cops committed armed robberies, home invasions; had BB guns to plant on unarmed citizens

Two quick points
1. Even after all my right-wing terrorism threads, you still choose to be ignorant about the easily-confirmable fact that they're the number one domestic terror threat in America ( and have been for decades -- also the number one killers of law enforcement). It's because of posters like you that I chose to focus on the subject.
2. I loved your little editorials about why your threads were dumped: you're a victim and nobody understands your genius. Legit lol. Also, and totally unrelated, have you ever read mass shooters characterize the things that upset them?
ROFLMAO

iseewhatyoudidthere.gif

Imagine being a cop and working hard for arrests only to have some liberal lawyer put them back on the streets.

Sometimes when they know the bad element they have to do what they have to because of the liberal lawyers

Ugh. Dude I am a cop and this is not a good way of thinking if you're an officer. Is it frustrating sometimes that the person who blatantly committed a crime walks? Of course. That doesn't mean you can cut corners and do illegal stuff to get the conviction. I would rather lose every case in court than defile my family name and get locked up for corruption.

My field training officer gave me a tip and now that I'm one I pass it on to all new recruits: by arresting that person and charging them with the crime YOU HAVE DONE YOUR JOB as a cop. It's the states attorney's job to win the case and if they don't, it sucks, but it is what it is.

i think i've figured out the cop thing, granted this is just spitballing

but the vast vast majority of people never have positive interactions w/ cops. Barring major cities, 'beatcops' aren't really a thing anymore so the only time you ever deal w/ them is being pulled over. Unless you're a criminal or constant victim of crime but that's not the average person

Nobody i've ever met sees a cop behind them, and goes 'hell yeah, keep protecting and serving'. Even if you know you aren't speeding or whatnot, people still generally check the speedometer/seatbelt/whatever even if they know they're good.

And when you realize that's largely just to produce revenues for that jurisdiction, and doesn't do much to deter actual crime.....

It's why people like fireman, all they do is help people

Well, you've certainly made some good points. They actually teach you some of that stuff in the academy (the perception of the police by the public). The reality is when people have interaction with the police it's either when they've done something wrong or been wronged. It really doesn't matter how respectful or cool the cop is. You may think "this ticket/getting arrested really sucks but at least the cop was decent" but you still won't have a super positive experience.

It's just the way it is and something that you have to accept if you're on the job. 10% of people hate cops, 10% love them and 80% are indifferent and can go either way defending on how they are treated. At least in my experience.

Now if you solve a crime and lockup someone the victim will be thrilled, but, if they get a ticket for speeding in a school zone the next day they'll still think you're an asshole.

It would be nice if there were a blacksite facility for bad cops, like there is for drug dealers and gangbangers.

Knowing that they could spend the rest of their days on a IV diet chained to a cold steel bed wide awake, would likely curb this kind of behavior.

It couldn't possibly be more appropriate.
Do you think it's appropriate that it's being used as a defense? "They're just a few bad apples that's all."

Seems like that's not the way the expression is supposed to be used. The fact that they spoil the bunch is conveniently left out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back