Consensus on American Horror Story?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
As someone who has seen every season its really hit and miss for me.

Seasons I liked
Asylum
Coven
Hotel

Seasons I didnt like
Muder House

Seasons that were in between
Freak Show

Not Ranked
Roanoke- Reason I didnt ranked this is because I really dont know if I liked it or not lol. It was so out there...i know thats the point of the show but this last season took it to the next level

All in all, good series. Looking forward to cult

I tried watching it. Parts of season 1 and 2. Found it really boring.

The show is boring as fuck. I've only ever finished the 1st season, which was dog shit, and can't get more than 2 episodes into any other season.

I liked Freak Show it was the first one I watched and liked Hotel I didn't care for Roanoke haven't watch anyothers

I liked the first two, started the third and thought fuck this shit.

I watched Murder House and parts of Freak Show and Coven. I think the thing that I like most about it is the "one and done" concept. As a big Ryan Murphy fan, I'd say his biggest flaw is starting well and then going off the rails before coming back to square one and expecting the audience to be okay with it. Nip/Tuck had that problem. Glee had that problem. You could see it about to happen with Popular. With AHS, it can only get so far because of the format.

I like the horror genre so I try to tune in and watch. But every season has a strong first two episodes then gets muddled down with shitty writing and just ends flat.

All style no substance. Clearly written by some west Hollywood :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s. It's TA is women and gay men.

I think I only liked the second season. The rest were crap.

Someone on here told me that first half of the seasons are good and the second half sucks

He was fucking spot on about the last season

My problem with this series, is that it's just too Hollywood. It's something your teenage sister might find scary and disturbing.

Hung with it until the witch season, which was just unbearable. First season was alright, but the charm wore off fast. Second season was boring. Third season, which was the witch season, was just terrible.

I caught glimpses here and there of the Freakshow season, and just gave up on it.

Overall, it's kinda shit.

It's not a horror show - it's actually an in depth character study type of show. Jessica Lange, Kathy bates and Angela Bassett are fucking amazing, and if you follow their characters closely in any season you'll be amazed at what you see.

If you want cheap thrills like a saw movie then yea, it won't ever meet that low of a bar.

Kathy bates in coven is one of the best villains I've ever seen on tv. She gives a monologue towards the end of the season that is outright terrifying and incredible.

The show has taken a big dip without Jessica Lange. Hotel was a pile of hot garbage and lady Gaga is a joke as am actress. Utterly laughable she won a golden globe for that, some major backdoor dealings went down for that. Roanoke was ok but nothing amazing, it was fun for a few episodes and got repetitious quick.

Murder House was awesome. Everything else sucked until the start of Roanoke and that ended terribly.

I've tried watching the first season twice, but can't get past the first few episodes.

Horror is a hard sell on the television format.

Only shows I can remember that did it right were "The Twilight Zone" and "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" (with a shoutout to the rest of the '90s kids horror series, ala "Goosebumps", "Eerie Indiana", etc).

Watched a few episodes of the first season, thought fuck this shit it's garbage and never looked back.

The first two seasons were okay, everything after is ranked between average to atrocious. I couldn't even finish last season.

First season was decent. Second season wasn't terrible after a couple episodes but also not enough to keep me invested. Haven't attempted any subsequent seasons.

Season 1 was garbage. Never made it past that...

I dont like how they use the same actors and actresses just recast in different roles. It breaks the immersion of the show. You get used to a person in a certain role, then the next season the same person is playing a completely different role and I cant stop thinking about them in the rolwe they last played....

I enjoyed the season where the reporter gets trapped in the asylum. The rest of the seasons were very mediocre to completely unwatchable (the school for witch season)

It always starts out great and then gets worse and worse. I enjoyed Coven and Hotel the most. Still haven't watched whatever last season was called with Cuba Gooding.

Back