare that lead to this happening.

Lucky punch

Not true.he even said himself that he wanted to rematch after he beat. Him he stated this mulitiple times. but after the pullout he said he's not fighting him again, because he doesn't show up. You can say its ducking him or whatever if you choose, but he fought mendes on short notice while injured, aldo wouldn't do the same. So i atleast understand why conor snubbed him.
His injury vs Mendes was made up. If I recall, Conor talked about his "knee hanging by a 'tread' going into the fight" or something like that when he was criticized for shit takedown defense...but the injury never showed up in the medical suspension list. Conor was suspended 45 days for a cut eyebrow, but nothing to do with ACL/MCL or anything like that.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/...ns-rory-macdonald-could-be-out-for-six-months

That was particularly poignant because both Dana and Conor threw Aldo under the bus for legitimately having a broken rib, which is the reason Jose pulled out. Jose then posted an actual X-Ray, which Dana pretended was from an earlier injury...but Aldo had never taken a layoff due to a broken rib before.

TLDR: I call bullshit on Conor being injured before the Mendes fight, and extra bullshit on Dana and Conor both for talking shit about Aldo's legitimate injury.

Last edited:
Yet the number of rematches he's had after he beat someone is identically to his number of title defenses.

Since it ended with the first punch, and Aldo also landed on Conor is hard to put it in the 1st place, him beating Alvarez is more of a performance actually, dominated and stopped him, no fluke talk.

Or maybe just maybe Khabib is actually very good?

Back