Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

Starbucks does not franchise
Ok good to know, apparently they are selling franchises in England and France though, either way it doesn't really matter if they do or not, what does matter is that just because a company as a whole is doing good it doesn't necessarily mean individual stores are doing well.

Lol at anyone that thinks this isnt racism. I hope Sharpton, Jackson and all the leaders of the AA community start a huge boycott. An apology isnt enough. I see some calling for company wide sensitivity and bias training. Thats a nice start. The lady who called the cops needs to be fired. There should also be a large donation made to the Rainbow Coalition.

The CEO has said the right things. Now he needs to back them up with actions

What about Seattle's best?

Taco bell express of coffee. I would prefer folders.

91Vf%2BbhGoEL._SL1500_.jpg

Good coffee.

just saw a piece on this on the local news in Toronto, the starbucks was surrounded by people holding up signs and protesting, the regional manager came out and said a few words, the regular nonsense.

I'm thinking this is a set-up

You can’t do that.
You order something in order to be allowed to sit down.

Otherwise homeless people could just sit in restaurants all day and night claiming they are “just waiting for a friend”.

It’s really simple.
In my establishments people are allowed to wait for friends without ordering. In fact I have my employees offer them water free of charge. If I'm in and feeling generous I might offer them a Coke or similar on me. I've even sent out complimentary food. Not even just apps, full entrees.

I open a lot of places and it's not uncommon for locals to wander in just to check out the new place in their neighborhood and to verbalize that they're not there to patronize. I don't ask them to leave. I might offer them water or food especially if the kitchen is testing menu items out.

Lol at anyone that thinks this isnt racism. I hope Sharpton, Jackson and all the leaders of the AA community start a huge boycott. An apology isnt enough. I see some calling for company wide sensitivity and bias training. Thats a nice start. The lady who called the cops needs to be fired. There should also be a large donation made to the Rainbow Coalition.

it's a set-up, calm down

i think this might be a response to the city of Seattle for not meeting with Kap, after all starbucks is from Seattle

Do fuck off you troll.

You’re not an established mega-chain.

Big difference.
I've done work for a very established hospitality/restaurant group(actually one of the most established in the United States) and still occasionally do some work for one of the largest bar groups. Our smallest place that's not even open 7 days a week does about 1.5 in revenue and growing yearly.

“business”

Businesses make money.
Or try to.

Loitering doesn’t make money.

Sure, but their entire model was based on the idea of being a place where people can just hang out. That's why they can't sweat customers who take ages to order or order one coffee and nurse it all day while surfing the free wifi and chatting with friends. That's what the place is supposed to be, an imitation of Euro cafe culture. Part of how they justified their prices.
Getting that culture right is supposedly why they didn't franchise.
...and you have to think that's part of their success story right? I'm sure it's not like there's a shortage of places in America selling overpriced, extra large, syrupy slushies in takeaway containers to people who don't know what coffee is.

Last edited:
They sound poor tbh. Poor people should be kicked out.

In my establishments people are allowed to wait for friends without ordering. In fact I have my employees offer them water free of charge. If I'm in and feeling generous I might offer them a Coke or similar on me. I've even sent out complimentary food. Not even just apps, full entrees.

I open a lot of places and it's not uncommon for locals to wander in just to check out the new place in their neighborhood and to verbalize that they're not there to patronize. I don't ask them to leave. I might offer them water or food especially if the kitchen is testing menu items out.

I always hang out at fastfood joint not ordering anything specially if not packed but for places like your establishments that will serve water I do feel embarassed at times so I will order something so as not to be a cheap bastard to much hahaha.

They sound poor tbh. Poor people should be kicked out.
If there's one thing I learned in that line of work is that you never know. One of my mentors owns an international chain. He'd cry if his finances looked like Conor Mcgregor's. He's among the most humble people I know and we've done the exact same thing the guys in this story have plenty of times.

It's the service industry and you should have patience since it's not about you. That's literally why we get paid, to accommodate other people.

Seems like they had the temerity to ask a black person to do something and activated their “AYO FUCK YOU WHITEY, YOU RAYCIS” response.

Agreed a boycott is a great idea, maybe that was the strategy. Business would go through the roof.

lol look at the beta cuck ts and the people in the video trying to Virtue Signal for the camera. Didn't leave when asked to leave. Cops called. Cops explained that it's trespassing and they had to leave. Refused to leave. Were arrested. No big deal.

Im not saying those employees in starbuck where not racist but if you wanted to prove a point they should have purchased something, then they would had have to leave you alone. Shit the starbucks in vegas let me get drunk in their place only after they said i had to by something first lol. Ive gotten in trouble with my trade school when i sat in a book store / cafe and not buy anything wile i waited for the greyhound to show up. After that I didnt go in unless i was going to buy something.

Last edited:
I don't know if this specific incident can be classified as loitering, since they were waiting for a friend. So maybe they were going to order when the friend showed up. People do wait for friends to show before ordering; it's not unheard of.

We don't know if the store has a history of asking non-Black patrons to leave if they didn't order.

There ya go.

You don't know.

It's a none issue until you do.

All I read is a story where the manager asked two patrons to leave the store and they refused. They don't have that right. If you are asked to leave a store and you refuse I consider that a hostile act and the police need to be called because I as a manager have the right to remove you from the premises. You as a patron do not have a right to argue my authority.

Now if those two men left the store on their own as asked and investigated and noticed that the store manager wasn't asking whites that were loitering to leave...then they would have an argument I could get behind.

REFUSING TO LEAVE ONCE ASKED is the issue I have with these two attention seeking assholes. They don't own starbucks. they don't manage starbucks. they responsibility in this situation as members of society was to leave once requested to do so. failure to do that simple fucking task is aggressive and combative.

Last edited:
Guarantee these punks were being unruly and rude.

The manager told them to leave and they wouldn't... that tells you everything you need to know about their attitude. They weren't even customers...

If a manager or owner tells you to leave their place of business, YOU LEAVE!

Except that the people that were actually there said that they weren't being unruly or rude. Nothing in the video would suggest that either, as they react pretty calmly to being arrested.

I’ve never gone to Starbucks and sat down without ordering something.

Everyone’s racist though brah.

Back