Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

ProBoxingInsidr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't believe there isnt a thread on this, but I looked. If I missed it, feel free to delete.

This is pretty insane right here. And also the reason why blacks worried about racism shouldnt turn EVERYTHING into a racial issue. This here is obviously racism at work and there is nothing that can defend this unless there is a lot missing to the story. But considering other patrons came to their aid, it seems not likely. Stick to cases like that, and most rational people will have your back.

So these dudes got the cops called on them because they had not ordered anything, and got arrested for it. They said they hadnt ordered because they were waiting for a friend (who showed up while the police were there). And correct me if I am wrong, but Starbucks basically encourages people to come hang out there, ordering or not. People go and sit there all day working on their laptops.

The manager who called the cops needs to be fired. And the guys need a nice 5 figure settlement out of this. These are the causes we should get behind, not some dumb as criminal who may or may not have been shot one extra time

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-are-on-the-defensive/?utm_term=.2b3b14eddbcf

Last edited:
As a white man, who as a TEENAGER was detained, cuffed, and placed in the back of a squad car by police at a mall, for exactly the same reason (being told to leave by mall security and not leaving), I think this whole thing is bogus.

Leave when they tell you to leave. These two guys are ADULTS. They should know better.

Otherwise, you're trespassing. You don't have a right to be in that store - if they tell you to GTFO, you have to go.

And I know the people that will want to dismiss this will say "well they were told to order something!" when was the last time you were in a starbucks and were told to order something?

Man I hate it when people don't order stuff at Starbucks. They take up seats that paying customers should be able to use. This has happened to me a bunch of times. That being said, the manager shouldn't have called the cops.

As a white man, who as a TEENAGER was detained, cuffed, and placed in the back of a squad car by police at a mall, for exactly the same reason (being told to leave by mall security and not leaving), I think this whole thing is bogus.

Leave when they tell you to leave. These two guys are ADULTS. They should know better.

Otherwise, you're trespassing. You don't have a right to be in that store - if they tell you to GTFO, you have to go.
yea, you were in a mall. i am SURE that is the entire story.

"i was there in a mall during operating hours being normal and was told to leave!" yea, ok

Man I hate it when people don't order stuff at Starbucks. They take up seats that paying customers should be able to use. This has happened to me a bunch of times. That being said, the manager shouldn't have called the cops.
i agree. i hate that shit too. but that is on starbucks. they promote that. and of course they were waiting on someone before ordering

yea, you were in a mall. i am SURE that is the entire story.

"i was there in a mall during operating hours being normal and was told to leave!" yea, ok

We weren't buying anything.

We were loitering. Being teenagers. Hanging around just socializing and trying to talk to girls.

Exactly what these two idiots were probably doing, except they're broke ass 30 year old hoodrats - not 14 year old kids.

posted by a racist race baiter i'm sure they dindu nuffin

Vagrancy is illegal. They don't buy shit, get the fuck out. That space is for paying customers.

I'm getting a little tired of these videos that show fuck all about what really happened and just show a black guy getting arrested. were they asked to leave? How long had they been there?

This.

If asked to leave, you have to leave. The gripe is between starbucks and the guys refusing to leave. This will end in a go fund me page.

here we go again, playing the white card again.

We were loitering. Being teenagers. Hanging around just socializing and trying to talk to girls.

Exactly what these two idiots were probably doing, except they're broke ass 30 year old hoodrats - not 14 year old kids.
maybe you should read the article before providing your expert analysis

Okay okay lemme guess.....

'cause heuristics, right?

lol

Just more mainstream media bullshit. They pick insignificant stories like this to trend so they can cause more division between races. Divide and conquer.

There's obviously more to the story. They were probably being agressive or even threatening when asked to buy something or leave.

Vagrancy is illegal. They don't buy shit, get the fuck out. That space is for paying customers.

I'm getting a little tired of these videos that show fuck all about what really happened and just show a black guy getting arrested. were they asked to leave? How long had they been there?
another commenting without bothering to read the story. and have you ever been in starbucks? if you have, i bet you see a ton of people there not buying anything. why were these guys singled out? why did multiple customers (white) come to their defense? have you ever gone into a business and waited for your friends to get there before ordering? if so, why was it ok for you and not these guys?

but you know me. i have a pretty clear history of blaming everything on racism

another commenting without bothering to read the story. and have you ever been in starbucks? if you have, i bet you see a ton of people there not buying anything. why were these guys singled out? why did multiple customers (white) come to their defense? have you ever gone into a business and waited for your friends to get there before ordering? if so, why was it ok for you and not these guys?

but you know me. i have a pretty clear history of blaming everything on racism
The story said they were asked to leave.

As a white, 30 year old male, I doubt I would have had the cops called on me for sitting in a starbucks without buying a coffee.

I also doubt I would have been asked to leave.

Actually, if you do this based on race, it is illegal. Our supreme court has made that very clear.

Maybe they were there to talk about race with the barista

How do you know they're broke or hoodrats?

Because they didn't want a coffee, they don't have money? Because they're black, they're hood rats?

You're not doing yourself any favors saying that stuff man. If you have a point to prove, make it differently

Back