Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

You are absolutely correct sir.

But at the point those two black assholes were asked to leave the store had they done a proper investigation before they refused the request of the store manager?

When the police came, had they felt that their opinion on the situation was "above the law" to warrant disregarding a request to leave the store?

We can't have a fucking society operate with every individual deciding at any given time that their point of view trumps society rules.

I'd have no problem with those two individuals doing as requested, filing a complaint with head office and/or reporting the matter to the authorities or to the media to get Starbucks in trouble.

THAT'S HOW A FUCKING SOCIETY OPERATES.

It doesn't/will not operate when everyone decides that their opinion or point of view trumps social structure.
I think that's why everyone is saying the police did nothing wrong, and that the 2 guys could have handled the situation better, but it doesn't change the fact that it seems apparent they were targeted for their skin colour (if eye witness accounts are to be believed), so that some negative consequences ought to befall the manager who called 911.

And yeah, I still can't believe this thread is still going.

I wish I had enough time in my life to get into conflicts and get arrested instead of spending $2 on a cookie or bottle of water.

I thoroughly enjoy opening up Yahoo every day to be greeted by a story like this. Every. Single. Day.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-men-arrested-starbucks-settle-162233584.html

I love the video in this story with it's heart wrenching dramatic music. Such heroes fighting against insurmountable odds of oppression.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. You've done the community a service. I wasn't aware of this,
"Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross, who is black, at first defended his officers' conduct, but days later issued a televised apology for the way the Starbucks call was handled."
I wonder if there is an online video of this.

Back