Conor win over Aldo was a fluke

DespicablePeep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone agree on this? The more I see how Conor career played out I think he was so damn lucky against Aldo. I think Aldo has the better cardio, kicks and clinch and he would easily wear Conor down with kicks and even take the fight down if he wanted.

No wonder the UFC and Conor never wanted a rematch

khabib win over conor was actaully a fluke. If conor came better prepared he would have gotten khabib out of there in less than 2 rounds. Khabib is too flat footed and only has takedowns from the clinch.

It wasnt a fluke
He countered an obvious flaw in Aldos game after mentally getting into his head.

I'm one of the biggest Aldo fans on this site.

I wouldn't call it a fluke, but I'm almost certain it would play out differently if they had a rematch, at the very least it would last longer.

Conor basically pissed on Aldos career sending him into a downward spiral from as soon as the fight was announced.

giphy.gif

If you land your signature counter punch - that you've used throughout your career - to land a KO blow, and you're known for KO'ing guys, its not a fluke.

If he did a apropos of nothing spinning kick and it landed ending the show it would be a fluke.

We can say its statistically rare that he would land that shot so early in the fight, but that could just be as simple as Aldo made a critical error right out of the gate by fighting so emotionally.

Aldo lost his composure and Conor took advantage of it.

also is sloppy and his cardio isn't anywhere near what it used to be..

If anyone deserves the rematch it's Holloway .. Conor don't want that beating ..

TS doesn't know what fluke means.

Hmmmm not really a fluke, Conor won outside the cage and just finished it inside. A rematch may go differently but I would still favor Conor slightly in the rematch.

Conor basically pissed on Aldos career sending him into a downward spiral from as soon as the fight was announced.

Not true.

Aldo looked spectacular fighting Edgar after and beat him more cleanly then their first match. He looked sharp, in great shape and dialed in.

You are discrediting just how good Max Holloway is and the historic run he's on right now.

I wouldn't call it a fluke, but I'm almost certain it would play out differently if they had a rematch, at the very least it would last longer.

Tons of fights play out different after a first round KO.

JDS/Cain
BJ/Uno
DJ/ Cejudo
Aldo/Mendes (same winner but competitive compared to the first fight)

In a reverse way ... Machida/Shogun. SUPER competitive first fight ... FAST KO in second.

Last edited:
Max proved that it weren’t.

Aldo got destroyed by the first 2 elite strikers he faced

Conor stepped into the cage to knock out Aldo and that's what he did.

there's dressing room video of him moments before the fight practicing the exact sequence he used to break Jose's face, sorry bruh no fluke. just ownership of another mans soul.

Yes , although fluke is a little strong

I def think if they fight 100 times , Conor isn’t winning 40+ that’s for sure.

Conor had ONE way of winning. And that was it. Aldo has tons of options.

Conor got “lucky” he clipped him that early.

Conor’s also lucky IVs allowed him to go into nazi concentration camp mode and be the only 170 pounder fighting manlets

Back