Conor wasn't same after Mayweather

Dankoz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'll have to admit the truth. Conor is just a shadow of his former version. Hands are slow, movement is predictable and timing isn't there. Conor was on whole another level against Alvarez but money took over legacy. He made big mistake by taking a fight against GOAT boxer while talking ridiculous amount of shit about him. And what happen? He got smashed in terrible fashion, eating huge amount of strikes in last two rounds. And what he did right after? Went for two week holiday on Ibiza while his brains should be recovering from the fight.

I was blind enough to place 500 € on him against Khabib, without seeing the bigger picture and it was big mistake. He has been partying way too much and it is very unlikely that he would ever reach his prime again.

Floyd destroyed him physically and mentally.

Conor literally believed that stupid book “the secret”. Nate and Floyd beat the self belief out that boy lol.

Or it could be that Khabib is a different, and better, fighter than Alvarez, and Conor is pretty much the same? Seems like a more obvious reason to me.

And Conor was still the first fighter to win a round vs Khabib.

We don't really know how his striking looked at his best this fight. He didn't have a chance to try it out until the third round when he had already slowed down from being controlled the whole first round and being dropped and hit more times on the ground in the second. He's had issues with his cardio and that caused problems again but that's too bad because endurance is a huge part of the fight game.

His TDD and defense on the ground looked pretty good in the first round so he was obviously an improved fighter in that sense.

But yea, he looked tired and didn't look the same. It's because Nurmagomedov made his look that way.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be the same either if I made 100 million.

He's literally fought once since fighting Mayweather. Against a 26-0 wrestler.

You can literally glean nothing from this. If you think you have, you are a retard.

2 week holiday to Ibiza?

I thought he was partying for six months.

Not sure how alcohol and concussion and are related to each other, could be something to that I guess.

Conor arguably lost to Diaz twice before Mayweather.

Khabib would use Diaz to mop the floor.

No version of 23-4 Conor was ever as good as 27-0 Khabib

And when you stop fighting fighters smaller than you

Interdasting theory TS.

The reality is Khabib is just too good for him, any version of Conor loses to Khabib.

He made big mistake by taking a fight against GOAT boxer while talking ridiculous amount of shit about him.

Stopped reading here.

He made more money in that one fight than he likely would have in his entire career without it. I agree that Conor looked like he had some ring rust. That happens when you take a couple years off. However it also could just be because Khabib started dominating him with wrestling from the start. Your punches aren't as crisp when your gas tank isn't full.

That said, taking the Mayweather fight was the best career move any MMA fighter ever made. They are prize fighters. They fight for money.

When you get beat by the guy you have been swagger jacking for the last five years it’s a bad look. A well paid bad look.

Or it could be that Khabib is a different, and better, fighter than Alvarez, and Conor is pretty much the same? Seems like a more obvious reason to me.

And Conor was still the first fighter to win a round vs Khabib.

I don't think he won a round on the judges cards, which is what I meant. I'm aware that quite a few actually thought Khabib lost that fight.

I don't think that the Tibau fight was a robbery, but there's no way in hell that he won the third round.

Stopped reading here.

He made more money in that one fight than he likely would have in his entire career without it. I agree that Conor looked like he had some ring rust. That happens when you take a couple years off. However it also could just be because Khabib started dominating him with wrestling from the start. Your punches aren't as crisp when your gas tank isn't full.

That said, taking the Mayweather fight was the best career move any MMA fighter ever made. They are prize fighters. They fight for money.

Well it was good for his wallet but bad for legacy. He took ridiculous amount of damage in that fight.

Who cares dude the fight happened weeks ago.

I don’t think Floyd had an effect on him. I think it’s just a combination Of khabib being really good, really effective and a terrible stylistic matchup as well as Conor had been out of MMA a long time.

Could he have done better? Definitely but most likely he would always lose regardless

I'll have to admit the truth. Conor is just a shadow of his former version. Hands are slow, movement is predictable and timing isn't there. Conor was on whole another level against Alvarez but money took over legacy. He made big mistake by taking a fight against GOAT boxer while talking ridiculous amount of shit about him. And what happen? He got smashed in terrible fashion, eating huge amount of strikes in last two rounds. And what he did right after? Went for two week holiday on Ibiza while his brains should be recovering from the fight.

I was blind enough to place 500 € on him against Khabib, without seeing the bigger picture and it was big mistake. He has been partying way too much and it is very unlikely that he would ever reach his prime again.
Stop comparing khabib to alverz, khabib is way better than alverz why do Conor fans keep making this mistake?

Back