Conservatives falling for their own fake Antifa accounts

nac386

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I noticed this morning that people were posting pictures from obviously fake Antifa accounts without realizing that they were fake. This strikes me as odd, since you don't really have to lie about anything in order to mock Antifa.

But apparently several conservative media outlets were also being fooled by fake Antifa accounts. The Gateway Pundit, Independent journal Review, and Townhall have all quoted fake accounts in their articles in the last several days.

So just a heads up, check your sources before posting it.

Here is an example:

https://twitter.com/antifaboston?lang=en

These fanatics don't just want to silence, censor and attack Nazis or Fascists. It is anyone who is not them (i.e the vast majority of people)

DHr36ftXUAEsVRd.jpg

Why don't some of you get this? WTF is wrong with the people defending this shit?

^ An example of a fake account being used to stir up outrage.

They are definitely spoofing ANTIFA, that doesn't mean ANTIFA doesn't actually believe this shit.

^ An example of a fake account being used to stir up outrage.

How do you know they are fake?

Not saying you are wrong, I just wonder how it could be determined.

I noticed this morning that people were posting pictures from obviously fake Antifa accounts without realizing that they were fake. This strikes me as odd, since you don't really have to lie about anything in order to mock Antifa.

But apparently several conservative media outlets were also being fooled by fake Antifa accounts. The Gateway Pundit, Independent journal Review, and Townhall have all quoted fake accounts in their articles in the last several days.

Here is an example:

Isn't it a bit ironic that idiots like @klnOmega and @TheStruggle are now creating their own fake news to fall for?

I've said before you don't have to dig far to see the tactics and strategy of the Alt-Reich.

_97505474_4chan.png

Did you look at the twitter link at the votto of the op? Its written literally like what "antifa " sounds like in a WR rightie's head.

How was it determined that this is a fake antifa account?

Did you look at the twitter link at the votto of the op? Its written literally like what "antifa " sounds like in a WR rightie's head.

I just read a bit further down, definitely a parody account.

Here is an example:

It's part of the concerted effort of the Alt-Reich to create a false equivalency with their political opponents. That's why they lie.

I've said before you don't have to dig far to see the tactics and strategy of the Alt-Reich.

_97505474_4chan.png

I'm on my phone so that pic isn't making much sense to me. Also not a 4chan guy.

I'm not here to call bullshit I just really want to know how people can discredit a Twitter account, or find out if one is "fake".

I'm on my phone so that pic isn't making much sense to me. Also not a 4chan guy.

I'm not here to call bullshit I just really want to know how people can discredit a Twitter account, or find out if one is "fake".

If you have an 8th grade level bullshit detector and you read through the posts on the twitter account, it's obviously fake.

I can see this is a parody account, but the op makes it seem like there are multiple cases of this happening.

Aside from an overt case like the 1 in the link, I'm wondering how fake accounts can be spotted.

How was it determined that this is a fake antifa account?

https://gizmodo.com/the-right-is-falling-for-its-own-fake-antifa-accounts-1798287977
https://gizmodo.com/the-right-is-falling-for-its-own-fake-antifa-accounts-1798287977
AntifaChecker—a project which seeks to verify real antifa groups and out fake ones (of which there are many)—claims that “as far as we know, there are zero legitimate organized Antifa groups in Boston,” and told Gizmodo over Twitter DM that “fake accounts aren’t ever really ‘effective’ to anyone with a modicum of awareness, but they’ve mostly been effective at stirring up shit with people who already hate antifa.” Back in March, the duo behind the fake @AntifaBoston account were identified as trolls living in Eugene, Oregon by Eugene antifa.

I can see this is a parody account, but the op makes it seem like there are multiple cases of this happening.

Aside from an overt case like the 1 in the link, I'm wondering how fake accounts can be spotted.

The link I just posted above this reply has more examples.

If you have an 8th grade level bullshit detector and you read through the posts on the twitter account, it's obviously fake.

You just can't not be cunt I see.

Back