Contact lenses?

Practical Goat

Knowledge Seeker
@White
Reaction score
I usually wear glasses but unaided my eyes aren't too great. I get by without any problems but would rather have better eye sight lol.

Have you ever thought about getting into judging?

I'll bet if you took the average pair of shoelaces to a lab and had them analyzed for germs you'd be shocked at how dirty they were.

I would say get em lasered but it's cheaper to have a friend cut em with an exacto

Thanks for the help guys lol. Just wanted to know whether you can wear contact lenses for amateur boxing.. Maybe google is my best bet.

Thanks for the help guys lol. Just wanted to know whether you can wear contact lenses for amateur boxing.. Maybe google is my best bet.

You can. I’ve sparred and fought in contact lenses for years. Only once have they become dislodged in the ring

You can. I’ve sparred and fought in contact lenses for years. Only once have they become dislodged in the ring
Your experience was much better than mine or maybe I was just a lot easier to hit. Mine nearly always came out after a couple of rounds. Very annoying and really screws with your depth perception was at least mine did.

The only thing you need to bear in mind is that you will need to undergo an eye exam for your license and if you are quite myopic (short-sighted) the doc might not grant you a license. This is due to the increased risk of a detached retina that is a result of being myopic.You can always do what I did though and cheat by not telling the doc you are wearing your contact lenses and hope he doesn't notice.

I lose a contact every few weeks from sparring. Considered LASIK, but they say shots to the head can damage the repair so the only option is the more expensive PRK surgery -which has a much longer recovery period.

Your experience was much better than mine or maybe I was just a lot easier to hit. Mine nearly always came out after a couple of rounds. Very annoying and really screws with your depth perception was at least mine did.

Mine only really become dislodged if I rub my and eyes, which I can’t do with gloves on. I’m not that easy to hit but that’s down to having a safety first approach. I’ve never been one who’s prepared to take one to land one.

I would say get em lasered but it's cheaper to have a friend cut em with an exacto

Laser eyes you say?

cyclops-o.gif

My brother has terrible eyesight, he would wear them and didn't seem to have a problem. That being said he would spar w/o contacts as well at times, and that took some getting used to for him but he said he wasn't that bad after he did that a few times. My brother jabbed a guy in the eye and his contact stuck to my brother's glove once, so it definitely does happen but not a huge deal either way from what I could tell.

Mine only really become dislodged if I rub my and eyes, which I can’t do with gloves on. I’m not that easy to hit but that’s down to having a safety first approach. I’ve never been one who’s prepared to take one to land one.
You're probably harder to hit than I was. Mine would come out when my own gloves would impact my eye off a blocked shot.

god, that just sounds so dumb, so you're going to put something on your eyeball and invite someone to take a shot at it, real smart. anyway, they say larry holmes had a contact lense in his eye when he fought holyfield and it came out, (duh).

Back