Conors assesment of the fight

Conor's preparation is always so fucking bad. No boxing coach against Mayweather, no good wrestler for Khabib, and he, by his own words, didn't even train stand up... wtf? How fucking stupid is that? Even if he doesn't respect Khabib's stand up, he should still absolutely, no question, train stand up and counters to keep his timing sharp, because that counter is his one way to win. But he didn't, and instead gets fucked up by a wide, looping right hand that was begging to be countered. A right hand that was something Conor should've been waiting on to capitalize.

He could('ve) be(en) really good with a great coach and gym that pushed him and made him prepare smartly.

Man it would be epic if he fought Kevin Lee or Tony.

That said, this probably means Nate because we are still playing that game where we pretend Nate is a top LW

I wanted Khabib to beat Conor and I knew he would beat Conor comfortably but I was surprised with the fight contrary to popular opinion. After the fight and now this I feel 100% Conor beats 100% Khabib. I just don't like Conor nuthuggers and Conor's personality but nowadays Conor haters have become worse so I want Conor to win in the rematch also. After that fight I could tell Conor is a better fighter than Khabib although he got beat bad. In-shape Conor would demolish the Conor that fought Khabib that night.
E405F26F-5B55-46AE-A124-BADAEFB94B38_jpeg.jpg

For fuck’s sake please fight someone other than Nate!
Tired of the same fucking narrative.

Striking wise he was far worse. His timing and movement were way off and his story here tells us why. Anyways, when Conor beats Khabib in the rematch, I will try to defend Khabib against those Conor nuthuggers who will claim Khabib is a can etc. and you will be nowhere to be found.
ndgoqr8sunvy.jpg

What’s the big deal. Delusion got him here. It’ll keep him here.

i'm always pissed when people scream "excuses" any time a fighter gives their opinion on why they lost. i mean come on, they stick a mic in front of everyone and ask them what went wrong, and unless the guy says "he beat the shit out of me", it's always called an excuse. that's stupid, and i actually do want to hear what guys really think about their fights. this isn't that, though. look at the wording of that shit.

khabib only won the first round from a "sport" perspective, and from a "fight" perspective conor won. he conveniently forgets that in a fight perspective, the round doesn't end. it just goes on with khabib putting the presh on him.

in the second round khabib was "blessed" with a right hand. no, motherfucker, he hit you on the chin and dropped your ass to the mat. was conor blessed with a left hand on aldo? get the fuck out of here. and after dropping him, khabib "disengaged", lol. he picked him up and slammed him, then proceeded to beat the living shit out of him. that's about as far from disengaging as it gets. in fact, he was engaging him so much, i would've expected the ref to stop that fight if it was anyone other than conor getting his face bashed in.

of course he says he didn't prepare for stand up at all. he also didn't prepare for ground offense, or conditioning. so what exactly did he prepare for?

he will be back "fully prepared", again insinuating he wasn't prepared this time.

he also forgets to mention that he grabbed the fence several times, stuck his fingers in khabib's gloves, kneed him in the head when they were both down, and held his shorts several times. he fought a dirty fight and got owned, and now he's trying to make it seem as if he didn't get dominated and finished.

Well. As annoying as this post is, the one solace I take from it is how clueless it is. Meaning, if he truly believed this garbage, and trains for a rematch with this as the blueprint, then he is going to get beaten even worse the second time. So for his own sake I hope this is more of his stupid schtick to save face, and not his actula evaluation of the mauling he was handed

You don't have to dance around saying "This guy did this extremely well. He is a good fighter" to sell a rematch. Saying well played is not that. Especially when he's not giving Khabib credit for his actual skill. Just saying that it was a mix of luck and bad prep. That's not giving credit. I'd honestly have been instantly sold if he was more objective about it. It would have made me confident that he would make the right changes. This did the opposite for me.

But that's just like my opinion, man. If it doesn't bother you than cool. I just don't care for this kind of stuff for personal reasons

Agreed.

He hardly gave any praise to Khaib's skill. He was looking excuses.

He really doesn't want the rematch. Dana will come out saying he wants the rematch for Conor's ego. But he wants no part of Khabib ever again.

Imo he is afraid of Khabib. Fighters do get scared, they are human after all. Especially fighters that lack heart.

Really? Was Khabib just supposed to box Conor because that was a boxing match or an MMA match? What are you talking about?
You mean employing excellent strategy? Taking him down, tiring him, eliminating stand up danger, and setting up a great second? Yeah Conor truly won the first round in fighting spirit. I don't know whether to laugh or feel bad for Conor after reading this .and for those that claim Conor doesn't care and is just happy to be partying and spending money, I think this is evidence that that couldn't be more wrong

Of course he isn't humble before a fight, thats a pretty rubbish way to hype a fight.
What really matters is how people act after a fight not before.

What you call excuses I'd call reflective analysis of the fight. Conor is usually very fair with his assessment, one of the reasons for his success is he is very good at pin pointing what he did wrong and how he could correct it in the future.

Except that this was a terrible analysis. If he goes back to the drawing board believing this crap then he's not going to make any progress and khabib will beat him even worse than the first time

What I got out of that was a possible rift between him and his coaches....stating he knows better basically.

Other than that it was a pretty good self assessment as fighters never truly admit defeat. Haters want to talk like he was beaten to a pulp....but in reality he was outwrestled and gassed. But there is no talking his way out of tapping to a neck crank.

Kinda agree but I think he would still land some good shots after the first round instead of receiving bad ones if he was not way off with his striking. Don't get me wrong I favour Conor slightly in the rematch, Khabib can still get it but the reality is not like what most of the people here think. Khabib was not that dominant and Conor was not 100%.
are-you-blind-1sx60k.jpg

He literally says Khabib won round 1 due to his top position and how that’s scored in the sport, but of course you just wanted to fish for likes
And a touchdown is more points than a field goal. But to a kicker, it's harder to kick a 50 yarder than a 1 yard TD run, but I've never heard any kicker say "in spirit bla bla bla". It's embarrassing that he even typed that .and even more insulting if he expects us to believe/accept this. Yawn

Before fight: Trained everything

Fight result: Loss

After fight: Didn't train everything

He gave a very honest assessment so of course the haters' heads all explode. The irrational and self destructve hatred of Shertards is eerily similar to that of whacked out libs with Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Back