Cop Land (1997)

BisexualMMA

Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!
@Titanium
Reaction score
It presently sits at a slightly insulting 6.9 on IMDB. I think it would be safe to call this Stallone's best performance not in a Rocky or Rambo film, and an Oscar nomination for him wouldn't have been out of place.

Back when he was making $20M per movie, he made this one for $30K payment if I recall, just to get it made. He also stopped exercising and began pigging out to become a character that didn't seem physically imposing or terribly capable.

Also has one of the most underrated ensemble casts...well ever. Robert DeNiro, Harvey Keitel, Cathy Moriarty, Annabella Sciorra, Peter Berg, Frank Vincent, Michael Rapaport, Janeane Garofalo, Robert Patrick, Noah Emmerich, Ray Liotta, John Spencer, Edie Falco, Blondie's Debbie Harry and Method Man, among others.

It deserved better, critically and commercially.

Last edited:
It was a good movie especially the final action scene. Also Robert Patrick plays such a fantastic sleazy cop. He really makes you want to hate him.

Great flick. The only member of the film that take me out of it a bit is the kid that theyre all trying to kill. Dont know why, Ive just never liked him in anything he has ever done. Maybe its because he is so annoying to me that I want him to get capped. Im a bad person.

Great flick. The only member of the film that take me out of it a bit is the kid that theyre all trying to kill. Dont know why, Ive just never liked him in anything he has ever done. Maybe its because he is so annoying to me that I want him to get capped. Im a bad person.

Michael Rapaport? Heh, he just got raked over the coals in the UFC section for supporting Ronda Rousey SJW-style not too log ago. He definitely played a lot of assholes, but I always thought he did it well. I wanted him to fucking die in Higher Learning and Kiss of Death, but his acting never took me out of the movie.

Saw it in the theater when it came out, was awesome. I remember a cop vs suspect fight scene in the beginning was pretty brutal

movie is the shit, I liked Rappaport in it as well

How do you not like seasoned actor and honorary black person Michael Rappaport?

Good movie, some other underrated movies of his are

Lock Up
Cobra
Cliffhanger

Good movie, some other underrated movies of his are

Lock Up
Cobra
Cliffhanger

Lock Up is criminally underrated.

It's a performance that's largely forgotten in the middle of Stallone's resume, but shows how much more he brought to his roles than his action contemporaries of the time.

Stallone's best role was Stop or
My Mom Will Shoot.

I have this ever evolving list of movies that get recommended to me by people whose opinion I value and this one has been on there for a long time now. This thread just bumped it toward the top. Just under Leaving Las Vegas.

@grinderman

Night Slasher being a leftist woman going after far right republicans.

David Rasche is still white and in his 70s now, so he will be even sleazier and more sexist and ageist as the photographer. He can return.

MV5BMTc2OTE4MzA5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTIzNzcxOTE@._V1_.jpg

Saw this in the cinema and was not displeased.

A very reasonable film with a great performance by stallone.

I just feel that it missed a certain something that could have tipped it over the edge.

8/10

This was a pretty good movie but if you get a chance to see "Brooklyn's Finest" I'd recommend it. I think that was an all around better cop movie.

Back