Consider the greatness of Roy Jones Jr.

Nice try. A guy said PEDs made you better and you said no and tried to justify your awful opinion with nonsense. Thousands of hours of training WILL in fact make somebody better. Deal with it.
jesus christ u might be developmentally disabled. the fucking point is that everyone could be on steroids and to hold one person accountable and deny them their greatness is asinine.

By looking at someone...that's not really a measurement.

Also alot of talk about 'RJJ in his prime'- he is only 3 years older than Joe Calzaghe...and we know how that turned out. Zero excuses.
cry me a river. is there a visual difference between russell westbrooks’s style of play and john stockton’s? sorry they don’t put boxers through a fucking combine

hang on- most athletic how? how are you quantifying that?

It's not exactly controversial to say Roy Jones is among the best pure athletes to ever compete in boxing. Do you think Calzaghe was a better athlete or a better fighter than Roy Jones? Because I'm pretty sure you'd be alone on that one (even though Calzaghe was a very special athlete in his own right).

look at this finish , just ridiculous , performance on the level of Ali cleavland williams

It's not exactly controversial to say Roy Jones is among the best pure athletes to ever compete in boxing.

I know and agree- but he said he was the MOST athletic and in a sport of athletes that's a pretty big thing to state

cry me a river. is there a visual difference between russell westbrooks’s style of play and john stockton’s? sorry they don’t put boxers through a fucking combine

'cry me a river'...you're not a normal bloke are ya mate

I know and agree- but he said he was the MOST athletic and in a sport of athletes that's a pretty big thing to state

Whenever the conversation is had, he's always mentioned, often as the most. It's a pretty defensible opinion.

Whenever the conversation is had, he's always mentioned, often as the most. It's a pretty defensible opinion.

he's mentioned, doesn't mean it is true simply because he has great athletecism. He had a unique fighting style, this shouldn't be mistaken for 'being the most athletic ever' without discussion. Amir Khan is a great athlete, Andre Ward is a great athlete, Lomachenko is a great athlete...list goes on.

every sport has “athletes” by definition and athleticism as a trait is defined by how quickly/powerfully/efficiently your body moves. roy jones is literally the perfect example of that in boxing

mayweather/pacquiao/de la hoya/sugar ray leonard etc etc. List goes on and on and on for great or 'greatest' athletes...like the p4p list you can argue over these things forever. the 'greatest athlete' in boxing is an opinion, not a fact.

mayweather/pacquiao/de la hoya/sugar ray leonard etc etc. List goes on and on and on for great or 'greatest' athletes...like the p4p list you can argue over these things forever. the 'greatest athlete' in boxing is an opinion, not a fact.
athleticism is literally quantifiable. there is a reason the nfl holds a combine every year

athleticism is literally quantifiable. there is a reason the nfl holds a combine every year

In boxing it isn't because other than actually fighting there are no series of tests against one another to prove this.

Quantifiably speaking, when was the last time (other than the tv series the contender lol)... that boxers were out to prove their 'athletecism' throught a series of tests?

In boxing it isn't because other than actually fighting there are no series of tests against one another to prove this.

Quantifiably speaking, when was the last time (other than the tv series the contender lol)... that boxers were out to prove their 'athletecism' throught a series of tests?
no one is saying that they do. the fighters you mentioned, what makes you think they’re athletic?

no one is saying that they do. the fighters you mentioned, what makes you think they’re athletic?

Speed/power/technical ability...it is an opinion therefore i wouldnt say any of them are the MOST athletic. Therefore rjj was another great boxer, not the MOST athletic

SPARQ testing has been done with a very small sample of boxers to quantify their athleticism (featured on The Contender show as previously mentioned). SPARQ stands for Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction & Quickness. Here is what was tested on the show.

Contact Sports SPARQ
Do you have what it takes to be a boxer? The SPARQ is a rating system designed to measure sport-specific athleticism. The results from these tests are combined and weighted using a specific formula. This battery of tests was used to assess the boxers on the TV show 'The Contender', and are not routinely conducted.
  • Quick-Strike — measures peak punch and striking output, using a 100-pound heavy bag while wearing gloves
  • Punch Power — measures the peak punch power during six punches, using a 100-pound heavy bag while wearing gloves .
  • Upper-Body Arm Crank — involves cranking an arm ergometer while standing, at maximum speed for two 15-second intervals against variable resistance. Peak and average upper body power is recorded.
  • Agility Jump — involves measuring the number of two-footed hops back and forth over a 12-inch hurdle for 45 seconds. This test measures agility, leg power and endurance.
  • Light Board — This test involves standing on a Bosu™ ball and facing a light board, which displays a target light that moves to different cells across the board. The athlete tries to press as many active lights as possible out of 90. This test measures reaction time, hand-eye quickness and coordination.
Boxing SPARQ

<Prem974>

man i uhhh don’t think i can handle this. if you can’t visually recognize a human beings ability to generate kinetic energy, then idk man.

Roys the most athletic period. the ending flurry again Vinny Paz , a left uppercut, double left hook, right hook, right uppercut and left uppercut WHILE hes moving towards vinny, no one else could do that

Last edited:
i don’t think there’s a fighter from 160-175 in history that beats rjj in his prime. the guy with the best chance is hagler who would never fold to his offense but i think he loses on points.

Archie Moore, Sugar Ray Robinson and Harry Greb with the same conditions as him could wax his versions within the same weight-classes as them.

But everyone had potential access to the same PEDs and same lack of drug testing. It was just part of the time and it's not like everyone else was tested except for him. Why should Roy get all the criticism just for being better?

Again... he got popped a steroid along with Richard Hall...and their fight was ruled a NC.

RJJ was an HBO Star. Things aren’t easier like before. Put it like this....

In order to have “caught” a guy like Canelo, they went all the way out on the 78th day prior to the first rematch. Canelo haters just LOVE to bring up his adverse finding of Clenbuterol. All when Francisco Vargas was cleared to fight with double than Canelo and who was “caught” 45 days out...

Only idiots don’t see how there’s favoritism and why VADA and HBO were suspect corrupt networks. This is why I’m happy HBO is gone.

People can’t hate on Canelo and then not accept boxing’s historical circumstances. Canelo was doing VADA since Mosley! (2012). HBO Promoted VADA as the Golden standard for advanced drug testing. Lampley had an infomercial during a live Broadcast with Vargas vs Bradley yet GGG barely started VADA in 2015 against Lemieux just 2 weeks away from the fight...
Abel Sanchez was also on record on YouTube (boxing scene interview) that if nobody asks for it then why should they do it.

With all this being said. Anybody seen that film the Devil’s Knot? It’s pretty apparent how in reality how those in power can control suspicious activity for crimes. But Aries cries about “conspiracy theories.”

Easy work! @Philtard @Seano

Back