Consumer Sentiment in U.S. Unexpectedly Surges to 13-Year High

B

BruceLeeOnTRT

U.S. consumer sentiment unexpectedly surged to a 13-year high as Americans’ perceptions of the economy and their own finances rebounded following several major hurricanes, a University of Michigan survey showed Friday.

Key Takeaways
The jump in sentiment, which was greater than any analyst had projected, may reflect several trends: falling gasoline prices following a hurricane-related spike; repeated record highs for the stock market; a 16-year low in unemployment; and post-storm recovery efforts driving a rebound in economic growth.

The advance in the main gauge spanned age and income subgroups as well as partisan views, according to the report. Almost six out of every 10 consumers thought the economy had recently improved in early October, the university said.

Not all measures in the survey showed big gains: the share of consumers reporting improved finances held steady at about half, while the proportion expecting gains in their financial situation fell slightly to 40 percent.

Official’s Views
“While the early October surge indicates greater optimism about the future course of the economy, it also reflects an unmistakable sense among consumers that economic prospects are now about as good as could be expected,” Richard Curtin, director of the University of Michigan consumer survey, said in a statement. “Indeed, nothing in the latest survey indicates that consumers anticipate an economic downturn anytime soon -- which contrarians may consider a clear warning sign of trouble ahead.”

Rest at:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...nt-in-u-s-unexpectedly-surges-to-13-year-high

I think that now, most of us can agree that this administration handled the natural disasters better than their predecessors.

Predicted headline

Robust economy, high employment detrimental to the environment

Obama's administration underperformed on the lousiana flood last year. He did not even bother to visit the flood site or meet with victims.

Current administration just handled 3 natural disasters back to back, and Trump has visited all of them.

How did Trump visiting do anything helpful?

Obama's administration underperformed on the lousiana flood last year. He did not even bother to visit the flood site or meet with victims.

Current administration just handled 3 natural disasters back to back, and Trump has visited all of them.

oh wow he visited them... maybe next we can have the yankees come down and sign some balls

I like how the economists always use the word "Unexpectedly". They did that repeatedly on Obama's horrible jobs numbers and shitty GDP.

Wow
-economy is becoming Great Again
-wall prototypes are being tested
-fake news media is exposed
-SJW troublemakers are getting embarrassed in the media
-Hillary still crying and embarrassing herself
-ISIS getting rekt

Will I ever get tired of winning?

That's what happens when you Make America Great Again!!!

Trumps tax plan he passed has worked out well for the economy.

How did Trump visiting do anything helpful?

Having the leader of your nation show up to your shelter to assure you that the government is working around the clock to fix this mess is a massive morale boost to people who have lost their homes. That's what leaders do, they go to their communities when they are in trouble. Hence why confidence is up.

On the opposite side, if you have lost a home in a flood and your president is on vacation telling you not to be racist, it will have a completely different effect on morale.

I like how the economists always use the word "Unexpectedly". They did that repeatedly on Obama's horrible jobs numbers and shitty GDP.

Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about if you think Obama's "job numbers" were "horrible."

Data extracted on: October 13, 2017 (4:48:59 PM)

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

Series Id: LNS14000000
Seasonally Adjusted
Series title: (Seas) Unemployment Rate
Labor force status: Unemployment rate
Type of data: Percent or rate

latest_numbers_LNS14000000_2007_2017_all_period_M09_data.gif

Numbers shot up during Obama's first term, but fell during his second. It was basically in the same spot when he left, as when he entered.

Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about if you think Obama's "job numbers" were "horrible."

Except that he had the highest amount of U.S. workers not in the workforce since any of us have been alive.

Plus visited and supported the Vegas victims following not long after.

Full retard.

1. Obama DID visit, you failed hard on that.

2. He delayed his visit because the governor asked him to because of logistical issues. Damn, how yould you fuck this up even more?

http://time.com/4464474/louisiana-governor-flooding-president-obama-alton-sterling/

"There was a discussion about the most appropriate time. And I told [the White House], I would rather get out of the response phase and into the recovery phase because I didn’t want to have to take first responders who were engaged in urban search and rescue and go close down the Interstate and block off every intersection and provide the security. From my perspective his visit was timely. There is no doubt in my mind that he’s going back to Washington, D.C., with a proper appreciation for just how immense this flood disaster was."

{<jordan}

BLTRT working tirelessly today to keep that Trump dream alive.

Back