Conor wasn't same after Mayweather

Please, why should Conor not be the same after Floyd??

Because he got smashed so fucking badly. Did you watch the last two rounds? It was absolutely brutal what Floyd did to him.

If Conor had fought Khabib I would have predicted Khabib would win easily. The problem is that Conor beat enough good guys that I was hesitant to go all in for Conor. Conor is a guy I really dislike. I think as a human being he cares only about himself. I also acknowledge Conor is a master in getting inside someone's head. He didn't get inside Nate's head, because really I believe growing up Conor's trash talk was normal for him going up. He didn't get inside Mayweather's head because Mayweather really is mentally tough. He did get inside Khabib's head which is why Khabib jumped outside the cage after the fight. As for the fight itself I thought Conor's wrestling was not that bad. Conor's did take a round, but his boxing was not as sharp as it normally seems to be. That could be because the game plan was to weather the first two rounds and then go after Khabib. I think conditioning continues to be a problem for Conor. I also think mental toughness for Conor is a problem after the first two rounds. Conor showed some improved mental toughness against Nate in the second fight. But against Khabib I thought Conor decided there was no way he was going to win the fight so he simply gave up.

It's not a different McGregor. He looked the same vs Chad Mendes. The difference between Mendes and Khabib though is that Chad wanted to strike more, is smaller, isn't as good on the mat, and didn't have a training camp.

Conor looks great against guys like Alvarez who will throw out shitty, single strikes against one of the best counterpunchers in MMA history.

60 million after taxes after the Mayweather fight is the only thing happened. Thats what we call "fuck you" money.

Khabib is an excellent MMA fighter. He is not a striker, but his striking has been adapted to suit his grappling. Who is going to beat that? A striker with limited grappling experience? Yeah, no...

Khabib doesn't take too many risks on the feet, keeps his hands high, follows the opponent appropriately, levels changes and go for TDs when his opponent is thrown off. His hands are quick enough to catch a striker who is concerned about the grappling, then he mixes it up and dives for the legs.

If anything, he's more of a complete fighter than most. Nothing in Conor's resume suggested he had an ability to win against a fighter like that.

nope he just never was gonna beat khabib it is no surprise the last time he fought a wrestler was one of his toughest fights

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

TanDeepIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

I'll have to admit the truth. Conor is just a shadow of his former version. Hands are slow, movement is predictable and timing isn't there. Conor was on whole another level against Alvarez but money took over legacy. He made big mistake by taking a fight against GOAT boxer while talking ridiculous amount of shit about him. And what happen? He got smashed in terrible fashion, eating huge amount of strikes in last two rounds. And what he did right after? Went for two week holiday on Ibiza while his brains should be recovering from the fight.

I was blind enough to place 500 € on him against Khabib, without seeing the bigger picture and it was big mistake. He has been partying way too much and it is very unlikely that he would ever reach his prime again.

That's funny, cos alot of Conor fans were saying the boxing training/fight with Floyd made Conor the best version he'd ever been.

No khabib made him look that way.

Set up conor and alvarez again and we'll see conor finish him quickly and his fans guzzle over conors balls

Because he got smashed so fucking badly. Did you watch the last two rounds? It was absolutely brutal what Floyd did to him.
Not enough beating for career changing

Watch the fight and tell me those are valid scorecards.

I know man, I watched the fight back then and I expected it to go for Tibau as well. But that's like telling in soccer that the last goal was actually off-side. Even when it was, they lost the game. So 30-27 is the result of that fight. The first round Khabib lost on a scorecard was against Conor.

Back