Conor vs Floyd under K1 and Kickboxings potential.

A dying sport? Doesn't a sport have to be big in the first place for it to be considered a dying sport. I thought kb was one of those sports that's never been big in the US but has potential. Of course I know how unrealistic some of these ideas are but they were just examples. I still think KB could be big in the US if promoted well.

Too many ifs for it to be even considered. there is really no point for the UFC to majorly invest in the sport of kickboxing.

Sometimes I wonder if the "Most exciting combat sport" narrative that Glory is shouting, gets to the head of some in this forum.

Sometimes I wonder if the "Most exciting combat sport" narrative that Glory is shouting, gets to the head of some in this forum.
Ya that claim gets old. I like Kickboxing for its technical violence, but all fight sports have potential for exciting fights and shitty fights, Kickboxing included.

This isn't even comparable to Sittichai trying to go over with the American public. You are a certified idiot.
That comment was a reply to MMouse. He was talking about fighters needing to speak English and have a persona. I provided examples of fighters that dont have those. Not just in boxing. In mma too.

A certified idiot?? LOL Thanks.

That comment was a reply to MMouse. He was talking about fighters needing to speak English and have a persona. I provided examples of fighters that dont have those. Not just in boxing. In mma too.

A certified idiot?? LOL Thanks.
Yes and the United States has a huge Spanish speaking population so bringing up Spanish speaking fighters is a complete moot point.

Guys like Anderson Silva didn't sell well.

Ya that claim gets old. I like Kickboxing for its technical violence, but all fight sports have potential for exciting fights and shitty fights, Kickboxing included.
The interupting in kb isn't very good too often. Ref yells fight..tap tap..clinch...stop...wait for ref to come separate you...fight...repeat till round ends. blaablaablaa Kunlun Fight...but that's a big reason I like their rules when the ref imposes them properly. Fight the fuck out of it and don't just wait for ref to come stop and separate you all the damn time.

Canelo vs GGG?
All of the Pacquiao vs Marquez fights?
Oscar vs Felix Trinidad?
Pacquiao vs Cotto?
Pacquiao vs Oscar?
Pacquiao vs Margarito?

what he said

Boxing is a 100 year old sport that's been established in this country which also has a HUGE Latino following so the language barrier isn't really there.

This isn't even comparable to Sittichai trying to go over with the American public. You are a certified idiot.

Canelo vs GGG?
All of the Pacquiao vs Marquez fights?
Oscar vs Felix Trinidad?
Pacquiao vs Cotto?
Pacquiao vs Oscar?
Pacquiao vs Margarito?

lol pacquiao vs "money" mayweather outsold all of those

impossible to do but conor would lose

Yes and the United States has a huge Spanish speaking population so bringing up Spanish speaking fighters is a complete moot point.
Americas got a bit of everything. Including Filipinos that knew about Pacquiao before he was widely famous in the Philippines. America has people from all over. Even a fighter like GGG has kazakhstani crowds at his fights.

Guys like Anderson Silva didn't sell well.
He sold okay. Would of sold a lot more if he was an up and comer in this social media era. Head kicks flying around twitter. Still waiting for Pet to go viral after landing one of his smooth head kicks in Glory on some action movie type shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is really no point for the UFC to majorly invest in the sport of kickboxing.
Well they seem to be thinking about promoting boxing so the notion of change is floating around.

Who are you talking to? I'm right here. You dont need to say some in this forum as if you're throwing a hint out there and not replying to me directly.

Some in this forum don't know when to give it up...

Who are you talking to? I'm right here. You dont need to say some in this forum as if you're throwing a hint out there and not replying to me directly.

Because I don't mean you excluesivly. I already told you, you're fucking stupid more then once.

Ya'll complaining about those threads but this one still got more replies than any other recent new thread.

what do you think about Bruce Lee vs Conor (both in their primes)

who would win?

I've seen Bruce Lee demonstrate better ground game in his acting then Conor does in real life so its a wash..

id have to give it to Conor .. more power in the hands..

everything else seems like a wash..

If Conor and Floyd goes for a second fight,it would be one and only boxing,Floyd wouldnt fight MMA because there is no money to offer him and his sport is boxing,his made his name by being undefeated in it

Floyd is the A side on negotiation and conor is like the C side,it is floyd who show the options and not the UFC or Conor.

There is no way to promote kickboxing on US to create something big like you think for these points:

1) There is no good level kickboxing in USA.

2)No good kickboxing Athletes in USA,No way to compete against the kickboxing good level worldwide.

3)People from any country(especially USA) gets interested in a sport when there are good national representants,otherwise it cant generate interest for the giant casual public and market viability.

4)The way Boxing and MMA are promoted in US and haves success with it is because the country is a big potence in both sports and also the "WWE" way to promote fights with a lot of trash talking and narcissistic exhibitionism are a thing in there,Kickboxing fighters are not used to this "system" and a lot of them are not even 100 % fluent in english.

5) They couldnt Generate a big country attention when you have highy ranked athletes from all Europe,Asia,Some parts of africa and pretty much no americans-British guys.

6) It isnt economically safe to some org invest tons of money in it,the risk of it getting below of the expectations are obviously 100%, so it is a big waste of money.

7)They would have to try to develop "personality" of a lot highly ranked athletes from different cultures and it wouldnt work as expected, Boxing and especially MMA is not just about a fighting sports in US,is a lot about the "drama" and "what is going to happen when these to who hate each other fight in the ring"-.

8) Can you imagine this:

"I am going to tear his head off"
View attachment 294627

"I own Kickboxing"

IMG_4272.jpg

"We’re not just here to take part , we’re here to take over."

CymdF-YXUAIEJQ9.jpg

"I will kill this guy tomorrow"

Mladen-Brestovac-1.png

"I'll fight them all. Men, women, children, retared people it doesn't matter, if you hit me we're gonna fight"

allazov.jpg

"you are bum "

thumb_13377_fighter_main_pic_default.png

BWAahahahwhahbawahhaha that is all

That is a good one. Do they really not have any drama between fighters in the international kickboxing scene? The UFC drama seems forced. They try to hard to be boxing. I find it hard to take McGoat seriously. He has that tattoo on his chest. Its so obvious he wants attention.

Did the Klitscho Bros start out in KB? How about one of them vs Cormier, or Jones, or Weidman in sanshou rules?

BWAahahahwhahbawahhaha that is all

That is a good one. Do they really not have any drama between fighters in the international kickboxing scene? The UFC drama seems forced. They try to hard to be boxing. I find it hard to take McGoat seriously. He has that tattoo on his chest. Its so obvious he wants attention.
near to no drama compared to other combat sports,sometimes there is people trying to sell fights but it is pretty much never over the "i am going to knock this guy out" lines

Back