Cooking shows fans?

What exactly is the appeal of watching people cook? This is like the YouTube videos of watching people play video games to me.
Most people i know that watch these shows don't even cook
Sorry. If they'd known how you felt about it maybe things would have worked out differently.

Does he ever win? Talk about show title integrity.

He wins most of the time. Although he does lose occasionally.

The plot is two people do a 20 min cook off using something bobby chooses as an ingredient. The winner of that faces Bobby.

They then do another cook off but it is the challengers signature dish.

So he never knows what he will be cooking while they obviously know what it will be. So basically he is always at a disadvantage. imo

It is bananas total insanity. lol

He wins most of the time. Although he does lose occasionally.

The plot is two people do a 20 min cook off using something bobby chooses as an ingredient. The winner of that faces Bobby.

They then do another cook off but it is the challengers signature dish.

So he never knows what he will be cooking while they obviously know what it will be. So basically he is always at a disadvantage. imo

It is bananas total insanity. lol
Yes, sounds like high octane pure adrenaline.

Flay is the most overrated chef in the world. @HelloJapan @Fadetoblack918

3f400bf0503a4f7e9d44062cc9e8175f91f316ae7357153021ffefa749f40d09.jpg

U would get down on your knees and beg at his feet to eat his food like the peasant you are.

U would get down on your knees and beg at his feet to eat his food like the peasant you are.

Flay's a self righteous jackass. I've been to his restaurant in Las Vegas and it's nothing special.

Great British Baking Show and Worst Cooks in America are my favorites.

1523725559581835078.jpg

Flavor Town!!!

Chopped is GOAT though. Find most pretty boring sans those two.

I watch tons of cooking shows. Absolutely love them, and cooking. Though I'll never pass for a pro...

Top Chef. Alton Brown repeats. Chopped. Doesnt matter. All of them besides shows on sweets. Dont eat, cook, or care about sweets

Good Eats and Chopped are my favorites. I used to watch a lot of different cooking shows when I was teaching myself to cook at home. Alton is king of explaining not just how, but why you do certain things. Guy's old cooking show (not DDD) had good instruction as well. Flay sometimes glosses over things but I still got some good recipes off of him.

Chopped was always good for getting new ideas of how to use certain ingredients.

and bourdain is the biggest douchebag food snob in the world. i cant believe this guy has fans, most just because he was a big druggie and pretends to be edgy.

He's a BJJ blue belt. I'll give him that.

I will watch them from time to time. What I hate though is I have two friends who are very into them and they think they're the next Iron Chef anytime they host a cook out or something like that. So we all end up just standing around while they take 4 hours to grill chicken/make steaks.

I used to like that one where they found out the host lied about his resume so they fired him but the replacement guy sucked so bad they ended up hiring the original guy back. Forgot what it was called. He cooked a bunch of food really fast

Back