Conors fighting Tony next otherwise they would have took his belt by now

clivers

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The only reason they would let him keep the belt this long is because they know the fight vs Tony would sell more if it was a champion vs champion fight. They have obviously told Tony already which explains his latest postings hinting towards it.

There is no other reason they would let him keep the belt this long other than to big up the next fight. I'm almost 90% sure Conor vs Tony happens this year within the next 6 months.

Probably will happen, but this is pure speculation on your part, remember that.

"No other reason"....I've dealt with conspiracy theories for years, bud........I've heard that before.

No, the reason why they haven't stripped him is because they like having him in a champions contract that renews itself.

They didnt take his FW belt until he fought twice at WW and once at LW

Were a long ways away before Conor fights in the UFC again or before hes officially stripped

Doubt that they would strip him. The UFC is a circus. And Conor is the lead clown.

Tony tweeted that he thinks a unification with Conor is going to happen around March or April.

No, the reason why they haven't stripped him is because they like having him in a champions contract that renews itself.

That's also not true -- because if they were 'trapping' Conor in his contract, he'd just vacate the title. Trust me Conor only cares about money and fame. If vacating the LW title would free him up to do other things, make more money, and become more famous, he'd do it.

Both Conor and the UFC benefit from his champion status. Whether it's a fight vs Ferguson or another boxing match, Conor sells more tickets as a "UFC champion".

i dont think so. Even if he fights Nate, it sells more if it's a championship fight.
They're letting him keep the belt because they let him do whatever he wants, and he wants to keep the belt.

Conor is after cheddar, plain and simple. As said above, he's turned into a clown. He's losing fans by wanting to box again.

Tony tweeted that he thinks a unification with Conor is going to happen around March or April.
It inspires a little hope but remember that Khabib was supposed to fight Eddie.

Until it's made official I won't hold my breath.

Until a contract is signed, nothing is certain

Conor is a pussy.. now that his boyfriend Nate is gone, he can’t get the gatekeeper trilogy that he was longing for.. he will never fight in the UFC again

They aren't taking anything. He's his own mark that's out of control. The suits who took over probably didn't know Lorenzo was going to blow his brains out on a private jet because McGregor wouldn't shut up. They reached the top with Ronda, Mac and somewhat Jones..and they all bailed. They knew USADA was going to make the business suffer and I believe it has. Not saying it can't be brought back but it's dreary.

You actually believe that WME or Dana has any control of Conor?

You must believe in Santa Clause too.

They aren't taking anything. He's his own mark that's out of control. The suits who took over probably didn't know Lorenzo was going to blow his brains out on a private jet because McGregor wouldn't shut up. They reached the top with Ronda, Mac and somewhat Jones..and they all bailed. They knew USADA was going to make the business suffer and I believe it has. Not saying it can't be brought back but it's dreary.
I've seen this thread 3xs in the past 2 days

the fight may or may not happen next - the stuff you brought up isnt really a good indicator - anything is up for grabs - i agree that the biggest fights for conor are either ferguson or woodley - i wouldnt be surprised if they booked woodley conor either - title fights make sense - the ufc would never strip conor of all belts though, that belt in his hand helps a lot w promotion

Back