Conor vs Iaquinta... who wins?

joyce hacie

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Iaquinta did much better against Khabib and beat Kevin Lee.

He boasts amazing cardio, good wrestling/grappling and KO power for 5 rounds. Plus he's a real LW and we all know Conor is only a .500 fighter at LW his natural weight class.

If he could smother Conor in the first round and deplete his cardio I think he could knock him out standing.

Who do you think wins?

It'd be a good fight. Sadly, conor is never gonna fight someone like AL

I’d favor Conor but it would be competitive.

Who knows though. Conor may have already reached his ceiling and is too busy being rich and partying to fight at the top level.

Not even a competitive fight. Al is actually a small LW with limited offensive grappling, it would look like Silva vs Leben.

Conor hurts him early and smells the finish.

Al finds his inner Ferguson and somersaults and forward rolls to escape the punshiment.

Conor gasses trying to finish and Al slowly takes over. He secures a take down late in the fight and starts delivering pain.

Conor in desperation starts throwing illegal knees from the bottom and stuns Al. Herb gives a warning and Artem jumps over the cage and soccer kicks Raging Al.

Herb gives another warning” No outside help! I’m warning you!” Conor finishes Al.

Dana White rushes into the cage and names Conor the champ and says Khabib is stripped. Cruz compliments Conor on his brilliant game plan.

It's truly amazing on how you're as good as your last fight is in this sport. Again for the 246th time, epic unforgiving game ...

And as far as Iaquinta vs mcgregor- I'd be rooting for rag8ng Al but me knows better.
Al gets "sniper- ed" by left and slept by follow up hook.

Ragin Al all day.

'money can't buy heart'

Conor would be like: 'it's only real estate' by the third round.

Conor beats everyone at LW except tony and khabib

Conor would probably beat Pettis and anyone who only stand and bangs...any ounce of wrestling he will just panic tap...

Honestly I've felt Al has been pretty underrated by people for a long time, and never really understood the hate Khabib got for not finishing him or mauling him to peoples' satisfaction. All told he's not one of the easiest style match ups for someone like Khabib. Al's biggest weaknesses have been opponents who thrive in scrambles and find submissions, and Conor hasn't shown to be any kind of threat in those areas.

That said Al's defense on the feet isn't especially stellar, so there's still a good shot Conor catches him early and puts him away. At the same time, maybe Al can take Conor's shots since the only 155er that has really gotten blown up by Conor's power is Alvarez (who gets hurt in damn near every fight he's in). In the end I think it'd be an interesting fight and it might be up for grabs for either guy, but I'll favor Conor, especially if Al mainly focuses on standing (which I think he probably would).

Last edited:
Would be a good scrap. Think McG would get the stoppage.

If I were McG I'd be looking at a quick turn around fight, too.

Conor beats everyone at LW except tony and khabib
Think he struggles/loses to Barboza and Lee. Al is a tough fight for him too. Curious what a DP rematch would look like too.

I dont think Conor's position in the division is all that secure.

Back