Conor win over Aldo was a fluke

It wasn't a fluke, it was destiny. The stars were aligned. Conor was untouchable in those days, he had everything going for him, it seemed he could've beaten anyone by whatever he wanted. When you look at it now, his rise to stardom was such a powerful thing for the entire mma scene, I will always respect the guy. Aldo stands much better chances in a rematch than back then. Conor would've won that fight anyhow, it happened in 13 secs, unfortunately for Aldo.
this, except for the "whatever he wanted" part. Conor has 1 striking move - his left. No elbows, rights, kicks, zero. Thats even more impressive, look how far he went even having that limited arsenal. Aldo didnt take the threat serious enough and fought like an idiot.
Even so, even if aldo kept the distance, conor would have the edge for his reach and power/timing, agree with you on this.

this, except for the "whatever he wanted" part. Conor has 1 striking move - his left. No elbows, rights, kicks, zero. Thats even more impressive, look how far he went even having that limited arsenal. Aldo didnt take the threat serious enough and fought like an idiot.
Even so, even if aldo kept the distance, conor would have the edge for his reach and power/timing, agree with you on this.
I remember going for a run with my old, 60 years old boxing coach a couple of days before Conor vs Aldo. I was convinced Aldo was going to chop Conor's legs, and finish him. The old guy said "no way Aldo wins, it's Conor's time now. I don't know how, but he won't lose". He was right. Aldo made the worst mistake he could've made. Sometimes things seem as if they're destined to happen. Would love to see them again at 155, though.

I remember going for a run with my old, 60 years old boxing coach a couple of days before Conor vs Aldo. I was convinced Aldo was going to chop Conor's legs, and finish him. The old guy said "no way Aldo wins, it's Conor's time now. I don't know how, but he won't lose". He was right. Aldo made the worst mistake he could've made. Sometimes things seem as if they're destined to happen. Would love to see them again at 155, though.
Considering Aldo's history and record in the sport, yeah he deserves that rematch. Lets hope that it happens sooner than later.
Im an Aldo fan, but IMO its 50/50 but only IF Aldo can keep his mind on. Bum rushing would most likely get him koed again.

I don't think it was a fluke. He got inside Aldo's head to make sure he came out raging and made that mistake. Conor was just accurate enough on that occasion to land it and KO him. I don't think it would be a highly repeatable thing, but he did it when it counted.

I don't think Conor is a better fighter, but he was better at following his own game-plan on that particular occasion, which is all that counts.

As for a rematch....I doubt it will happen, for a number of reasons on both sides.

I don't like Conor much at all, but credit where credit is due, at least in my opinion. Doesn't make me right.

I wouldn't call it a fluke, but I'm almost certain it would play out differently if they had a rematch, at the very least it would last longer.

You can say the same for any fight that short.

i'm a conor hater and i want to call fluke, but in reality it was a meltdown on aldo's part. the last thing he needed to be doing was charging into conor's wheelhouse like an enraged bull and that's exactly what he did.

aldo made an immediate major mistake and conor capitalized. when a counter striker connects cleanly he's just doing what he's supposed to.

in a way you could call the fight itself a fluke, as i can't imagine future fights going the same way.

khabib win over conor was actaully a fluke. If conor came better prepared he would have gotten khabib out of there in less than 2 rounds. Khabib is too flat footed and only has takedowns from the clinch.
hold your breath until it makes you stop posting.

I know sports math doesn't work, but Aldo was also TKO'd by a guy Conor beat easily. I don't understand why people cannot separate their hatred for Conor and his actual performances.

I know sports math doesn't work, but Aldo was also TKO'd by a guy Conor beat easily. I don't understand why people cannot separate their hatred for Conor and his actual performances.

How about a green fighter to someone in their 27s, Max is not the same fighter and would mop the floor with Conor. Its not hate for the fighter its knowing he was lucky. If they fight again 10 times conor might win one or two and thats it.

MMA fans are retarded and Sherdog posters like to share the poor content inside their brains.

Aldo is the GOAT. It was a fluke, no matter how much you play Conor rehearsing that move. Every fight has a guy coming in rehearsing moves...he probably rehearsed a whole arsenal against Khabib.

It was caused by conor getting into aldos head and aldo fighting mad. Had he not been pissed off and rushing forward like a fool he probably would have won. He had to know prior to the fight that taking conor down was the best gameplan.. But he wanted to punch conor in the face for all the insults. It worked against aldo and others not so much vs khabib. Aldo needed to stay disciplined so it was not a fluke because conor talks his crap for that very purpose.

Conor is known for being a great counter puncher he countered aldo and ko'd him, not a fluke.

It was caused by conor getting into aldos head and aldo fighting mad. Had he not been pissed off and rushing forward like a fool he probably would have won. He had to know prior to the fight that taking conor down was the best gameplan.. But he wanted to punch conor in the face for all the insults. It worked against aldo and others not so much vs khabib. Aldo needed to stay disciplined so it was not a fluke because conor talks his crap for that very purpose.
Aldo always does that it's just that his other opponents can't counter like Conor does

No. Aldo was offered a short replacement fight on 2 weeks notice. Diaz & Cowboy were the only ones who accepted while Aldo wasnt ready and Edgar was injured. That's not the same thing.
But didn't Aldo say anywhere anytime for the rematch?

Back