Conservatives name a current liberal figure you respect and liberals do the same!

Currently:
Jon Huntsman
Susan Collins
Charlie Baker

Historically:
Well none of the historical conservatives would be conservatives by modern definitions. They'd be economically-literate cucks.

You talking about Huntsman Sr or Jr?

does this not capture the essence of the despair the neocons are feeling about their loss of control and growing irrelevance

DUZ8aKtWsAAyTEI.jpg:large

-

oh yeah thread title . . . hmm, I am pretty hard-core conservative. I would have to say that any of the liberal celebs, pundits or well-known intellectuals who get it about the threat of Islam and know how to articulate that intelligently would get my respect. I have often said about Sam Harris that I don't mind him so much being against my Christianity as long as he keeps hammering on Islam.

Jr.

I don't know anything about Huntsman Sr. tbh

Huntsman was my pick in 2012. Really lame he didn't get more traction. He stayed consistent at like 2-3% the whole time while everyone else got to surge for a moment against Romney.

Do you mind that he was pretty big on gun rights?

Huntsman was my pick in 2012. Really lame he didn't get more traction. He stayed consistent at like 2-3% the whole time while everyone else got to surge for a moment against Romney.

He was the only principled guy in the lot. Same with Pataki this past cycle.

Do you mind that he was pretty big on gun rights?

No, because I'm pretty big on gun rights. I think gun rights advocates are often complete fucking morons, and I hate single-issue voters of all kind, but I am myself pretty libertarian on the issue of firearms.

He was the only principled guy in the lot. Same with Pataki this past cycle.

No, because I'm pretty big on gun rights. I think gun rights advocates are often complete fucking morons, and I hate single-issue voters of all kind, but I am myself pretty libertarian on the issue of firearms.

May not of mattered to you but to see a dbag like Santorum surge instead of Huntsman was one of the worst parts of any primary followed and that includes 2016 moments.

May not of mattered to you but to see a dbag like Santorum surge instead of Huntsman was one of the worst parts of any primary followed and that includes 2016 moments.

No, I think the 2012 primary was a considerable insight to the much more depressing 2016 primary, and into just reactionary and stupid the Republican base has become.

Even setting aside Trump's embarrassing rise through the ranks, there are plenty of other participants who outperformed Huntsman who are just about as embarrassing: Cain, Santorum, Carson, etc.

No, I think the 2012 primary was a considerable insight to the much more depressing 2016 primary, and into just reactionary and stupid the Republican base has become.

Even setting aside Trump's embarrassing rise through the ranks, there are plenty of other participants who outperformed Huntsman who are just about as embarrassing: Cain, Santorum, Carson, etc.

I mean, every surge in 2012 was a frail candidate. They only surged because there was a rather large anti- Romney block but like you said, they were only reactionary and bailed on each person when the smallest thing would occur. There was no grounding. At least on 2016, it was made into immigration . 2012 was just repeal Obamacare and something something flat tax.

Alan Dershowitz

I dont agree woth Ron Paul, but no one can say he was a hypocrite. He belived all that stuff

Tom Nichols, Tyler Cowen, David Frum, Eric Falkenstein, Cliff Asness, Robert Frey, Michael B. Doughterty are the first names that jump to mind.

On topic, Bill Maher seems decent and the kind of person I could argue the opposite side of a point and even if we didn’t come to an understanding, I could at least respect the logic behind his reasons even if I disagreed with them

liberal doesn't mean what it used to
bill maher, dave rubin, tyson (neil), penn, harris, chomsky (even though he's bceome a whiny bitch of late), and dawkins

Back